Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

The Jags are bad, missing players on defense due to injury and the Bills couldn’t move the ball.  Maybe it was just a really really bad day for  Josh but he seems to be locking in on a target and not scanning field.  Sure when you are being pressured hard to scan field but last play is a perfect example looks like sanders is open for what would be a first down and he tries to throw across body to get it to Diggs who will have to make a major play to get the first down.    We should beat the Jets but they did beat the Titans and after Jags game My confidence in winning any game doesn’t exist right now.  

Definitely wasn't a good day for Allen. I didn't really see him locking into one wide receiver. In fact, he checked down a lot because the initial and or primary receivers were covered. The pressure he faced was pretty much a recipe for failure. The Bills need to have a running threat and implement plays that are deaigned to beat cover 2. For example, slants and gos down the middle of the field. Teams will continue to use the Titan and Jag strategy to beat the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I am seeing another loss to an inferior team. They have a solid d and will give a Josh and online fits

D-line is solid but the secondary is garbage. Did you not see what the Colts did to them last week? To me this game comes down to the Bills OL and can they play respectable. I don't expect them to play good but just give Josh some time to throw and he will destroy the Jets secondary. I expect the Bills D to handle the Jets O although White will probably lead them on some nice drives. Don't expect the Bills D to hold them to 9 points. Bottom line if the Bills O-line does OK the Bills will win. IMHO.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

D-line is solid but the secondary is garbage. Did you not see what the Colts did to them last week? To me this game comes down to the Bills OL and can they play respectable. I don't expect them to play good but just give Josh some time to throw and he will destroy the Jets secondary. I expect the Bills D to handle the Jets O although White will probably lead them on some nice drives. Don't expect the Bills D to hold them to 9 points. Bottom line if the Bills O-line does OK the Bills will win. IMHO.

“D-line is solid and secondary is garbage” was the report on the Jags too. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“D-line is solid and secondary is garbage” was the report on the Jags too. 

I am expecting the Bills offense to have a better day. Last week was just garbage offensively all around. If we can't beat the Jets then you really have to question just how good is this team. I don't know if the Bills took the Jags lightly like some of their players said but I expect that won't be the case this week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

The Jags are bad, missing players on defense due to injury and the Bills couldn’t move the ball.

This is a completely inaccurate statement.  The Bills moved into Jacksonville territory on all but two of their possessions and I don’t recall even one 3-and-out.  They were befuddled by penalties and lack of execution at inopportune moments.  It was ugly, but they were still well over 300 yards in offense.

The “I have no confidence the Bills will win another game” stuff is freaking hilarious.  Vegas still thinks they are the Super Bowl favorite.

We can admit and talk about flaws they have, but folks have gone completely overboard.

Fans crack me up.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I’m not saying the Jets have a good D or predicting a loss for the Bills, but you described the Jax D when you wrote “D-line is solid but the secondary is garbage”. 
I think there were a ton of factors that went into the Bills poor offensive performance on Sunday In Jacksonville. 2 of the 3 losses this year have been due to a poor performance by the O. Both those losses came against teams with solid d lines, Pitt had a great dline that game. 
We have heard for 3 years that Daboll is good at scheming to his opponent, time to see it this weekend against the Jets. I have a feeling they will try to do what Miami and Jax did. 
There are reasons to be optimistic, I think if Breda is active and they use him right, he can help break up the cover 2 deep shell Jax and Miami used. Breda catching those same passes Singletary did, might turn into a couple of big YAC gains. Knox will also help in the dump off game. Sweeney isn’t in the same ball park as Knox. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Every Bills game comes down to the Bills OL and can they play respectable.  That's really about it.  If the OL plays respectable, the Bills beat, or at least have a great shot at beating any team in the league.  There isn't another weakness on this team that is significant enough to make a difference outside of fluke plays like a blocked punt or a QB slipping on 4th down.  

Everyone just needs to take a collective breath and realize how good this team is.  Good teams lose games to bad teams, it happens.  Breathe in, breathe out, move on.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m not saying the Jets have a good D or predicting a loss for the Bills, but you described the Jax D when you wrote “D-line is solid but the secondary is garbage”. 
I think there were a ton of factors that went into the Bills poor offensive performance. 2 of the 3 losses were due to a poor performance by the O. Both those losses came against teams with solid d lines, Pitt had a great dline that game. 
We have heard for 3 years that Daboll is good at scheming to his opponent, time to see it this weekend against the Jets. I have a feeling they will try to do what Miami and Jax did. 

They absolutely will. Every team is going to look at what the Fins and Jags did to stop the Bills. Hopefully the Bills have answers. Getting healthy players back especially on the OL is a start.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

This is a completely inaccurate statement.  The Bills moved into Jacksonville territory on all but two of their possessions and I don’t recall even one 3-and-out.  They were befuddled by penalties and lack of execution at inopportune moments.  It was ugly, but they were still well over 300 yards in offense.

The “I have no confidence the Bills will win another game” stuff is freaking hilarious.  Vegas still thinks they are the Super Bowl favorite.

We can admit and talk about flaws they have, but folks have gone completely overboard.

Fans crack me up.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying at all, but if the Bills OL continues to be bad you will have to admit it will destroy the season.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

There are reasons to be optimistic, I think if Breda is active and they use him right, he can help break up the cover 2 deep shell Jax and Miami used. Breda catching those same passes Singletary did, might turn into a couple of big YAC gains.

I would prefer them to bring up Antonio Williams from the practice squad. I think a straight-ahead, pounding running back with good speed is what we could use. I don't blame Moss or Singletary a bit for the poor running game; yes, they missed chances here and there, but when yards before contact is .22 yards--eight inches!--you can't blame the backs. Maybe Ford and Boettger (or Bobby Johnson) will get the message when Williams slams into their backs three times in a row. For this one game, I would rather see three yards and a cloud of dust on most drives, just so the line remembers what run blocking is. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, finn said:

I would prefer them to bring up Antonio Williams from the practice squad. I think a straight-ahead, pounding running back with good speed is what we could use. I don't blame Moss or Singletary a bit for the poor running game; yes, they missed chances here and there, but when yards before contact is .22 yards--eight inches!--you can't blame the backs. Maybe Ford and Boettger (or Bobby Johnson) will get the message when Williams slams into their backs three times in a row. For this one game, I would rather see three yards and a cloud of dust on most drives, just so the line remembers what run blocking is. 

You might be right for running style. The oline was atrocious on Sunday. Need to stop moving people all over the place. Williams should stay at guard and give Tommy a shot at RT if Brown can’t go. Ford is a huge liability and he is going to get someone hurt.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.