It’s Daboll, please fire him

Milanos Milano

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We were winning in spite of Daboll. Why do you think Allen wanted more control over play calling? I’m so tired of the designed play run calls and then get mad when Allen fumbles. 

Well if Josh made the right read on that play he wouldn't fumble. 

Look Daboll deserves some of the hate he is getting today. Don't think he did a good job, but it isn't all on him. The OLine is by far the biggest problem and in a tight ball game you cannot have the three turnovers we had. 

By all means criticise Daboll, he deserves some blame. But it isn't all on playcalling. If only it were that simple.

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He doesn’t even know the concept of a slant. If McDermott wants to prove he still has control of this team, he needs to look for a new OC tomorrow. 

This is a 💩💩💩 take even for this message board 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Look Daboll deserves some of the hate he is getting today. Don't think he did a good job, but it isn't all on him. The OLine is by far the biggest problem and in a tight ball game you cannot have the three turnovers we had. 

By all means criticise Daboll, he deserves some blame. But it isn't all on playcalling. If only it were that simple.

Gunner Bill I agree 100%.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This whole coaching staff is overrated but nobody is getting fired although I suggested we release a bum like Cody Ford immediately to send a message.

And I still don't understand why Frazier (and McD) insist on sitting in soft zone especially against a rookie QB and they should have been blitzing on pretty much every down. Be just a little aggressive and the defense probably wins the game today.

The Jags had 218 yards of total offense and scored 9 points and yet people are complaining about the defense and the way they are coached. 

You can’t make this stuff up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He doesn’t even know the concept of a slant. If McDermott wants to prove he still has control of this team, he needs to look for a new OC tomorrow. 

Imma bet that when the game film comes out we will see slant routes.

Josh Allen called it accurately.  Said something in a presser a few weeks back after a win to the effect of “ you win, you’re the best, you’re on top of the world.  You lose, you need to fire people and rebuild everything”

Sounds as though he called it.

• Agree 2

Just now, Eastport bills said:

How's it Daboll when Josh is overwhelmed every play because the running game is nonexistent. Ford, Williams and Boettiger were beaten on most of the pass plays in the 4th qtr.

Well, the running game being non-existent is at least in part due to Daboll. He’s no Greg Roman when it comes to scheming the run.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The o line is killing us. It’s a wreck.   I don’t like the fact that diggs is MIA this year and that wrinkles like the jet sweep and four wide have gone away. But it all starts up front. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My Jags supporting friend messaged me after the game and said "is that your starting oline? Because that is the worst oline performance I have seen by any team we have played." 

And not for nothing. The line sucks 

Particularly the guard play we have like absolutely zero if it could be possible a negative number interior line push these guards are just not NFL caliber 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

The o line is killing us. It’s a wreck.   I don’t like the fact that diggs is MIA this year and that wrinkles like the jet sweep and four wide have gone away. But it all starts up front. 

Yep. I think they need to find more ways to get Diggs the ball. They have to force it to him some because he will change the way teams defend. At the moment teams are willing to let the Bills have Beasley and the running backs. They are setting up not to let Stef beat them. If we can start getting it to Stef despite that it will change the plans. I don't mean forcing balls I mean forcing it in terms of game plan and especially script - first 15 etc. 

We are missing Knox as strange as that sounds given what people thought about him coming into the year.

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

At some point, McDermott has to start feeling the pressure for these inexcusable losses. How much more talent does he need to win it all? We have Allen, Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, and Davis. What do you need to do? Get another #1 receiver? Obviously we need better lineman, but there is no reason to be losing to teams like the Jags. 

We need a LT, 2 guards, a serviceable RB, a slot WR(Beasley is done.)

I don’t know how you miss on 2 RB’s. That’s pretty hard to do. They’re the slowest guys on the field. Bad scouting? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Well, the running game being non-existent is at least in part due to Daboll. He’s no Greg Roman when it comes to scheming the run.

Please Milt, Daboll can't overcome turnstiles. When the Bills were putting up big #s with some pass protection, Daboll was a genius. Sean deserves some of the blame for an undisciplined performance with so many unnecessary penalties. 

I won't blame Daboll for the run game being poor. We have poor run blocking and RBs with zero explosiveness. Singletary and Moss would each be okay #2 RBs, on a good offense they would be #3s. Watch James Conner go off against a good defense today and you realize just how bad Singletary and Moss are. No OC in the league could create a successful run offense with them with this o-line.

I will however blame Daboll for inexplicably trying to get the RBs involved, often at the worst times. Every time we hand the ball off in the red zone we waste a down. Typically we have exactly 2 chances to get into the end zone because Daboll insists on running the ball once to "keep defenses honest." I'm okay if we don't keep defenses honest. I will happily tell them before the play "this is going to be a pass into the endzone" on 3 straight plays and I still like our chances better than trying to run the ball.

On a similar note, all the dumb screen passes to anyone not named Stefon Diggs are a waste of a down. All the quick swing passes to Beasley are a waste of a down. Zone reads with Allen choosing to keep or hand off the ball are a waste of a down. This is the part where someone says "you still have to run those plays to keep defenses honest." See what I said above. I would rather focus heavily on our strengths at the expense of balance for the sake of balance. Let Singletary and Moss pass block. Let Beasley run normal crossing routes. Roll Allen out of the pocket where he can decide to throw or run the ball. Daboll is way overthinking it right now. And I recognize that today the o-line was more to blame than anything. But he needs to do a better job keeping the offense on schedule and scoring in the red zone, and that means less wasted downs on plays that we never execute well.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.