[Vague Title] Patriots

The 9 Isles

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I find these non-automated but they say they’re automated responses so interesting. What is the story with these?

its pretty exhausting watching the patriots have success simply doing the things that we cant seem to, which should be the easy part to adapt into game plans. 

run the ball effectively and be consistent on the high percentage short/mid passing game. throw in a good defence and that has been a recipe for their afc dominance forever.

we get a elite young qb and i guess we have decided to abandon the run game/ invest in ol that excel in that segment. we also are severely lacking any quick play passing schemes as we depend on wr screens to get the ball out quick. to many times josh is triple patting the ball then running for his life before finally finding the receiver with heroics. covered that long? josh not prcessing where he should go? oline not holding up for the time the play requires?

prob all 3 but just not seeing quick slants, outs, come backs, that other teams use to pick up easy 5 yrds. beasley and beasley alone is what we depend on for anything that resembles a quick pass attack.

its prob because NOONE has to consider runstopping so openings are not available that others get. our opponents dont have to maintain gap integrity or react to any play action for 80% of the game. thankfully our D is legit but buffalo cant seem to get the phases to work well at the same time.

pretty frustrating that we have a window and the lack of running was completely ignored. offseason? trade deadline? it was obvious last year that the bills need to address our running game as putting it on all on the qb every game is not sustainable regardless who the qb is. NE has the opposite approach and only needed a qb that could execute with decent accuracy to compliment..nothing amazing, and here they come again!

Edited by Buffarukus

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That would be on my head over my brain.......the team is not BAD.....they just are not as good as they think they are

but hey....if it pleases you to beat yourhead against a wall......by all means have at it

Obviously, I'm disappointed about the performance of the this team.  It's a tough loss and raises some questions about where this team is at.  Especially over the last few weeks.  We live close enough to the same town (I'm in Barrington quite a bit).  I'd love to buy you a beer and watch a game as Bills brothers.  We're both fans.  We can even have some wings.  Ranch or blue cheese?  For real.  I'll buy.

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

Obviously, I'm disappointed about the performance of the this team.  It's a tough loss and raises some questions about where this team is at.  Especially over the last few weeks.  We live close enough to the same town (I'm in Barrington quite a bit).  I'd love to buy you a beer and watch a game as Bills brothers.  We're both fans.  We can even have some wings.  Ranch or blue cheese?  For real.  I'll buy.

Hey....Im frustrated too :(   Another game next week

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Giving up on what exactly? 

OK let me slow this down for you

When you predict that a team we have not even played yet will not only win....but beat us twice AND win the division then one of two things are happening

Your trolling

Your giving up

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

They are heating up, QB that doesn’t  make many mistakes. D that looks like it’s on a roll. 

This was all too good to be true, Belichick may be winning the division…..again. 

A few weeks ago I was in the camp that would have laughed and said 'yeah right'.

But it's clear this is a very good Pats team that probably should be 7-2 at worse right now and they are starting to gel and play better football as the season goes on.

And if you think this forum is ugly now just wait until the MNF game when we are embarrased and blown out and lose the division lead for good (assuming it doesn't happen organically first which is possible).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

One game can shed light on an awful lot...

No it can’t.  If that was the case, you could pick any of our dominant wins and use that ONE game as the one that sheds light.  

This is a myth.  You just want to choose this game and make it the “light” because it fits your gloom and doom mindset right now.  

We would smash the Jags 9 straight if we played them 10 times.  We had an off game with 2 starters out on the OL.  It happens.  Cowboys got rolled by Denver today.  Denver isn’t good either.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Well they get to play the Jags next week again pretty much. Lets see what happens. Something tells me the Bills don't hang 54 pts on them lime the Pats did.

Guess the Pats are the best team in the NFL then considering no other teams put 55 up on the Jets either this year.

You are full of terrible hot takes today.

Bills have had numerous occasions in the last 20 years of being early season contenders and then proving to be late season pretenders. 

I for one am not surprised. As I said before as a very long term Bills fan I’ve learned that when things seem too good to be true they usually are, it’s in their DNA, like it or not. 

btw I would LOVE to eat my words. 

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Not what I said, but have fun pouting.

Its literally exactly what you said.  LMAO, you are the one pouting and all doom and gloom.  

You literally just put the expectation that we now need to put up a ton of points on the Jets just because the Patriots did.  And you said it in a way that suggests if we don't score a ton of points like the Pats, it somehow means the Pats are the better team over us.  

Geezus, this board is utterly absurd right now full of the worst hot takes I think I have ever seen here...and thats saying A LOT considering this is TSW and bad hot takes it what this board does best. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Or maybe this fan base is obsessed with making things more bleak than they are over one game.  

One game loss to a 1-6 team.....and only scoring 2 FG's against the worst team in the league.

Yep, sounds like we're all obsessed with the whole bleak thing, guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.