11/7/21 Gameday Bills @ Jaguars Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Just like Yeldon last year, why is Breida taking up space on the active roster? Not even active for the easiest of games.

Because if  have an injury to Moss, Singletary or McKenzie he will need to be called to the game day active roster.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Wow didn't know they kept a separate stat for bone headed sacks.  So how many does Josh have career wise, where's does that rank on the bone headed list?

Don't think anyone has said he gets sacked too much overall, but when he does many are ones that end up with 15 yard loses and ones that he easily could have thrown it away, but didn't.  So overall sack stats don't tell the story here, unless as I asked they do keep a separate total for bone headed ones.

Wow .. if he has taken 15 yard boneheaded sacks, given his total sack yardage is 47 I think at most he has 3. There are also no stats for “Holy crap .. how did he avoid that sack” but we have all seen them

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't think anyone has said he gets sacked too much overall, but when he does many are ones that end up with 15 yard loses and ones that he easily could have thrown it away, but didn't.  So overall sack stats don't tell the story here, unless as I asked they do keep a separate total for bone headed ones.

So here's the problem with that "boneheaded sacks that end up with 15 yd losses where he could easily have thrown it away" thing

For every one of those, there's at least one play he amazingly extended and hit for a 20+ yd completion downfield and a first down, when he could have easily thrown it away"

You can't have the latter without some of the former.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Just like Yeldon last year, why is Breida taking up space on the active roster? Not even active for the easiest of games.

Darn good question. I am concerned about run game. We have made virtually no changes to make it happen and Dec is coming. Either give Breida chance or dump him for someone. 

We know who Devin and Moss are. Only hope wasvSoender B and he is out again. This is our biggest worry.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Having 11 dlineman makes little to no sense. 3 inactive every week. Really surprised they didn't trade one at the deadline, even if we didn't get much in return.

theyre all mediocre/average. aside from some splash plays from ed, hughes(?not really this year), mario and groot

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Keeping him around in case one of the "top two" gets hurt.  I placed in in quotes as many could argue hard to say they are the top ones.  Admittedly not often a team makes through all season without a RB getting hurt so they want someone who knows the offense.

I agree with you in that was hoping they'd keep all three active each week, but the question then becomes who do you want to sit instead.  The likely choice would be a D lineman, but already have 3 on the inactive list.  Adding in the Bills are more a passing offense, hard to really argue with only keeping two active.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Zim?  He was on the injury report, but practiced Full each day and had no game status.

I love me some Zim and hate to see him benched

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Zim?  He was on the injury report, but practiced Full each day and had no game status.

I love me some Zim and hate to see him benched

OK I assumed he was still hurt.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So here's the problem with that "boneheaded sacks that end up with 15 yd losses where he could easily have thrown it away" thing

For every one of those, there's at least one play he amazingly extended and hit for a 20+ yd completion downfield and a first down, when he could have easily thrown it away"

You can't have the latter without some of the former.

That is true too, so does make it tough.

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Wow .. if he has taken 15 yard boneheaded sacks, given his total sack yardage is 47 I think at most he has 3. There are also no stats for “Holy crap .. how did he avoid that sack” but we have all seen them

Wasn't necessarily talking about this season only, more career wise.  Houston playoff game comes to mind, took them out of field goal range at the end.  Admittedly that was two seasons ago and he's doing better of late.