We are at the point of the season where this regime needs to send a message to the lockerroom

FilthyBeast

6 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Our running backs are absolutely too slow to run anywhere but between the tackles. 
Bredia was brought in for that but never even dresses .

if you don’t get a thumper back there you’d better have speed it takes our guys forever to get to the line .

Thing is Singletary doesn’t have speed or power and Moss is basically singletary with a little more power, but not much. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tell me you never competed in sports outside of high school without telling me you never competed in serious sports outside of high school. 

Releasing a player mid year after a loss to prove a point is a terrible idea, especially with a pretty healthy locker room. 

This is something Gruden would do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Every season under Sean McDermott they have gone thru a few game stretch in the middle of the season where they play like they are just tired of "the process" and put on a series of inexplicably,  uncharasterically,  pathetic, listless and undisciplined performances.

It's been like the "dog days of summer" in baseball.    Every season.

After looking pathetic they've always bounced back and finished the season strong.    

Was really hoping they'd figure out how to avoid this sh*t this time around........especially with such an easy schedule........but nope........both the Dolphins and Jags games have been shite.

I would expect the light will come back on in a couple weeks.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every season under Sean McDermott they have gone thru a few game stretch in the middle of the season where they play like they are just tired of "the process" and put on a series of inexplicably,  uncharasterically pathetic, listless, undisciplined performances.

After looking pathetic they've always bounced back and finished the season strong.    

Was really hoping they'd figure out how to avoid this sh*t this time around........especially with such an easy schedule........but nope........both the Dolphins and Jags games have been shite.

I would expect the light will come back on and they will finish strong as they have in the other seasons.         

I hope you’re right

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD is the one to go.  There was a thread before the season started and it was something like who was going to hold us back or who shoudl be held responsbile iof they don't win the SB. My answer has been and always will be McD.  There are just way too many games his team plays down to the competition and one side of the ball or the other is historically awful.  It goes back to his defense giving up 298 yards rushing to the Saints and continues to today when the offense with a MVP candidate QB can't score 9 points.  

But there will be no accountability.  I'm telling you this guy is not the guy.  He is a good enough but not great enough coach to get it done. 

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen here. And the bar constantly resets…😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every season under Sean McDermott they have gone thru a few game stretch in the middle of the season where they play like they are just tired of "the process" and put on a series of inexplicably,  uncharasterically,  pathetic, listless and undisciplined performances.

What few-game stretch was that last year? Titans/Chiefs was early and weird, and we went 13-3.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Tell me you never competed in sports outside of high school without telling me you never competed in serious sports outside of high school. 

Releasing a player mid year after a loss to prove a point is a terrible idea, especially with a pretty healthy locker room. 

They literally did it with Spain last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 727Bills said:

Not gonna happen, that's not McD's style, either lambasting a player or using a player to prove a point..... Imo

MCD is part of the problem then.  He sucks as an in game coach with challenges and deciding when to accept or decline a penalty. 

I couldn't agree more.

The way McDermott handled that press conference was pathetic. No fire, no passion, just acting as if this was a reasonable result, clearly trying to downplay it. Very Jauron "It's hard to win in this league" ish.

And I'm not convinced the locker room gets anything different, honestly.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That says more about the Bills franchise than it does McD.  My first choice would probably be Lincoln Riley.  They need a young offensive minded HC.  Anyone can coach this vanilla McD/Frazier defense.  

I get it.  There is almost no way McD loses his job even if the Bills don't make the playoffs.  That said owners can be impatient and with Allen in place and the roster they have, it would be a prime landing spot.  

I stand corrected…😂

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Gruden does have a SB ring.  

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True... Just listened to Josh's post game interview. He's sounds like he's sick: https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-and-tremaine-edmunds-they-wanted-it-more

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What few-game stretch was that last year? Titans/Chiefs was early and weird, and we went 13-3.

Chiefs, Titans, Jets and Patriots.   Got out of it 2-2.   They should have lost the Patriots game but Justin Zimmer saved the bacon with that strip of Cam as the Pats were about to put the ball in the end zone and run Belichick's record against McD to 7-0.    

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Chiefs, Titans, Jets and Patriots.   Got out of it 2-2.   They should have lost the Patriots game but Justin Zimmer saved the bacon with that strip of Cam as the Pats were about to put the ball in the end zone and run Belichick's record against McD to 7-0.    

Yup

didnt break out of the funk until Seahawks

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Brilliant decision that was….

Sure was

made it to the AFCCG

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yup

didnt break out of the funk until Seahawks

Sure was

made it to the AFCCG

In 2019 they had that stretch that included the bad loss to the Browns and the inexplicable, horrible home performance against the Eagles.

In 2018 they got completely WAXED by NE, Indy and Chicago in a quick stretch that had people calling for Daboll's head.

In 2017........of course the worst 3 game defensive stretch in team history...........followed by the surprising road win in KC.

It's a thing with the McDermott regime........EVERY season they've had a stretch in mid-year where they play terrible and to date they've always bounced back.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed….. can see a tight one next week again though. Jets defense blows but they were embarrassed last week and I suspect they’ll play much better against a reeling Bills offensive line. 

Brilliant decision that was….

I hope they find a way to win either way but do tend to believe that the Jets probably aren't enough to wake them from their slumber and play a good all-around game.

McDermott has to know this is a thing by now.  

It strikes me that they might need an emotional moment to flip the switch...............like when McD apologized to the team for benching Tyrod back in 2017 and they came out firing the following week.    The narrow escape against NE seemed to provide the emotional spark to flip the switch last season.   

If I was McD the first person to joke around at practice this week would be made an example of.

They lost the right for that. Now it's time to get back to business. If they want to be able to get back to laughing and joking again they are going to have to earn it.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.