Tua fractured finger and hurt. Won't play... Again...

Big Turk

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Tua ended up getting the win but he looked very shaky.  He nearly fumbled and allowed Baltimore to take control of the game.  He was also very lucky to take advantage of a breakdown that resulted in wide open Gaskin.  Tua is a dude that’s easy to like but he’s a game manager at QB at his best 

I thought he looked decent and made some big time throws.

But anything short of looking like Dan Marino the rest of the season I'm sure Miami has Houston on speed dial and will be revisiting the Watson trade.

19 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

stuck in qb hell this week with Burrow on bye. Pick up Tua. They tell me he won't start. Pick up Brissett, as he starts and someone is gonna score a few points on this Ravens pass d. Then Tua just randomly comes into the game. Like wtf, if he was healthy enough to start, why did you wait? 

Perhaps they wanted Brissett to take the L and look bad if they were gonna get the crap kicked out of them. 

Then when it was a close game, let Tua look good and get the credit.

Sucks to be Jacoby Brissett

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I thought he looked decent and made some big time throws.

But anything short of looking like Dan Marino the rest of the season I'm sure Miami has Houston on speed dial and will be revisiting the Watson trade.

What big time throw did Tua make?  I saw a 50/50 ball and a 52 yard pass to Gaskin on a busted play.  

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps they wanted Brissett to take the L and look bad if they were gonna get the crap kicked out of them. 

Then when it was a close game, let Tua look good and get the credit.

Sucks to be Jacoby Brissett

There’s no chance Miami goes to that great of a length to protect the psyche of Tua - who they have been actively trying to replace for almost a year.

Flores started Brissett because he thought he gave Miami the best to chance to win.  He really wasn’t playing well and was holding onto the ball for a long time.   The Miami defense was playing great and keeping Baltimore off the score board.  So after an injury to an already struggling QB, Flores made the switch to Tua because he thought he’d give them a better chance to win.  

Im surprised at some of the reactions to Tua here.  I didn’t think he played particularly well.  But he didn’t make mistakes which is good enough when the Miami defense is playing that well.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.