Covid Protocols 2022

I'm assuming this has been brought up but I'm way behind here.  I've been busy enjoying life.  Anyway why is everyone so excited and pushing for these at home testing kits? It's only a result for that particular point in time.  So are we headed to daily testing of every American?  Wake up, brush your teeth, swab your nose??  WTF is the point of this?  

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok we have officially lost it. I had a guy come to our house to look at redoing our closets and said he required masks for the “safety of all”.  I was required to wear a mask in MY house?? 

I’m not sure if I’d go with “if we can save one life…” or “if we don’t all mask at home, the COVID wins” here.  

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm assuming this has been brought up but I'm way behind here.  I've been busy enjoying life.  Anyway why is everyone so excited and pushing for these at home testing kits? It's only a result for that particular point in time.  So are we headed to daily testing of every American?  Wake up, brush your teeth, swab your nose??  WTF is the point of this?  

Exactly! Testing asymptomatic people is totally pointless, since you can contract the virus ten minutes after taking the test. Does everyone check to see if the refrigerator light goes off after you close the door? 

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You hope not?  So Covid freaks you out but influenza doesn’t?  

I have not stopped wearing a mask. I live in CA and I’m required.  Not because I’m a model citizen I just don’t want to deal with confrontation. But as soon as the mandate ends (2/15 I hope) it will come off 24/7.  

No the flu does not FREAK me out...

Hope works out for you. I will decide when I stop, even if not required. That is my freedom to decide.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly! Testing asymptomatic people is totally pointless, since you can contract the virus ten minutes after taking the test. Does everyone check to see if the refrigerator light goes off after you close the door? 

Testing Asymptomatic makes sense if you trying to stop transmission in a location. Example, long term care facility, certain hospital situations, new borns or critical staff in industry. Daily or regular testing is designed to allow people to work in close proximity without contamination. Example in a nuclear facility or military, or air traffic control. 

Makes no sense in surfing😆

24 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Testing Asymptomatic makes sense if you trying to stop transmission in a location. Example, long term care facility, certain hospital situations, new borns or critical staff in industry. Daily or regular testing is designed to allow people to work in close proximity without contamination. Example in a nuclear facility or military, or air traffic control. 

Oh brother! . The examples you cite are NOT why we have testing lines stretching around blocks. New born babies and nuclear power pant workers are NOT standing in those lines. And…I love how you say it ‘allows’ people to go to work? Who exactly is ‘allowing’ it? Sheeesh 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother! . The examples you cite are NOT why we have testing lines stretching around blocks. New born babies and nuclear power pant workers are NOT standing in those lines. And…I love how you say it ‘allows’ people to go to work? Who exactly is ‘allowing’ it? Sheeesh 

And you never mentioned lines around the block, just that testing was pointless. 

When you have a contained environment, ie air traffic control, nuclear power engineers, where proximity is necessary then daily testing helps wipping out an entire shift. So allowing it is not laws or government rules, but survival to keep the power on in your SoCal residence.  

33 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

And you never mentioned lines around the block, just that testing was pointless. 

When you have a contained environment, ie air traffic control, nuclear power engineers, where proximity is necessary then daily testing helps wipping out an entire shift. So allowing it is not laws or government rules, but survival to keep the power on in your SoCal residence.  

Okie Dokie 

Next time I drive by a testing line I’ll be on the lookout for those nuclear power plant workers and babies. 😂😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

British Commentator Breaks Down Describing ‘Damage’ Of Masks In Schools: ‘They’ve Ruined Our Lives

Speaking on GBNews’ “Dewbs & Co.” Wednesday evening, commentator and independent journalist Sophie Corcoran, who was a student during the pandemic, spoke about the lifting of restrictions in schools, specifically mask mandates, and described the hardships imposed on students by the restrictions.

“Honestly, this comes as a brilliant bit of happiness for me,” Corcoran said. “I don’t actually think I can stop smiling while I’m talking. It’s about time.” Corcoran told the panel she was most excited about the rescinding of the face mask requirement in schools. She argued against the imposition and efficacy of masks in schools, pointing out that the types of masks they were instructed to wear, which were not surgical “medical-grade face masks,” “would make no difference to transmission.”

Corcoran went on to explain the problems of face masks within the classroom. “There were teachers that were sitting there that would, you know, be yelling at the poor Year Sevens about their face masks more than they would be teaching them. Those shy kids that would sit at the back of the class, that would never speak, it was a massive barrier to them, to impact their learning. They were already terrified, didn’t want to speak out, and now they’ve got another barrier to engage in their learning.”

“You’re in schools to learn,” she said. “And the damage that they have done to my generation has been unbelievable … the damage they’ve done to the rest of our lives, to our education.”

Asked to elaborate on what she meant, Corcoran recounted how in August of last year, she “literally watched [her] future crumble right in front of my eyes” because COVID forced her final exams twice. It was at this point that she began to break down.

“They literally ruined our lives,” she said, holding back tears. “And nobody spoke about it at all. And the commentators, they had [teachers’] union reps come on and say ‘this is what the schools should have put in place,’ and they didn’t care about what this did to us [students].”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/british-commentator-breaks-down-describing-damage-of-masks-in-schools-theyve-ruined-our-lives

12 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

No the flu does not FREAK me out...

Hope works out for you. I will decide when I stop, even if not required. That is my freedom to decide.

Why does the flu not freak you out?   If Covid does the flu should too.  I remember my mother a few years ago pre-Covid telling me flu season scared her. She was a nurse.  You do realize the hospitals are overwhelmed by the flu almost every year right?  You do realize several hundred thousand people die every year from the flu right?  Come on man.  Don’t you care about your fellow man?  🙄

12 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

You've been brainwashed.  So Homer Simpson shows up at his job "woohoo donuts!!  Oh and my test just now came back negative!!"   So the only way this prevents Mr Burns from contracting it from Homer is if he (and every other employee) either a) never leaves the facility or b) never comes in contact with Covid at any time after that.  Dude......seriously?? 

Are hamsters at higher risk of COVID-19 and should they be routinely tested in Singapore?

The Animal & Veterinary Service says it is monitoring the situation in Hong Kong closely after the city ordered a hamster cull over COVID-19 fears.

SINGAPORE: After Hong Kong's decision to cull hamsters over fears that they could spread COVID-19, Singapore's Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS) told CNA that it is monitoring the development "closely", but that it is not necessary at the moment to conduct routine testing of pets for the coronavirus.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/hamster-cull-covid-19-risk-hong-kong-abandon-fears-singapore-avs-2447261

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You've been brainwashed.  So Homer Simpson shows up at his job "woohoo donuts!!  Oh and my test just now came back negative!!"   So the only way this prevents Mr Burns from contracting it from Homer is if he (and every other employee) either a) never leaves the facility or b) never comes in contact with Covid at any time after that.  Dude......seriously?? 

Did you just fall off a stump. I said a room like air traffic controllers, engineers at nuclear station etc, where interaction and safety are necessary to protect each other and the public. A closed environment.  A donut shop has many people in it if it makes good donuts. Daily rapid testing makes no sense. It is not designed to protect you, it is designed to protect others from you...duh so says Homer. Or maybe Homer never heard of rapid testing. Very common in concerned areas of the world.

Kramer would go back on strike over this.

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why does the flu not freak you out?   If Covid does the flu should too.  I remember my mother a few years ago pre-Covid telling me flu season scared her. She was a nurse.  You do realize the hospitals are overwhelmed by the flu almost every year right?  You do realize several hundred thousand people die every year from the flu right?  Come on man.  Don’t you care about your fellow man?  🙄

Momma was wrong and the flu is not nearly as severe or transmissable.

Oh by the way, people often take flu Vax annually. Without all the anti backlash crapola. You do realize that there are 850,000 dead in your country...right.

Stay safe Chef. 

33 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Did you just fall off a stump. I said a room like air traffic controllers, engineers at nuclear station etc, where interaction and safety are necessary to protect each other and the public. A closed environment.  A donut shop has many people in it if it makes good donuts. Daily rapid testing makes no sense. It is not designed to protect you, it is designed to protect others from you...duh so says Homer. Or maybe Homer never heard of rapid testing. Very common in concerned areas of the world.

Kramer would go back on strike over this.

What is the world are you talking about??  Did you just throw a bunch of words in the air and they landed on a piece of paper and you typed how they landed?  You're talking about testing these people every day to protect them and the public but you say daily rapid testing makes no sense???  You want to protect others from me?  Hmmmm "leper colonies" making a comeback?  

41 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Momma was wrong and the flu is not nearly as severe or transmissable.

Oh by the way, people often take flu Vax annually. Without all the anti backlash crapola. You do realize that there are 850,000 dead in your country...right.

Stay safe Chef. 

Do elderly people die in large numbers every year due to influenza?  My mother's fears were well founded.  You do realize it's number 9 in the top ten killers in the US?

People get and die from influenza every year without hysterical people such as yourself mandating masks.  And because people die every year from influenza and a majority of them are elderly as I've mentioned before if you don't wear a mask around elderly people and children every flu season you're either hysterical now or a hypocrite then.  You know.....protecting others from YOU! 

Stay safe??  So should I stay off the freeway?  Stay away from fatty foods?  Watch my sugar intake?  It's a dangerous world out there Bill........BOO!!! 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

What is ‘stealth Omicron’? The rise of the subvariant is alarming some scientists who say it needs its own Greek letter

The Omicron subvariant BA.2, nicknamed the ‘stealth Omicron,’ appears to be outpacing other substrains of Omicron in some regions of the world, raising fears that the even more transmissible version of Omicron could spark larger COVID-19 waves globally.

https://fortune.com/2022/01/21/what-is-stealth-omicron-new-covid-variant-substrain-denmark/

Cracking Up Lol GIF

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What is the world are you talking about??  Did you just throw a bunch of words in the air and they landed on a piece of paper and you typed how they landed?  You're talking about testing these people every day to protect them and the public but you say daily rapid testing makes no sense???  You want to protect others from me?  Hmmmm "leper colonies" making a comeback?  

Do elderly people die in large numbers every year due to influenza?  My mother's fears were well founded.  You do realize it's number 9 in the top ten killers in the US?

People get and die from influenza every year without hysterical people such as yourself mandating masks.  And because people die every year from influenza and a majority of them are elderly as I've mentioned before if you don't wear a mask around elderly people and children every flu season you're either hysterical now or a hypocrite then.  You know.....protecting others from YOU! 

Stay safe??  So should I stay off the freeway?  Stay away from fatty foods?  Watch my sugar intake?  It's a dangerous world out there Bill........BOO!!! 

Ok, so you all is tough mf. I only want you around long enough to see Bills win Superbowl this year. 

So I will amend, stay safe until Feb 20, 22, That gives you all time to celebrate.