Who is to blame: MCD or Bean?

RyanC883

Blame  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Blame

• MCD
    • Bean

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Agreed. So where’s the option for the offensive line up there?

Well I didn't make the poll, but I do think of the two for this particular loss more of the blame is on McD.  He should have benched Ford and put in Bates. Just do something, anything, because obviously your 250 million dollar QB is getting his booty smacked around left and right.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Is it MCD not having his team ready to play an inferior opponent 2 weeks in a row and making terrible in game decisions (calling TO instead of a challenging a catch and declining a penalty that led to a FG?). 

Or is it Bean, who knew or should have known we had OL issues after last year, yet did nothing in the draft or FA of substance, and then again dod nothing at the trade deadline.  Our D line is also nothing special.  

They both have been awful this year, IMO.  Groot was a great pick, Basham and Ford were terrible, like Franchise changing bad.  Put Humphrey and Metcalf on this team and it’s totally different. 

Ah yes let’s create a whole thread to shift the blame around. Sad.

The blame game typically does not fall on only one person's shoulders.  Beane put together an OL of UFAs and didn't develop anyone save a guy they traded and someone apparently struggling post-COVID.  He spent big on Morse, drafted Ford, and not been strong aside from Allen drafting offense in sum.    

McD seems to still be uber-DC and still largely abdicates, after 4+ seasons as a NFL HC, the offensive game to Daboll.  And there's another dude who's been underwhelming, as has been oft-repeated today.  

Put it all together and you've got an offense with Josh, some quality veteran skill types and coaching that either A) doesn't really understand offense or B) has offense as their side of the ball and can't manage a game.  

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Look at our draft picks under Brandon Beane.

That should tell you the correct answer to this thread.

Huh. Rousseau's hitting? Oliver's surging. I don't think his picks are the eyesore you want them to be. Taron Johnson? Epenesa can still turn out fine.

And I was just ignoring the obvious hits like Allen and Dawson Knox. I don't know, man. Can you really reference more Beane misses to counter all of these obvious wins? Ford sucks, I agree, but then it's a bunch of dudes doing pretty well. Maybe 7th round flyer Dane Jackson? How in the world has Beane drafted poorly?

Edited by Nelius

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Tough choice but McDermott had two head scratching decisions today. First he declined the holding call leading to the game winning FG. Then he stood there with the challenge flag in his hand and called a timeout. 

McD in the last two games should have pulled Daboll aside and Allen too,  and come up with a game plan that works around this OL weaknesses.  Every week we see the same Daboll lame play calling as the OL gets exposed over and over again, and its so obvious that this head coach does not know how to make changes within a game or at halftime and neither does his offensive coordinator.  McD is afraid to even toss the damn red flag because he apparently is to chicken sh** to make a mistake.  He did this last year too.  He is starting to show his weakness, his game planning is non existent.  What we saw today is exactly what we saw last week.  The only difference is Josh had a epic meltdown today and we lost because of this.

Definitely a combination of both if you’re going to blame someone our offense of line is no we’re good enough that means that whoever is coaching them is not good enough which means that the talent is not good enough that’s a combination of both

I’m telling you we are his fans are bitching about every little thing about this team today but if that offense of line just played halfway decent we destroy that team and no one is talking like this it starts there and ends there

• Agree 1

Wonder who Beane would’ve taken had the Panthers selected Cody Ford like he initially feared. To think we traded draft picks to move up that round! I also heard he was working the phones to move up for Boogie Basham, but couldn’t consummate a trade. Other GMs wanted that 2nd round pick but Beane was steadfast that Basham was their man and if he wasn’t there, they had a deal in place to move back. The only trade-up I’d score as an A would be Allen. If Knox manages to ascend into an elite TE, thats a another great one, but most often since draft picks are such a crapshoot it’s better to stand pat or trade down.
It’s a shame Cody Ford wasn’t off the board.

The blame goes everywhere. They stuck with the oline because of the reduced cap and no money to upgrade. It was a gamble by Beane that it would be sufficient for this season, and it hasn't paid off. That's on Beane. I'm not totally sure what he could have done about the oline given the restrictive cap, but the money to resigning Feliciano and Williams could have gone somewhere else, I suppose. They drafted guys, and Brown looks like a good player, but rookies can't always help right away.

McDermott's coaches are not getting the offense ready enough. The offense lacks an identity, lacks creativity, and sometimes play calling is lackluster, especially in the red zone. That's all coaching and scheme and falls at the feet of the offensive coaches, including Daboll, which ultimately comes back to McDermott.

And the players are not executing on offense. That's on them.

Plenty of blame to go around. Go fix what you can, scheme around what you can't fix, and go win more games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

No, I like the fact he spelled it Bean, because of the current OL situation, lol. Comedy.

Don't draft two DE's in the first two rounds is a start.

Also, stop relying on unconvincing "cheap" RB talent.

We obviously needed a pass rush after last season, and it's worked so far. Rousseau is a monster and the heir apparent to Hughes. I don't really know why we took Basham except maybe he was BPA on our board? Our other ends are getting old. 

My vote would be for Beane.

I think he values his draft picks far too much. It was clear that our run game and offensive line was not up to standards prior to the trade deadline and he was not aggressive enough in finding talent to fix that.

I favor the Rams model of trading draft picks for proven players, rather than taking 50/50 (or worse odds) in the draft.

I would much rather have a solid offensive linemen or two than a 1st or 2nd round pick in 6 months after another no-SB season.

• Agree 2

Beane's not prioritizing the OL the elephant in the room for the entire season, but I'm putting yesterday on McD. Team was not ready to play. Seemed like there were zero adjustments made during the game. Declining the Penalty and absolutely awful management of his Time Outs are on him.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.