RELAX (just one game)

PatsFanNH

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Appreciate the kind words, PatsFanNH.

It’s a mob here, though.  The pitch is hot, the pitchforks are in tune, and the hemp has a noose knot

do you disagree?  we have beaten no one, and the last 2 weeks have been awful

• Agree 1

I agree. To an extent. All game I was waiting  for the one TD drive. I believed it was coming. Obviously it didn’t. This may be what this team needs. They haven’t lost to a bad team yet. The beat themselves against the titans. The Steelers was an opening day lull. They have always managed to beat the bad teams even when they themselves played poorly. But not today. They probably thought like most of us did: ‘we only need one TD drive. We got this.’I think this lights a real fire under this team. 

4 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

One game yes but really its 1.5 games.  The first half of the Miami game was a cluster too.  Need to get the O line fixed fast.

Need to get the players mindset fixed more than the OLine. They think they are so good they can just do whatever, show up and win.

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Need to get the players mindset fixed more than the OLine. They think they are so good they can just do whatever, show up and win.

No mindset change will convert Cody Ford into an NFL caliber guard.  He is beyond awful.

Edited by Azucho98

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The team kind of reminds me of the 06-07 sabres team. Super talented but if you watched them all season something was just off. Turns out that team lacked the physicality and toughness needed for playoff hockey

This bills team is super talented but something has been off all year

Exact parallel I just talked about...that Sabre team would still clock other teams but more often than not it happened in spurts where they would score 3 or 4 goals in like 10 minutes but the rest of the game its like they didn't care and would be badly outplayed.  Their PP that year was also so atrocious that I remember people asking if we could decline the penalty because other teams were scoring more short handed goals than the Sabres were PP goals.

• Agree 1

Not sure the team was relaxed.  Definitely not hyped up like they were for the prime-time games.  But the Defense showed up again.  Great performance.  The play calling is not on the players.  The OL was crushed.  That is more lack of talent.  But mid game adjustments did them no favors. 

15 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

It hasn't been just one game though

We have been out played and out coached the last 3 games

Did you see what the titans did to supposedly one of the best nfc teams on their home turf without henry?.....we started slow against miami but won by over two tds at the end....yesterday was the only game we were outplayed and outcoached imo.....lets see how the team handles it going forward...i have faith we correct it and right the ship

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

To quote a QB I despise . “RELAX!! The Bills still have a top 5 QB, with a top 5 WR Core and an Elite D.  The Bills came out flat and got punched in the mouth, it doesn’t mean the year is over. Your still the top seed and still in the driving seat for everything from seeding to division title.. so again RELAX!!

We are in the fifth stage (anger) of grief response. Now is not the time to come with your fancy shmanzy postivity speech. 

17 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

To quote a QB I despise . “RELAX!! The Bills still have a top 5 QB, with a top 5 WR Core and an Elite D.  The Bills came out flat and got punched in the mouth, it doesn’t mean the year is over. Your still the top seed and still in the driving seat for everything from seeding to division title.. so again RELAX!!

Nice post man

I just hope Daboll takes a real hard look at his game planning and reduce the plays in accordance with poor Oline play. Like J mentioned in the shoutbox, bubble screens, dump offs to the RB. Double reverse, do things to keep the opposition guessing. Take what the D's giving you. Game management skills. Something Marsha is the very best at IMO.

We need our TE back...

2 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Did you see what the titans did to supposedly one of the best nfc teams on their home turf without henry?.....we started slow against miami but won by over two tds at the end....yesterday was the only game we were outplayed and outcoached imo.....lets see how the team handles it going forward...i have faith we correct it and right the ship

I still think the bills should beat the Titans and I will admit I am biased against the titans as I will always think they are a trash team with a trash head coach a trash qb, trash offensive linemen, and trash defense. Nothing will ever change my mind

The Miami game was won based on pure talent level

The jags game was very similar to the phins game. Except instead of hitting on the individual plays that would have won us the game like we did against Miami, we didn't against the jags 

I have no reason not to believe they will correct and fix the issues currently plaguing the team but it is becoming a trend and that should start to raise some flags 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Sweats said:

It's hard to get real excited about our season when we just got manhandled by a 1-6 team..........sorry

Are you really this weak minded?  Seriously?  I don’t really see you on the boards that much when winning, but here you are in every panic thread freaking out the sky is falling and the season is all but over.  

ITS THE NFL.  Teams get upset every week, we weren’t even the only major upset of the weekend, as there were four big upsets.

I swear this board is at its worst state yesterday and today than I’ve ever seen it.  It’s one game.  You are obsessed (as are others) on focusing on this one game and ignoring the rest of the season.  

Coming into this week:  Number 1 offense.  Number 1 defense.  We came out flat and got punched in the mouth.  Never seen Josh hit so much and so hard in a game.  It happens, stop trying to make it a snap shot of our ENTIRE season to satisfy one’s need of wallowing in misery.  

If this becomes a trend, fine you can panic.  But Geezus Christ, let’s see how they respond before we hit the nuclear panic buttons and stand at the edge of a cliff wavering on jumping.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Maybe a lot of players on offense just figure Allen will win them the game eventually.

My actual belief is I don't think this coaching staff is comfortable coaching a favorite and the game day decision-making shows that to me. Some of the game day roster decisions seem to be made according to the opponent (not playing epenesa against the titans) or the in game choices of kicking 20 yard fgs in the first quarter give the opponents little victories and give them confidence especially against a weaker team like the jags on the road. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.