It’s Daboll, please fire him

Milanos Milano

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The problems in this game begin and end with the OL.  They couldn’t pass block or run block.  Try scheming your way around that.  

Um so you're saying Dabol has no plays in the playbook that are specifically designed to get the ball out quickly if you're getting tons of pressure? Or are you saying he was too stubborn to run these plays? Either one is not a good look for him.

If he has no plays, then he doesn't have a complete professional playbook.

If he has these plays and failed to call them because he was too stubborn then again that's on him.

I refuse to believe our OL is so bad (I know they are bad)  that they couldn't hold up on 3 step drop and ball is out passing plays.  These guys cannot and haven't shown they can block for 4/5 seconds and we still run plays like we think they can.

The problem is it seems he doesn't want to adjust and call plays that will help minimize the deficiency, just stay the course and hoping for a different outcome.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He doesn’t even know the concept of a slant. If McDermott wants to prove he still has control of this team, he needs to look for a new OC tomorrow. 

It’s 4D chess. They are trying to avoid having him poached by another team looking for a head coach. I think it’s working! 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

Um so you're saying Dabol has no plays in the playbook that are specifically designed to get the ball out quickly if you're getting tons of pressure? Or are you saying he was too stubborn to run these plays? Either one is not a good look for him.

If he has no plays, then he doesn't have a complete professional playbook.

If he has these plays and failed to call them because he was too stubborn then again that's on him.

I refuse to believe our OL is so bad (I know they are bad)  that they couldn't hold up on 3 step drop and ball is out passing plays.  These guys cannot and haven't shown they can block for 4/5 seconds and we still run plays like we think they can.

The problem is it seems he doesn't want to adjust and call plays that will help minimize the deficiency, just stay the course and hoping for a different outcome.....

I watched several guys get through our OL in one second. I watched Darryl Williams let a guy through and block no one.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I watched several guys get through our OL in one second. I watched Darryl Williams let a guy through and block no one.

Yes for sure there were some of those but that wasn't happening every play.  There were times they held up long enough but it was either a slow developing play or Allen not seeing something he liked.

And for the love of God stop the passes behind the LOS, terrible.  We cant block but we are expecting our guys to get out in front on a swing or wr/rb  screen and block.... Laughable 

3 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

The first down calls have been repetitive and therefore predictable and stopped easily.  The creativity and change ups seem to have vanished.  They know what they are doing, the question is why.  

We averaged 1 yard in first down against the Jags.  That’s all you need to know.  Daboll and the entire oline need to go. 

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

He sucks. I want him gone. Glad you made the thread because I have been thinking it all year long. 

We have Allen, Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, and Davis. That’s a top group and no and I mean absolutely no reason to lose to a team like the Jags. Other super bowl teams have won with much less. 

3 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Yes. In a game like today's, you have to at least try to establish a running game. 2nd drive of the 2nd have they started to, and it was working. I was hoping Daboll would get a HC last season. Dorsey > Daboll. 

Maybe the Bears will be dumb enough to hire him. 

Please......

6 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

The first down calls have been repetitive and therefore predictable and stopped easily.  The creativity and change ups seem to have vanished.  They know what they are doing, the question is why.  

He admitted to sandbagging as a playcaller leading up to the KC game. He's not calling our best plays against lesser opponents. What the eff is with the bull#### first down play calls! If we can't run well, why the eff are we suddenly insisting on running on first down? It's not like Daboll is effectively catching defenses off-balance with play-action or any other such scheming off his horrible first down playcalling. So what is it other than arrogance and a lack of fundamental synchronization between the run and pass games?

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

We come into today leading the league in points per game,

throw up an offensive stinker and some are calling for Daboll to be fired. RIDICULOUS LOL.  No doubt there’s a bunch they need to clean up, but let’s not jump from the ledge just yet.

I've disliked his play-calling the entire time. Obviously the Bills offense has been productive with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll. But is that because of Josh Allen, or because Daboll calls such a well-sequenced game? 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.