Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, MJS said:

That's a nice theory, but I am not actually too bothered by the loss. A loss is a loss. They suck. I move on and look for the Bills to overcome and get more wins. On to next week.

This week I have been bothered by the fans more than other weeks because I believe many of their takes to be embarrassing and ridiculous.

Being like that is a real thing.   When the Bills were losing more than winning every year....and still packing the house...Promo could not post enough about how bad the fans were.   Now that they have a winning organization he's moved on to greener pastures for misery mining.   I see you following his energy vamping trend.    It makes you feel better to publicly portray yourself as above the fray........so you look for said fray.

If you were really above it..........you would just be ignoring it.   

Because anyone who has followed the team on message boards for any amount of time knows that the fan reaction to bad losses has always been the same whether it was good late 90's teams,  drought teams or more recent years.  

It's how passionate fans of all pro sports teams react to bad performance.  

Overreaction is a function of the fact that changing anything is ultimately out of their control.  Hence the hyperbole.  Why you might actually think that it reflects poorly on the fan base I don't know because any group of fans that cares does the SAME thing.

There are things to complain about with Bills fans........like ex-pats who would rather travel anywhere else in the country to show their loyalty rather than actually coming to Orchard Park to root on the team(for instance)...........but being disillusioned after what should be a once every 10+ year kind of upset loss is not really one of them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Being like that is a real thing.   When the Bills were losing more than winning every year....and still packing the house...Promo could not post enough about how bad the fans were.   Now that they have a winning organization he's moved on to greener pastures for misery mining.   I see you following his energy vamping trend.    It makes you feel better to publicly portray yourself as above the fray........so you look for said fray.

If you were really above it..........you would just be ignoring it.   

Because anyone who has followed the team on message boards for any amount of time knows that the fan reaction to bad losses has always been the same whether it was good late 90's teams,  drought teams or more recent years.  

It's how passionate fans of all pro sports teams react to bad performance.  

Overreaction is a function of the fact that changing anything is ultimately out of their control.  Hence the hyperbole.  Why you might actually think that it reflects poorly on the fan base I don't know because any group of fans that cares does the SAME thing.

There are things to complain about with Bills fans........like ex-pats who would rather travel anywhere else in the country to show their loyalty rather than actually coming to Orchard Park to root on the team(for instance)...........but being disillusioned after what should be a once every 10+ year kind of upset loss is not really one of them.

/thread.

They are either going to blow the jets off the face of the earth (maybe even launch them into orbit) or get beat in a squeaker with the game being similar to the Jacksonville game (low scoring). Can't wait until they get Feliciano and Brown back; that right side of the line was dreadful-oh wait the whole line was dreadful.

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I suspect with Feliciano out now, they have to bubble wrap Bates in the event that Morse gets hurt. Not sure we have any other player who can play center on the roster. 

Ike has played it in Preseason games, emergency center.

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I suspect with Feliciano out now, they have to bubble wrap Bates in the event that Morse gets hurt. Not sure we have any other player who can play center on the roster. 

If bates provides a better option at guard than either ford or Ike, I can’t imagine they would keep him on the shelf just for that reason. They did sign jamil Douglas off the PS  though so must think he’s at least competent. It looks promising for Spencer brown to be back so that will allow Williams to go back to RG. I think we will see a change at LG this week. I’ll be surprised if Ike or ford start vs jets after that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Can’t wait for all the idiotic 56-7 predictions coming in a few days that appear here every single week. 

After the Jags game I can't imagine anyone would pick the Bills in a blowout win right now especially with a high school level OL.

12 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

we go 7-2 at worst our last 9 games & the Jax gm means nothing at the end! Every one is freaking out, every year good teams lose weird games

I hope you are right.  But I don't share your optimism.  Tampa, Saints, Indy, 2 NE- we arent playing the Texans anymore,  If Buffalo wants to run with Big Dogs, they better step up.  Big Dogs dont put up 6 at Jax.  The dog**** football the offense has played for 6 out of last 8 quarters- Big Dogs will crush us,.  Time for Bills to step up and show us they are a Big Dog

At this point, I'm all for demoting Cody Ford to Ball Boy, and raiding every PS in the league for OGs.  In fact, if they want to cut everyone on the PS, and fill it just with OGs in a sort of come one, come all tryout, I'd be ok.  If you can't pick out the good ones, then start throwing cow ***** at the wall until it sticks.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

At this point, I'm all for demoting Cody Ford to Ball Boy, and raiding every PS in the league for OGs.  In fact, if they want to cut everyone on the PS, and fill it just with OGs in a sort of come one, come all tryout, I'd be ok.  If you can't pick out the good ones, then start throwing cow ***** at the wall until it sticks.

I say try Doyle. Can't be much worse than the guy who apparently can't pick up a defensive line stunt, something they teach in HIGH SCHOOL. 

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

I'll be there. Going to the DMB concert the night before at the garden then heading to tailgate and hopefully meet some fellow Bills fans in the parking lots.

Nice.  I saw them at Syracuse and Star Lake this year, wish I could make MSG too.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.