Offensive Line is Garbage

billsfan_34

Daboll needs to be smart enough to put his offense in the best situation to succeed.  Got back up olineman at each guard.  Run the ball.  Put Allen under center and get to interior running plays.  The outside zone and inside zone will be harder without alot of reps along the line.  Power runs with guards pulling. 

This will also force the defense the drop down the saftey.  Making bigger windows in the passing game.  At the end of the day I place the loss on Daboll.  Asking Allen to pull rabbits out of his hat every week has caught up to the team.  There is no creativity with the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The OL is full of injuries and guys playing out of position. Excuses? No, a reality Daboll has to plan for. Jags were intelligent enough to blitz a lot, knowing without Knox all those empty back sets would leave someone unblocked. Usually blitzing against Josh is not good, but today was the time to do it... and for the Bills to adjust.

Yes OUR Josh Allen didn't play great but he was running back there all the time. I won't praise the OL but you got to help them with the gameplan!

I don’t think the OL is garbage. I think it’s “meh”. Allen/Dabs could help the line out quite a bit too. I don’t know what The deal is this year, but JA17 seems to be staring guys down from the snap. Even when it comes to screens. It’s not helpful. 

I get it, Josh is a different breed. He excels at plus that take some time to develop. He is also good on the run. But Jesus, sometimes you have to be able to get behind center and let the ball fly when you hit your back foot on your third step. I put that in Josh and Daboll. We don’t call it, and Josh never lets it go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

But 'Big Baller Beane' knows more than us and likes his team so that's all that matter peasants.

He thought Cody Ford was worth moving up to draft in the 2nd round.

He didn't think Wyatt Teller was good enough to be a backup.

He extended Dion Dawkins to a huge deal.

Resigned Feliciano.

Didn't make any trades last week because he thinks his mid/late round picks will actually be worth something like just about all the other average at best players he's drafted.

Do I need to keep going or should I shut up and bask in this glorified clowns greatness some more and be a thankful Bills mafioso??

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

But 'Big Baller Beane' knows more than us and likes his team so that's all that matter peasants.

He thought Cody Ford was worth moving up to draft in the 2nd round.

He didn't think Wyatt Teller was good enough to be a backup.

He extended Dion Dawkins to a huge deal.

Resigned Feliciano.

Didn't make any trades last week because he thinks his mid/late round picks will actually be worth something like just about all the other average at best players he's drafted.

Do I need to keep going or should I shut up and bask in this glorified clowns greatness some more and be a thankful Bills mafioso??

Yeah. Bring back Doug Whaley or Buddy Nix. Beane getting the Bills to the playoffs 3/4 years and the AFC championship game is sub par compared to previous GM’s.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Motor26 said:

Yeah. Bring back Doug Whaley or Buddy Nix. Beane getting the Bills to the playoffs 3/4 years and the AFC championship game is sub par compared to previous GM’s.

It's still not saying much and after 17 years the laws of parity simply played into our favor.

Yes I'm angry but it's hard to sit here and truly believe this team is a real contender given the totality of the season and how they've looked since putting all their eggs in the Chiefs basket when in hindsight it wasn't even a quality win.

The bottom line is that Beane made some serious miscalculations in the offseason and if this team is truly in a SB window it's going to be a wasted opportunity especially when he had the cap space and flexibility to make serious changes.

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

He was rattled today. He is kind of slow eyed as a QB and needs more time than most. He didn’t have that today.

He is somewhat slow eyed and I've noticed that often. When he scrambles out of the pocket he is able to pick up (see) open receivers he might have missed earlier in the progression. 

49 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You're right...albeit Williams started last year at RT and was moved inside due to Brown's emergence.  I think Bates is better out there than Ford at the very least, but I don't know if they've ever tried him at guard.

Pretty sure Bates has come in at guard several times.  I don’t know what’s up with Williams, but he seemed to be a better player at RT last season than he is this season; maybe he was “playing for a contract”.   Same is true of Dawkins.

They may be looking at Jamil Douglas at G this week.  He did start for Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

They were down three starters, and Cody Ford needs to never be anywhere near a football field in a Bills uniform again. 

This was discouraging though and they need to find a way to get it together.

Cody Ford should be released before the Bills leave the Jags stadium. From WFT game through today, I can't say I've seen worse guard play in the 55 years I have been watching football. Why didn't Ryan Bates get the call? 

Singletary started the year looking like he had a bit of spring to his step, now ih looks like he's running in quicksand. No line, no running game...... Allen did not protect the ball.... Horrific loss....

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.