Allen refusal to throw underneath is killing us. Killing drives. This was on 17 strictly

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, cale said:

This O Line sucks. Especially the right side. Almost every snap he was under pressure. Until the line is fixed, this is going to be an issue. They need to move the pocket now to protect Josh. It plays to his strengths too.

Please refer to Titans v Rams last night for how to beat these pass rush heavy teams. Especially ones where the secondary is vulnerable.

Time to drop the 11 personnel for now and go 21. Or try Kumerow in a hybrid WR/TE position. He is a big big man.

Lee Smith, Bills Nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

And that's on the coaching staff obviously

There's a reason why Daboll's offenses in the NFL sucked prior to last year and why he wasn't hired as the chargers or other teams HC last year.

The problem is now we are stuck with Daboll and have to live with Beane's unwilling attempt to bring in any OL help at all.  We all know Ford sucks, how in the world does Beane not bring anyone in to permanently put Ford on the bench.  Anything at this point is a upgrade over Ford....

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No.   

He actually did take the underneath stuff today and there was minimal yac 

Beasely and Singletary combined for 15 catches - for 76 yards.  

Cole had 8 catches for 33 yards.  

How's that even possible????

Great point backed up by actual game data.  These people keep flogging the dead horse that Allen won't take the check down throws when he clearly does.  And the amount of YAC produced by our RB's and TE's not named Knox is anemic.  And yesterday Beasley was clearly not healthy so we lost the YAC he normally produces.

And to claim yesterday's loss was strictly on Allen can only be called trolling as it completely ignores an O-line performance that with the missed blocks and awful penalties may have been the worst performance by an O line in years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:45 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

This is the worst state of TSW I have seen in a long time.  Never seen so many useless, fact-less, uniformed, absurd and completely wrong hot takes like this in forever…heck maybe ever.  

Funny, I have a bunch of private messages from long standing sane posters all talking about how we may need to avoid this place the rest of the week as it’s getting worse by the hour.  

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I avoid the GDTs and sparsely visit the SB. 

AND my tongue 👅 is sore from biting it 

With all the “Woe is us” threads. 

Calling them “Corrupt Refs” when calling them incompetent is sufficient 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, JerseyBills said:

He refuses to just get a quick 6 7 yards to the RB or TE real quick, always looking to push and get the intermediate routes and he's phenomenal but you have to also take these easy 5 10 yard passes. 

He killed so many drives because of this.

D played phenomenal 

ST played phenomenal 

O played decent,  but Allen's refusal to throw underneath quickly, when you're facing a ton of pressure is his Worse trait and I love him for it at the same time but today it lost us what should have been a 2 TD win. He killed multiple drives directly because of this against one of the worse teams in the game. 

This one was on 17. 

You people refuse to admit or admit this fatal flaw. I know I'm going to get flack. I love 17 . Just being real. Giving my opinion. 

Completely agree...

In fact, I was saying the same thing about Josh after the Titans game...he did the same thing on the 2nd to last drive, by continuing to throw deep 3 straight times (with the lead) instead of moving the chains, and running out the clock...

His biggest strength is his biggest weakness, and he’s going to have to get over being bored with short passes, because that’s how the league is going to keep playing him...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Completely agree...

In fact, I was saying the same thing about Josh after the Titans game...he did the same thing on the 2nd to last drive, by continuing to throw deep 3 straight times (with the lead) instead of moving the chains, and running out the clock...

His biggest strength is his biggest weakness, and he’s going to have to get over being bored with short passes, because that’s how the league is going to keep playing him...

Watched a full breakdown, he was early or late underneath passes. Lots of them.

This is the worst state of TSW I have seen in a long time.  Never seen so many useless, fact-less, uniformed, absurd and completely wrong hot takes like this in forever…heck maybe ever.  

Funny, I have a bunch of private messages from long standing sane posters all talking about how we may need to avoid this place the rest of the week as it’s getting worse by the hour.  

You're actually the delusional one.

I love Allen. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.  But I'm also going to point out his flaws and last week his flaws cost us a W. The tape clearly shows a ton of yards left on the field. 

It's become everyone's fault but 17 on here. I knew I'd catch major flack for this post but it's becoming a trend for him and a drive killer. 

I really think it is a small percentage of posters. However, they have absolutely taken over the board this week. I thought it would have started to subside by now...

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I love Allen. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.  But I'm also going to point out his flaws and last week his flaws cost us a W. The tape clearly shows a ton of yards left on the field. 

It's become everyone's fault but 17 on here. I knew I'd catch major flack for this post but it's becoming a trend for him and a drive killer. 

Its hard to stray to far from what gave Buffalo the most explosive O in the league last season without an alternative that works well. I'm not sure we have one. Allen likes to make big plays and I refuse to call it a flaw. 

I think most of the blame starts at the top with Daboll, or even higher If McD doesn't get the Bills O on track somehow. Buffalo needs to run the ball better for starters. Its not something that can be approached as an afterthought IMO. We have to establish a good run game.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I really think it is a small percentage of posters. However, they have absolutely taken over the board this week. I thought it would have started to subside by now...

To be fair, Sunday was an utter embarrassment - people won’t forget quickly, even if we somehow blowout the Jets.

44 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I dont even have words.....the cockroaches really do come out on this board after losses

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is what is meant by "regression." No, Josh Allen did not get "worse" than he was last year. No, Josh Allen did not unlearn the important things he learned in 2019 and 2020. Unless we're talking about a veteran mediocrity who suddenly has a great season in his mid-30s (Rich Gannon?), we never know when a guy is having a career season until after the fact. You could say the same thing about Patrick Mahomes' sophomore NFL season, his first as a starter.

We still have a very, very good QB, and he'll still do great things. He may have seasons that equal or even exceed his 2020 season. But absolutely everything fell into place just right last year, and no one should realistically expect that to happen year after year after year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

And if he’d had an average game on Sunday his 2021 stats would have probably been ahead of 2020. Saying that, at this point last season you could argue we had played a tougher schedule - minus two matches against the Jets plus the Dolphins we had faced the Rams, the Raiders, the Patriots, the Chiefs and the Titans.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Im delusional?  You started a thread about him NOT throwing under neath when he probably threw UNDERNEATH more in this game than he has all season.  Sorry, your thread is ridiculous in that nature as many others have already pointed out to you and showed you the actual facts of how much he did throw underneath.  

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Funny a lot of them are people I have never even heard of or rarely see around here (not saying the OP here, but in general).  Suddenly they are in like 100 threads whining about all this doom and gloom nonsense, McD and Beane suck, Allen sucks, our receivers suck, our DL sucks...and so on and so on.  Just say something negative in the thread title and these ghosts will post 100 times in that thread.  Once we win again, we wont hear from them until the next loss.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Jesus is that guy clueless 

JA has the same stats through 8 games in 2021 as he had in 2020

The only thing down is completion % by 

2 whole points 😳

What do his stats through 8 games tell you about his performance last week?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.