Covid Protocols 2022

New omicron variants target lungs and escape antibodies

Preliminary research from the University of Tokyo has sparked a debate about whether the newest omicron variants are of great concern or not

Omicron variants are driving new infections across the world, proving to evade antibodies.

Why it matters: Preliminary research from the University of Tokyo suggests that the alpha and delta strains produced more severe illnesses compared to omicron, which creates cold or allergy-like symptoms, per The Independent.

But this research reveals something more important — the new omicron variants have evolved to target lung cells again, drawing similarities to its origin strains.

What they’re saying: The risk that strains BA.4 and BA.5 pose “to global health is potentially greater than that of original BA.2,” said Dr. Kei Sato, the study’s lead author, per The Guardian.

“It looks as though these things are switching back to the more dangerous form of infection, so going lower down in the lung,” said Dr. Stephen Griffin, a virologist at the University of Leeds, per the report.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2022/6/22/23177558/new-omicron-variants-target-lungs-escape-antibodies-symptoms

the sandlot GIF

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

New omicron variants target lungs and escape antibodies

Preliminary research from the University of Tokyo has sparked a debate about whether the newest omicron variants are of great concern or not

Omicron variants are driving new infections across the world, proving to evade antibodies.

Why it matters: Preliminary research from the University of Tokyo suggests that the alpha and delta strains produced more severe illnesses compared to omicron, which creates cold or allergy-like symptoms, per The Independent.

But this research reveals something more important — the new omicron variants have evolved to target lung cells again, drawing similarities to its origin strains.

What they’re saying: The risk that strains BA.4 and BA.5 pose “to global health is potentially greater than that of original BA.2,” said Dr. Kei Sato, the study’s lead author, per The Guardian.

“It looks as though these things are switching back to the more dangerous form of infection, so going lower down in the lung,” said Dr. Stephen Griffin, a virologist at the University of Leeds, per the report.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2022/6/22/23177558/new-omicron-variants-target-lungs-escape-antibodies-symptoms

the sandlot GIF

What I am mainly getting from it is that the vaccine, which might have had value in Spring of '21, is worthless in '22. I am not mad at myself for getting getting the initial J & J shot in August of '21 but I am very happy I did not believe the hype and get any booster. I can't wait to hear how many people are now anti vax by there own standards unless they get the shot every 6 months 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What I am mainly getting from it is that the vaccine, which might have had value in Spring of '21, is worthless in '22. I am not mad at myself for getting getting the initial J & J shot in August of '21 but I am very happy I did not believe the hype and get any booster. I can't wait to hear how many people are now anti vax by there own standards unless they get the shot every 6 months 

Yeah, got the initial 2 shots early in 2021 and then a booster at the end of March.  Ended up getting COVID (from my wife) 3 weeks later.  I wasn't going to get the booster but was forced to by work.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

i encouraged my parents to get the booster even though it clearly doesn't provide much if any protection from infection at this point.  They are older and my dad is on meds that already inhibit his natural immune response, so any help they can get is good.  For people in higher risk groups it still makes sense to get the booster, but for the vast majority of people it never did make sense to get the booster shots.  Now when they reformulate the vaccine so the immunogen actually stimulates neutralizing antibodies to cover the currently circulating strains it might make sense for more people to get it.

7 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

i encouraged my parents to get the booster even though it clearly doesn't provide much if any protection from infection at this point.  They are older and my dad is on meds that already inhibit his natural immune response, so any help they can get is good.  For people in higher risk groups it still makes sense to get the booster, but for the vast majority of people it never did make sense to get the booster shots.  Now when they reformulate the vaccine so the immunogen actually stimulates neutralizing antibodies to cover the currently circulating strains it might make sense for more people to get it.

I am in a similar situation, my dad is almost 80 and I have no idea how many boosters he has gotten. You need to do your own research and determine where in the risk spectrum you are but simply listening to the CDC at this point shows a trust in government that is idiotic 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As long as the deaths remain low it will be like the annual flu shot.  As long as the choice won't impact others nobody cares if you get it or not.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

As long as the deaths remain low it will be like the annual flu shot.  As long as the choice won't impact others nobody cares if you get it or not.

I am not sure where you have been the past 15 months but whether I got the shot was of great concern to many people who it did not Impact. If you think going forward it will be that different then I hope you are correct 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure where you have been the past 15 months but whether I got the shot was of great concern to many people who it did not Impact. If you think going forward it will be that different then I hope you are correct 

I'm pro vaccine and anti mandate. In today's clown world that makes me  anti-vaccine to many.

Someone who has spent years of his career in  vaccine adjuvant research and holds more than a few patents in the field is anti-vaccine. But sure trust "The Science"....or something. 

Edited by DRsGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I’ve slowly seen the talk about boosters, masks, and Covid in general go down.  I don’t see why that trend won’t continue as most people by now have both natural and vaccine induced immunity.

Omg they said "super contagious" lol lol

Pfizer says tweaked COVID-19 shots boost omicron protection

Pfizer announced Saturday that tweaking its COVID-19 vaccine to better target the omicron variant is safe and works — just days before regulators debate whether to offer Americans updated booster shots this fall.

The vaccines currently used in the U.S. still offer strong protection against severe COVID-19 disease and death -- especially if people have gotten a booster dose. But those vaccines target the original coronavirus strain and their effectiveness against any infection dropped markedly when the super-contagious omicron mutant emerged.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-science-health-government-and-politics-12bd2b46042fa91afad3201ebf5b834a

And Pfizer said so.

What a disgusting sham.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg they said "super contagious" lol lol

Pfizer says tweaked COVID-19 shots boost omicron protection

Pfizer announced Saturday that tweaking its COVID-19 vaccine to better target the omicron variant is safe and works — just days before regulators debate whether to offer Americans updated booster shots this fall.

The vaccines currently used in the U.S. still offer strong protection against severe COVID-19 disease and death -- especially if people have gotten a booster dose. But those vaccines target the original coronavirus strain and their effectiveness against any infection dropped markedly when the super-contagious omicron mutant emerged.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-science-health-government-and-politics-12bd2b46042fa91afad3201ebf5b834a

And Pfizer said so.

What a disgusting sham.  

Omicron and its relatives super contagious?  OK, sure.

And its also true that omicron is substantially less virulent than preceeding variants.

I wonder why this AP story mentions one and not the other? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Boston sports media in meltdown over Tanner Houck not getting the vaccine and being unable to play in the People's Republic of Canada. 

Yep.  Blame Houck.  Makes perfect sense.  

These people are insane 

Hilarious 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"With"  

And what happened to zero Covid Australia?

Thousands of Australians with COVID are dying, and it will get worse. Are we OK with that?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/thousands-of-australians-with-covid-are-dying-and-it-will-get-worse-are-we-ok-with-that-20220702-p5ayje.html

Unreal.  

Yeah, ***** them

JAMES BOVARD: Remember Biden’s ‘summer of freedom’ and victory over COVID? No wonder his credibility’s shot. 

“As the president’s credibility faded, Team Biden became more aggressive in suppressing criticism. On March 3, Biden’s surgeon general, Vivek Murthy, demanded that social-media companies report to the feds anyone who posted “misinformation” regarding COVID. The odious Disinformation Governance Board was tasked with targeting COVID misinformation, among other suppression targets. Biden’s own false statements on COVID are exempt from the hit list.

The CDC recently estimated that that almost 200 million Americans (60% of adults and 75% of children) have already been infected by COVID. The CDC continues to report more than 100,000 new daily cases, and the White House forecasts up to 100 million new COVID cases in the coming fall and winter.

What was the point of the last 18 months of Pandemic Security Theater?”

Control. The point was control.

The Afghanistan debacle was if anything even more damaging to his credibility, and remains so even though it’s no longer mentioned much.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/03/remember-bidens-summer-of-freedom-and-victory-over-covid/