Breida in Week 10!

BillsDiehard

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya man.  I’ll be the first to say that Beane made some blunders this past offseason.  

I didn’t think brieda looked good in miami.  I loved him in SF though. He’s just a meh guy. A 3rd rb, who happens to be the only one on the roster with speed.  Just so happens that he plays on a team that only dresses RBs (and one ST rb).  Sucks for him and us. I’d like to see Breida and Williams get a shot, but they won’t do that to motor. He’s been improved, but still lacks that gear we need.  I was hoping that we would’ve drafted a rb at some point. Kenneth Gainwell and Khalil Herbert are looking pretty good. 

I don’t think Basham is a waste.  I think he’ll be a productive player for us.  Just not this season.  I would’ve preferred Creed Humphrey 💯 I would’ve preferred if we took Trey Smith in rd instead of Doyle or any of the 6th rounders we took.  Those two dudes would’ve made our OL better.  Instead, the picks were used on future potential.  I just don’t think it was the right offseason to take that route. 

👍🏻 

Well said, hopefully if Zack is not cleared we'll get a look at Breida. You're absolutely right, his best action came in San Francisco. 

I think it’s more accurate to say that he had speed at one point years ago, and we all really hope that he still does, right? I’m seeing a lot of people acting like they know exactly what Breida provides despite the fact that he’s barely been a running back for two+ years. The guy hasn’t seen an end zone since San Francisco.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure why everyone hates on this, he at least has blazing speed, which in my opinion is killing us, not necessarily in the run game but the passing game. No one respects moss or Singletary on passing cuz they are terribly slow. Let's see what brieda does with a few dump offs, that part of our offense can't get worse with brieda. And if he is terrible, who cares its 1 game, cut him move on.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, Einstein said:

SingleMoss have less than ideal field vision, but who is going to be successful with the line we have right now?

Hard to have vision when you look up and see 2 DLs in the backfield by the time you get the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Not sure why everyone hates on this, he at least has blazing speed, which in my opinion is killing us, not necessarily in the run game but the passing game. No one respects moss or Singletary on passing cuz they are terribly slow. Let's see what brieda does with a few dump offs, that part of our offense can't get worse with brieda. And if he is terrible, who cares its 1 game, cut him move on.

Considering how McD buried Yeldon last year, I wouldn't hold my breath seeing Breida play much this season. There's just as few holes in the D gap as there are on the A gap. I could easily see us having 3 new RB's next year to go with new olineman. 

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Considering how McD buried Yeldon last year, I wouldn't hold my breath seeing Breida play much this season. There's just as few holes in the D gap as there are on the A gap. I could easily see us having 3 new RB's next year to go with new olineman. 

This is somewhat of a sore spot for me. Yeldon fits the style O Daboll wants to run and exactly the kind of RB that could kick start the O right now. Higher draft pick then both Moss and Singletary. Good size, good hands. 

Pisses me off...

Edited by Figster
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lets be real.  If the line still cant block he isn't going to make a difference in the run game.  We had Breida in week 1.  He had 4 carries for 4 yards while Singletary had 11 for 72.  After the game people cried that McD sat Moss.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

On 11/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, John from Riverside said:

Yeah and we should have been playing TJ Yeldon last year

Buffalo is becoming a place where RBs go to die.

21 minutes ago, Figster said:

This is somewhat of a sore spot for me. Yeldon fits the style O Daboll wants to run and exactly the kind of RB that could kick start the O right now. Higher draft pick then both Moss and Singletary. Good size, good hands. 

Pisses me off...

He was wasted.

I don't trust this regime's eye for RB talent, although I think the Bears snaked Montgomery from us in the draft so they settled for Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

Im all for  any of these other backs getting a chance. I dont think either Singletary or Moss has really progressed anywhere near where we thought they should be by this point. And thats still taking into account the terrible O line. Another thing that both our current backs are missing is the pounding effect they should be inflicting on the defense. Its so weird that Moss and Singletary are over 200lb but they are often easily stopped by the D. Time and again they are actually bounced backwards and lose yards. The problem for the Bills is that Brieda is taller but lighter than Singletary and Moss. Antonio Williams is one back that is taller and heavier than anyone else. You would think he might be the solution to break tackles and pound the defense?

On 11/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, Scott7975 said:

Lets be real.  If the line still cant block he isn't going to make a difference in the run game.  We had Breida in week 1.  He had 4 carries for 4 yards while Singletary had 11 for 72.  After the game people cried that McD sat Moss.

I think one idea is that Breida might give us more of a home-run threat in the short passing game

On 11/10/2021 at 8:18 AM, Doc said:

Sorry, I should have clarified he can also run up the gut, but has the speed to take it to the outside.  🙄

I thought the knock on Breida was that he couldn't run up the gut

On 11/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, TuelTime said:

I don't see why Gilliam doesnt get more snaps.. Jones is kind of a wasted RB too.. Surely seeing what some others can do couldn't be worse than what we've seen from Singletary and Moss. I want to see Wade in action!

Jones kept us from the divisional round a couple years ago. Let’s see what he can do catching passes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.