Losing enthusiasm for football

The Red King

I used to plan my whole weekend around college and NFL football. Now that my kids are getting older, most of their sports activities are on the weekend. I didn't get a chance to watch a second of the game and don't really care. Always hope the Bills do well, but in the grand scheme of things there are more important things in life.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

Why be a douche?

We are 5-3 with 9 games remaining in a pretty weak conference... this place is almost unbearable after a loss, and this is a pathetic LAMP post. Bills still win the east and host at least one playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

As I said, wasn't just this game.  Felt the same before this one started.  This isn't just a reaction to one game.  The lows feel just as low to me, the highs not as high.  I know what the '90s felt like.  I know what the drought felt like.

Today was not the start of feeling it.  It simply brought the question up in my head again.

Just now, Success said:

It has caused me stress my entire life.

But I still tune in every Sunday.

I think you have to be emotionally invested to get the enjoyment when they win and of course that comes with a risk of disappointment...

But Im not going to let it stress me out..  I got other things doing that...

• Like (+1) 1

To the OP:

This was a brutal game to watch today and super tough loss.

But this is the best era in Bills football RIGHT NOW since the Super Bowl days.

Hang in there!  Thing will get better.

Don't be worried if you don't feel the same as you used to as a kid.  I don't either.  That's called maturity.

• Thank you (+1) 1

To be clear, since tone is not clear on the internet, my OP, and my responses, are not said in anger.  This is not "!@#$ these !#$%@ pieces of !@#$%!!!  Why the !@#$ do I even watch?!?".  No, this is quiet reflection, and an honest question for something I've felt all season actually, just brought into focus again today.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

LOL alright bud. It's a football game, just relax a bit maybe?

No need to swear at people on a football message board.

I didn't swear. I merely censored the word funk. Like I said before - the bills are 5-3 with 9 games remaining and people are acting like we just got eliminated from playoff contention. I can't stand this reactionry BS, especially with this regime in place.

Just now, Conlan58 said:

I didn't swear. I merely censored the word funk. Like I said before - the bills are 5-3 with 9 games remaining and people are acting like we just got eliminated from playoff contention. I can't stand this reactionry BS, especially with this regime in place.

Not reactionary.  Reread my posts please.

Just now, The Red King said:

To be clear, since tone is not clear on the internet, my OP, and my responses, are not said in anger.  This is not "!@#$ these !#$%@ pieces of !@#$%!!!  Why the !@#$ do I even watch?!?".  No, this is quiet reflection, and an honest question for something I've felt all season actually, just brought into focus again today.

But you dont expect to win every game right?

Its disappointing .. sure... but are you really going to be still disappointed about this game come next Sunday?

Just now, Plano said:

Guys, it's sports entertainment.

Relax. It's still real to me dammit!

Most people watch the games because they believe they are real battle of the will games and the best talent wins. Nobody wants scripted games or bettor influenced outcomes. The first whistleblower or scandal that even hints that, and it’s OVER for me. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.