Offensive Line is Garbage

billsfan_34

5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

A couple of names we don't see enough of in regards to the failed OL Bobby Johnson, Brandon Beane. Just sayin...

Bobby Johnson seems to have taken a really Raw prospect in Brown and got him ready enough to secure the RT spot once an INJ forced him In. Because seems McD wasn’t going there anytime soon. 

I don’t get why they put Williams back outside. The Oline was seemingly playing better with him inside. I think they had a better shot leaving him there and playing someone else at RT. Everyone talks about us wanting versatility in our OL….play another guy at RT until Brown gets back. No need to create multiple bad areas while he’s out.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am going to go back and watch a little, but I suspect that a lot (most?) of the problem with the line is mental. Seemed like a lot of blown assignments. Yeah, there were some plays where they were cleanly

beat. But if we can fix up the mental errors, maybe there is hope.

Ya mean like teaching the RT to remember the snap count?😂😂😂😂

58 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He is somewhat slow eyed and I've noticed that often. When he scrambles out of the pocket he is able to pick up (see) open receivers he might have missed earlier in the progression. 

Agree. He really needs a good OL to give him that extra second or so. Daboll needs to adjust better and see that he doesn’t have that kind of time. OL has to be priority #1 this off season, especially the interior. I think Morse, Ford, Williams are all gone. It will be almost like KCs rebuild this past draft.

Edited by turftoe

1 minute ago, turftoe said:

Agree. He really needs a good OL to give him that extra second or so. Daboll needs to adjust better and see that he doesn’t have that kind of time. OL has to be priority #1 this off season, especially the interior. I think Morris, Ford, Williams are all gone. It will be almost like KCs rebuild this past draft.

Morse does not move anyone off the ball, and his pass pro has worsened. Maybe that is due to the fellas on the left and right of him, but ive always thought he was and is not very good. We way overpaid for him.

Cody Ford is laughing because he does not want to be here it is fact, he did not to be a Bill he thinks once he is out of dodge, he will be a pro bowler.   Someone should just get in his face and say yes or no Do you want to be a part of this team? If not go send him home and trade him don't give him the last laugh and cut him.   I support a receiver like OBJ because he has size and not a dwarf the Bills have these small receivers are killing us the refs are not going to call clutching and grabbing against us but if we do it look there is the flag.  Bobby Johnson must go now make a statement this is like Hockey where the team tunes out the coach, they have tuned him out.

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

The Bills re-signing their own players to the O-line seems to have backfired.

That’s one thing I don’t like about coach, if your players suck get rid of them. I really didn’t want to bring back Addison or huges 

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

A big problem is that the players they had have regressed. Williams, Feliciano and Dawkins are all worse than they were last season. If they can just get them playing at last season's level then that would be a start.

Dawkins f*cking himself up by waiting to get vaxed then getting gravely ill with covid has lead to him being significantly diminished.    He and the Bills are kinda' lucky he is even out there this season.   Williams is traditionally up and down from year to year and this year he is way down.    Feliciano decided to shed a bunch of weight to get more athletic for the outside zone and he's gotten worse.   Yeah their regression is definitely a problem.  

I will say one thing if the Bills do not put together a tape of the 19 times that RT was well in his pass drop before the ball was snapped and send it to the league and call their ass out I will be Pissed. 

so Yes Coach Challenge them to include the League officiating 

49 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Cody Ford is laughing because he does not want to be here it is fact, he did not to be a Bill he thinks once he is out of dodge, he will be a pro bowler.   Someone should just get in his face and say yes or no Do you want to be a part of this team? If not go send him home and trade him don't give him the last laugh and cut him.   I support a receiver like OBJ because he has size and not a dwarf the Bills have these small receivers are killing us the refs are not going to call clutching and grabbing against us but if we do it look there is the flag.  Bobby Johnson must go now make a statement this is like Hockey where the team tunes out the coach, they have tuned him out.

If you read this in the voice of Farmer Fran from the Waterboy it becomes quite hysterical.

3 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Cody Ford should be released before the Bills leave the Jags stadium. From WFT game through today, I can't say I've seen worse guard play in the 55 years I have been watching football. Why didn't Ryan Bates get the call? 

Singletary started the year looking like he had a bit of spring to his step, now ih looks like he's running in quicksand. No line, no running game...... Allen did not protect the ball.... Horrific loss....

I was thinking about just how bad Ford was today.   Does he make the list if you pick the worst Bills offensive line of all time?   It has to be close.    I am thinking that you would be looking at something like    Mike Williams-Bennie Anderson-Melvin Fowler-Cody Ford-Langston Walker with Jerry Crafts and Derrick Dockery rotating in.

Edited by dgrochester55

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.