11/7/21 Gameday Bills @ Jaguars Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

52 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Even more amazing .. despite the narrative that Josh has to stop taking stupid sacks .. he has less yards lost to sacks 47 yds of any QB with more than three starts and in most cases it is not even close

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/player/passing/nfl/regular/qualifiers/?sortdir=descending&sortcol=yds

Forget stats. He absolutely has to stop taking boneheaded sacks. 

And i love Josh and think he is great and will win us a super bowl. Ftr. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Every QB takes some bone-headed sacks .. we are nearly 1/2 way through the season and the opponents have 47 sack yards against us even with all the pressure he receives … seriously impressive!

least sack yards given up doesn’t scream to you the dude is good at avoiding sacks?

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Every QB takes some bone-headed sacks .. we are nearly 1/2 way through the season and the opponents have 47 sack yards against us even with all the pressure he receives … seriously impressive!

least sack yards given up doesn’t scream to you the dude is good at avoiding sacks?

Im talking specific football situations where he has cost us potential points, namely field goals.

He is one of the best at avoidin sacks. To me they can be separated.

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

He’s gotten a lot better in that regard over his four years in the league.  I think it’s just when he DOES take one now, it’s like “ugh, not again”.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Doesn't the savior lead the league in least yards lost to sacks? And least number of sacks?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

7 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Im talking specific football situations where he has cost us potential points, namely field goals.

He is one of the best at avoidin sacks. To me they can be separated.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

He’s gotten a lot better in that regard over his four years in the league.  I think it’s just when he DOES take one now, it’s like “ugh, not again”.

I do tend to agree with Nineforty here, when he is sacked it's usually a bad one that often takes the team out of field goal range.  He just sometimes tries to do too much.

Do also agree with RiotAct that he's got much better at avoiding this but sometimes it creeps back in.  Will also agree have seen Mahomes do the same recently too.

23 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

So, for him to play to your expectations, how many of his extended, spectacular plays are you willing to forgo, so that Josh may “stop taking boneheaded sacks?”

• Thank you (+1) 2