Draft Prospects

Milanos Milano

Outside of O line, I still think we are a speed receiver away from being dominant. I’d like to see us get a 4.3 speed guy. I wouldn’t mind seeing us draft Zay Flowers to help develop Allen’s deep ball chemistry. This would free up Diggs more during games. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Eyeroll 3

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Outside of O line, I still think we are a speed receiver away from being dominant. I’d like to see us get a 4.3 speed guy. I wouldn’t mind seeing us draft Zay Flowers to help develop Allen’s deep ball chemistry. This would free up Diggs more during games. 

AccomplishedAnotherIrrawaddydolphin-max-

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Last draft we took a couple OT prospects and I think we focus on the interior o-line next draft. Bates and Boettger are free agents after the season and Morse will likely be a cap casualty. We need more dynamic athletes at guard in order to facilitate a running game.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Agree 3

51 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I doubt we're taking a WR in the first round.

McDermott says WR is the teams "fastball".

With Sanders likely retiring and Beasley getting up there in age and having his personal issues with the league and McBeane's wishes about vaxing this season........I would expect them to invest in a dynamic WR fairly early in the draft or in UFA.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, really.

November just started and people want to talk Draft?

Beane and the scouting department are hard at work on prospect evaluation so I don't see any reason that it's too early to discuss.  

I know there are people out there who are just biting their nails and wishing it was SB Sunday already but the journey is the reward and discussing the future of the roster is at least as interesting as what they will do against the Jags or Jets.........re-building teams they are favored over by huge amounts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beane and the scouting department are hard at work on prospect evaluation so I don't see any reason that it's too early to discuss.  

I know there are people out there who are just biting their nails and wishing it was SB Sunday already but the journey is the reward and discussing the future of the roster is at least as interesting as what they will do against the Jags or Jets.........re-building teams they are favored over by huge amounts.

I love the Draft, so I get it.

Just saying we should probably wait a little while. Maybe when we get to the bowl games.

The Bills D is loaded with first round draft picks.  The O has one (Allen) and a lot of other guys who are determined to show the rest of the league they are better than they thought.  

It is time for the O to start getting top-notch talent.  Drafting WRs high is almost as big a crap shoot as drafting QBs.  Lots of WRs with athleticism, height, hands, etc still don't pan out for one reason or another.  Generally Beane has been able to fill out the WR room with really good players without investing first round picks on the position.  I think his focus will be on guard and center picks.  Once again the Bills will have a very high draft number so the eye candy picks won't be options.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I love the Draft, so I get it.

Just saying we should probably wait a little while. Maybe when we get to the bowl games.

In my experience,  these next few weeks are always the best time to catch prospects in games.     They are rounding into top form.    

And nowadays.........whether they even participate in their teams bowl games is highly unpredictable at this point.    I'd expect a record amount of top prospect opt-outs.    No reason to sit for 3 weeks and delay your draft prep for a month or more.   The bowl games are almost like the first "spring game" for a lot of programs now.   

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.