Who is to blame: MCD or Bean?

RyanC883

Blame  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Blame

• MCD
    • Bean

Let's talk about the undisciplined play of a supposedly well coached team. How many unnecessary roughness and personal fouls should a great team have. Would a Bellicek coached team have a disgusting performance like that. It's inexcusable and the motivation and pride was lacking. It's time for Sean and Beane to take a look in the mirror. Disciplined play is a product of personnel and coaching. 

• Agree 2

In the off-season, Beane resigned Feliciano and D. Williams and drafted OL #3, #5 and #6.  Also signed some JAG free agents.  I don't think it's fair to say he didn't address the OL in the off-season.   Brown appears to be a great pick-up.  At worst a long-time starter, maybe a lot better than that.  Dawkins getting COVID didn't help.  He's been subpar.  Williams was great last year, not so much this year.

I'm guessing the real problem is that he expected Ford to take a starting guard spot and that has been a total disaster.  With Ford looking like a total bust, Dawkins and Williams having subpar years and Brown and Feliciano hurt, well there you have it.  The OL is a mess.  

I don't think it is as bleak as people think.  If Brown and Feliciano come back, the line will be serviceable this year.  If we have any money to play with, I'm sure we'll target OL.  If not, we'll use a high draft pick on a nasty interior OL, a Wyatt Teller-type.  We definitely need OL who can do more than pass block.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, poblano said:

It's all about execution, specially by Allen.  In the 4th quarter in an option play he keeps tha ball when Singlentary has the running lanes to convert the 1st down, and the Jacksonville player was  committed to Allen. And in the last offensive play by Buffalo, blatantly missed Sanders, instead he looked for Diggs in a very risky pass

Yup, saw both those and said the same thing. Hard to think straight though when constantly running for your life. Hope they watch some of these plays and just learn and grow from it.

• Like (+1) 1

Every big win its the same thing...McBeane are the best tandem in the NFL or among the best.

Every disappointing loss is the same thing...McBeane is an issue, who is more at fault and who should be fired.

Rinse and Repeat.  Welcome to TSW.  

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

DL had lack of sustained pressure on Lawrence.  Bass was great though 

We gave up 9 points.  Please explain to me how the defense had anything to do with this loss?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Every big win its the same thing...McBeane are the best tandem in the NFL or among the best.

Every disappointing loss is the same thing...McBeane is an issue, who is more at fault and who should be fired.

Rinse and Repeat.  Welcome to TSW.  

We gave up 9 points.  Please explain to me how the defense had anything to do with this loss?  

we just lost to a 1-6 team missing its starting RB and LT.   The team was a joke, esp on offense.     

As to defense, how many interceptions did Lawrence, who has 9 on the season, throw against out vaunted D?   How many tackles for loss did we have against a depleted OL?  

19 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How could you misspell Beane in the thread title, poll, AND thread text? Do you really think his name is Bean?

I think some people’s blood pressure and/or BAC went haywire preventing clear thought. 

Edited by Augie

At this point Beane is to blame unless the coaching staff can fix this offense/OL with what we have.

Same IOL.  Worse TEs.  Same active RBs.  Better WRs (which was a strength).  Better tackles (which was our strength along the OL).  Passing up Humphrey and Trey smith will always sting.  

• Like (+1) 1

I say Beane because outside of Allen and Diggs you can argue he's misfired big time on most draft picks and trades.

Of course he did draft Wyatt Teller but didn't think he was good enough to make this team so that's a huge miss as well.

If this team continues to flounder or is one and done in the postseason there needs to be some real pressure on him in the offseason given the number of holes this team has and likely not much cap room to operate.

I don't know who you "fault" for transforming this franchise from Football Siberia to a super bowl contender that's made the playoffs 3 times in 4 years and a trip to the AFCCG.

Who's "fault" was Tre White, Matt Milano, Allen, Dawkins, Diggs, Knox, Rousseau, Power, Hyde, the entire defense for that matter.    

We went from Nate Peterman to the envy of the league in 4 years to complaining when we're 5-3 and in first place (we were 4-2 last year and played horrific vs Team Covid).  We clearly over looked Jacksonville.  We weren't prepared on offense and that's not going to happen again.  I think Daboll was watching a lot of Justin Fields tape last week.

They're going to figure out real quick if they haven't already things won't come easy all the time like last it almost always did - and it's OK - see the struggles had by Lamar, Mahomes, Baker, Stafford.  

It's not worth it they've cemented themselves as one of the best front offices in the league.  So why is this even a question?

Just get to solutions for the line and the running game. 

My hope is we find our Devonte Freeman somehow - and the oline starts to gel better when Brown gets back.  

No coincidence our 2 worst games were with Brown and Knox out.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol. I love how it’s just one or the other’s fault. No mention of the “MVP-level” QB who looked like he lost his marbles out there today. Gotta be the coach or the GM! Pathetic.

Be careful. You're talking bad about Josh here. That is not allowed. He didn't have a bad game. Everyone else did. Even on defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Is it MCD not having his team ready to play an inferior opponent 2 weeks in a row and making terrible in game decisions (calling TO instead of a challenging a catch and declining a penalty that led to a FG?). 

Or is it Bean, who knew or should have known we had OL issues after last year, yet did nothing in the draft or FA of substance, and then again dod nothing at the trade deadline.  Our D line is also nothing special.  

They both have been awful this year, IMO.  Groot was a great pick, Basham and Ford were terrible, like Franchise changing bad.  Put Humphrey and Metcalf on this team and it’s totally different. 

Whomever idea it is to activate 94 before Basham. 

4 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

In the off-season, Beane resigned Feliciano and D. Williams and drafted OL #3, #5 and #6.  Also signed some JAG free agents.  I don't think it's fair to say he didn't address the OL in the off-season.   Brown appears to be a great pick-up.  At worst a long-time starter, maybe a lot better than that.  Dawkins getting COVID didn't help.  He's been subpar.  Williams was great last year, not so much this year.

I'm guessing the real problem is that he expected Ford to take a starting guard spot and that has been a total disaster.  With Ford looking like a total bust, Dawkins and Williams having subpar years and Brown and Feliciano hurt, well there you have it.  The OL is a mess.  

I don't think it is as bleak as people think.  If Brown and Feliciano come back, the line will be serviceable this year.  If we have any money to play with, I'm sure we'll target OL.  If not, we'll use a high draft pick on a nasty interior OL, a Wyatt Teller-type.  We definitely need OL who can do more than pass block.

I could have sworn we had one of those guys.

If only I could remember his name...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.