Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

24 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I tried to create a poll but apparently @Chandler#81 wasn't feeling it. :)  

I voted the Saints. Most likely not a fit culturally, and he will probably be looking for a Super Bowl contender, but I thought the LSU tie might be strong enough to make this work.  

Poll is actually working despite the lock...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

I guess you forgot the AFC championship game where ALL of our WR’s were dinged up 

I think that game was far more about what Tony Romo called the Chiefs "sticky" defense. With all their holding, grabbing and even with their offensive line.

The Refs wouldn't let them get away with all that stuff in the SB against the Bucs. We all saw that result.

The reality might just be that now that the Chiefs need to play by the same rules as all other teams they just might not be that good.

I actually think Buffalo 🦬 is the perfect place for him. I’m not saying Buffalo 🦬 wants him. He comes off as a really big duchy Diva right now. He has a bad shoulder. He just threw his QB under the bus 🚌. He is not a good route runner. 
If I’m his agent we need to go to a place to kick the Diva stigma, catch some balls and play in January in big games. I’d be calling Beane saying we’d come for the minimum. Beasley is already banged up and Manny is 34. He can help down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Chiefs are going to get him,  they need a boost right now to flip their season

They have $3M in cap space and have restructured everyone including the water boys salary.  They are going to have trouble fitting him in under the cap…but it’s possible I guess.  

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Going to the Chiefs.  BOOK IT,  he fits perfect into the type of players Andy Reid likes.  Not afraid to sign guys that are not perfect people but have great talent. That is why he has a Super Bowl and has been there many times.  Everyone counting the Chiefs out,  they get Beckham and that oftence will get back on track

NIAGARA DUDE said it first,  BECKHAM signs with Chiefs or my second choice would be Ram which I would prefer he go West

Doesn’t matter, their QB blows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I actually think Buffalo 🦬 is the perfect place for him. I’m not saying Buffalo 🦬 wants him. He comes off as a really big duchy Diva right now. He has a bad shoulder. He just threw his QB under the bus 🚌. He is not a good route runner. 
If I’m his agent we need to go to a place to kick the Diva stigma, catch some balls and play in January in big games. I’d be calling Beane saying we’d come for the minimum. Beasley is already banged up and Manny is 34. He can help down the stretch. 

Beasely was the star (huge 3rd down conversions on 3 second half scoring drives) of the Miami game and Sanders has the second most receiving yards and an insane 17.2 YPC and is unlikely to die of old age "down the stretch"....

OBJ is used up.  

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chris Simms thinks the Bills should get him, and I don't disagree. The offense needs something else. The receivers aren't as great as everyone seems to think.

You’re right...we only score 32 points a game...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

A player with 4 or less years is placed on the Waiver Wire and the Waiver order has to be followed. Players with more than 4 years are released and able to sign with anyone. 

This is correct before the trade deadline.  After the trade deadline, all players who are released are subject to waivers.

I didn't know this, read it in the other Beckham thread and looked it up - it's true.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If they acquire him by waiver claim, they also acquire his massive contract. Don't think anyone is going to claim him on those terms.

He'll become a free agent.

The Browns are said to be restructuring his contract, so who knows what it will be when he's released?

47 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If they acquire him by waiver claim, they also acquire his massive contract. Don't think anyone is going to claim him on those terms.

He'll become a free agent.

It’s also been floated by some that OBJ could make it clear around the league through his agent/representatives that he does not intend to report if claimed off waivers, basically forcing himself into free agency. He’d likely make far less doing that, even after the restructuring the Browns are doing to his contract last minute. But he will gain some freedom in choosing where to go, which he probably values more at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chris Simms thinks the Bills should get him, and I don't disagree. The offense needs something else. The receivers aren't as great as everyone seems to think.

I think the "something else" the team needs is 1) better OL play 2) an upgrade at RB 3) Josh Allen to set his mind on "take what the defense gives you" at the start of the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.