Give Allen some credit for his play today

HappyDays

Not going to be a popular opinion but here goes.

Allen fought his *** off today. He had zero help from his run game, as per usual. This doesn't need to be said but the pass protection was horrific. Allen had the **** kicked out of him all day; I'm pretty sure at one point in the 2nd half his arm was bleeding. Poor early down play calling gave us zero margin for error. There were WR drops at the worst possible times. Offensive penalties put us behind the sticks a bunch of times. I mean nothing went right.

Despite all of that he hung in there and scratched and clawed to singlehandedly drag the offense down the field. Unfortunately he wasn't able to manufacture just one TD but he was put in an impossible situation.

I already know people will bring up the two bad interceptions. Yep both of those were bad throws. They were also both on 3rd down when the Bills were out of field goal range either way. The interceptions did not change the game.

I don't know another QB that could have even made it through the game without a serious injury, let alone won it. The offense has a lot of work to do but the last person I am worried about is #17.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

He played a good first half and morphed into Jake Plummer in the second half when he stopped trusting his teammates.

I have very little respect for his game today.  He refuses to play within the structure even when his poor decisions cost the team over and over again.

Right now this is who he is.  It might be who he always is - this may be his ceiling, a guy who loses patience and gets bored and desperate when things don’t break right.  If so, he’ll need a lot more help around him if they ever expect a Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He wasn't any better than anyone else today, yeah he had little help, but he had his worst game in years. Not protecting the ball, poor decisions on both interceptions, then he apparently didn't see a wide open Sanders at the sticks on 4th and 16 and threw across the field to end the game.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He played a good first half and morphed into Jake Plummer in the second half when he stopped trusting his teammates.

I have very little respect for his game today.  He refuses to play within the structure even when his poor decisions cost the team over and over again.

Right now this is who he is.  It might be who he always is - this may be his ceiling, a guy who loses patience and gets bored and desperate when things don’t break right.  If so, he’ll need a lot more help around him if they ever expect a Lombardi.

Thank you.

He made two bad decisions on RPO's, the one at the three where Moss got stuffed (Allen walks into the EZ if he keeps it), and the third down later in the game where the Jagoffs LB stayed home, but Josh pulled the ball out of Motor's hands, promptly ran into the LB and fumbled (Motor would have had the first down).  His decision on the last Bills play to go across his body to Diggs instead of upfield to Sanders for the first down sealed our fate.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I hear what you are saying but an MVP candidate needs to overcome that.  Yes the OL is terrible and the biggest issue on the team but Josh needs to play better.  He shouldn’t be absolved of any blame

I don't want to absolve him of any blame but I also can't point to a specific play he made that lost us the game. The interceptions didn't actually change the outcome. The one play I might point to is the zone read fumble. Singletary was the right read on that play. My thing is I already know Allen doesn't read those plays well and tends to keep it no matter what, so I put that more on Daboll for calling a stupid play that we don't typically execute well.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to absolve him of any blame but I also can't point to a specific play he made that lost us the game. The interceptions didn't actually change the outcome. The one play I might point to is the zone read fumble. Singletary was the right read on that play. My thing is I already know Allen doesn't read those plays well and tends to keep it no matter what, so I put that more on Daboll for calling a stupid play that we don't typically execute well.

HE LOST THE GAME WHEN HE COULDNT SCORE A TD ALL GAME. 

Only on TBD does sucking for 80% of a game get you “credit.”

Edited by FireChans
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

This thread is fly tape for the Allen haters, and right on cue two of the more notorious ones chime in immediately.

I know you aren’t good at digesting things like reality and objective evidence.  There are no “Allen haters” on this forum that I’m aware of.  Allen had a decent first half and a four-turnover second half where he stacked bad decisions.  He makes a quarter billion dollars and was completely flummoxed by the worst pass defense in the NFL.  He was trash today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I know you aren’t good at digesting things like reality and objective evidence.  There are no “Allen haters” on this forum that I’m aware of.  Allen had a decent first half and a four-turnover second half where he stacked bad decisions.  He makes a quarter billion dollars and was completely flummoxed by the worst pass defense in the NFL.  He was trash today.

I would go as so far as to say it may be a top 2 worst game of his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.