Draft Prospects

Milanos Milano

27 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gunner, I thought the same all season. Penning/Brown bookends would be awesome, but I’ll save that thought until after the combine. If Breece Hall runs a 4.4 or less , he’s my choice. I’ll draft a Nick Ford or Dohnovan West later to replace Morse and keep Dawkins outside. Josh and the Bills need a dynamic RB who can do it in the run and pass game. Hall is the closest thing to Jonathan Taylor in this draft with better receiving ability. The Bills need this playmaker 

Don’t take a RB in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

He’s going too 12 at worst. Supposed to be a lock all pro center for the next decade 

He may be rated the 10-12th best prospect. But Center is a devalued position in the draft. 

No Center has been drafted higher than 18 in the last 10 years... And 5 times in the last 10 drafts no Center has been taken in the 1st round... 

He very well could go before we pick... But he might slide bc of the devaluation of the position. 

• Like (+1) 1

If he’s there. Give me Jordan Davis round 1.

If not I think they’ll draft an IOL or WR. 

could also see them trading back if there’s no one they’re thrilled about when they pick. 

their current roster will only get more expensive and this is a deep class as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He may be rated the 10-12th best prospect. But Center is a devalued position in the draft. 

No Center has been drafted higher than 18 in the last 10 years... And 5 times in the last 10 drafts no Center has been taken in the 1st round... 

He very well could go before we pick... But he might slide bc of the devaluation of the position. 

he’s kinda like Quentin Nelson who was the highest taken guard ever. You pick this guy and don’t worry about that position for a decade. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he’s kinda like Quentin Nelson who was the highest taken guard ever. You pick this guy and don’t worry about that position for a decade. 

He's not a mauler like Nelson. He's on the medium / small side for Centers. For him to go top 10 he's going to need a killer combine, imo. If he's not 90th + percentile, I could see him falling to mid-late 1st round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Davis looks massive. I started to watch the game. Didn't he come out for the coin toss? I think it was him and I said, Holy crap. He just made everyone else look small. 😱

He was DEMOLISHING Michigan's pocket on nearly every play, even when doubled.

Some of my favorite guys for 2022… 

Trevor Penning OT, Northern Iowa

Ahmad Gardner CB, Cincinnati 

Trent McDuffie CB, Washington

Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota 

Kyler Gordon CB, Washington

Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati 

Velus Jones Jr. WR, Tennessee 

Clint Ratkovich H-Back, NIU

11 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

He was DEMOLISHING Michigan's pocket on nearly every play, even when doubled.

I watched some of his highlights. He is a monster! Can't believe how fast he is being that big. Question though, will he be available for us to draft and would we do it in Rnd 1?

22 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He's not a mauler like Nelson. He's on the medium / small side for Centers. For him to go top 10 he's going to need a killer combine, imo. If he's not 90th + percentile, I could see him falling to mid-late 1st round.

I haven't seen a lot of him but my initial thoughts are similar on top 10. He is a more finesse center which means to an extent he is a bit of a scheme fit. Nelson could have plugged and played in any offense in the league. I think he'd be absolutely sensational for a team like the Rams. But put him on the Titans and I think you'd be left wanting more. 

Is top 10 possible? Yep. But it isn't a lock. Once the draft order is settled will be easier to get a sense of where his floor and ceiling picks are. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don’t take a RB in the first round. 

It's amazing how many myopic people think that you have to take a RB in Round 1 to get a 'dynamic' player. It's so blatantly false and a not a great use of a top asset. The OL-needy Steelers foolishly eschewed that need and took Najee Harris instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Some of my favorite guys for 2022… 

Trevor Penning OT, Northern Iowa

Ahmad Gardner CB, Cincinnati 

Trent McDuffie CB, Washington

Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota 

Kyler Gordon CB, Washington

Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati 

Velus Jones Jr. WR, Tennessee 

Clint Ratkovich H-Back, NIU

I started my research with CB'S. I like McDuffie as well. Looked into Faalele and Penning a little as well because their names keep coming up. I'll have to check out the rest. Thank You!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

If he’s there. Give me Jordan Davis round 1.

If not I think they’ll draft an IOL or WR. 

could also see them trading back if there’s no one they’re thrilled about when they pick. 

their current roster will only get more expensive and this is a deep class as well.

I agree with this. That kid is a monster. I'd even try and slide up to get him.

I think they go after IOL in FA. Some really solid players should be here...providing they fall don't resign with their current teams.

23 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I started my research with CB'S. I like McDuffie as well. Looked into Faalele and Penning a little as well because their names keep coming up. I'll have to check out the rest. Thank You!

I honestly really hope we draft Faalele. He moves so well for how big he is. Him at RG next to Brown would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Found a picture from the kickoff I mentioned up thread. Can you imagine facing this?? #17 is 6' 225...😱

FH-hjMuWQAA2rNN.jpeg.thumb.jpg.3c6e4623fa0a720bbb86d781bf9cf6cd.jpg

That isn’t a man, that’s a mountain.  

41 minutes ago, wjag said:

That isn’t a man, that’s a mountain.  

Yeah. I saw his nickname is Godzilla!!

46 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly really hope we draft Faalele. He moves so well for how big he is. Him at RG next to Brown would be amazing. 

Isn't he a little BIG for a Guard?

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I watched some of his highlights. He is a monster! Can't believe how fast he is being that big. Question though, will he be available for us to draft and would we do it in Rnd 1?

Likely not.

Here's my consolation:  John Ridgeway from Arkansas.  Probably available in round 3 or 4, former wrestler, about 325.  He played solid in the Outback Bowl vs PSU.  Lunch pail guy.  Can't quite crunch the pocket like Davis, but really hard to move, even when doubled, and you can't run right at him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.