Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Any team that loses their top 4 players at any positional unit would suffer.  No team in the NFL has enough starter depth to lose 4 players.

That's just a very unlucky anomaly last year with the injuries.  

And no team runs more 3-4 WR's then the Bills. 

It probably comes down to a couple factors if they're even talking about OBJ. Are they comfortable with Davis and do they believe Knox is truly a weapon.

I'm interested to see if they're even interested.

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

So Cleveland denied all trades just to release him? 

Stay classy Cleveland. 

I don't think anyone would trade for his contract.

If the Bills didn't trade up for Sammy, and drafted ODB, things in Buffalo and ODB would be quite different, butterfly effect.  If our GM wasn't trigger happy.  Sammy was their highest rated player in 2 years they said doh.  When they traded up, I thought for certain it was Mack, and loved it.  The Bills even F-ed up bringing the hometown kid home.  The Bills scouted ODB, liked him, if we didn't trade up, IMO ODB would of been a Bill.

Everything worked out great though.  By ***** up that draft and others, it led us to McDermott and Beane, and culture change

I would at least make a phone call if I’m Beane. If he WANTS to play in buffalo I can’t see him hurting the team. Keep a few things in mind, this roster can basically police itself. The “culture” and “process” is established. That excuse for new players is long gone especially when discussing short rental players. The key guys in the locker room I have to think hold everyone including themselves accountable. 
Also remember the money side. Beckham more than likely is playing a half season rental aiming for a new large contract in the offseason. Good chance he’s gonna be on his best behavior or he might never see another decent contract. I don’t think it’s a must have kind of move, nor do I think he needs to be rushed into the offense but in 4-5 weeks it might be a genius move to have him. 

46 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Going to the Chiefs.  BOOK IT,  he fits perfect into the type of players Andy Reid likes.  Not afraid to sign guys that are not perfect people but have great talent. That is why he has a Super Bowl and has been there many times.  Everyone counting the Chiefs out,  they get Beckham and that oftence will get back on track

NIAGARA DUDE said it first,  BECKHAM signs with Chiefs or my second choice would be Ram which I would prefer he go West

Don't count on it. People said the same thing when they picked up Lev Bell. Shady McCoy. Kelvin Benjamin was just "misused" and about to ignite KC...remember that? Josh Gordon this year.

Andy Reid...this is what he does. He picks up players that are about done and tries to squeeze something out of them and it rarely works out well. None of those players mentioned above were key components to win the Chiefs SB. When Beckham is released everyone will see that the dude is living off name recognition right now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gotta be the least interesting WR1 in the league at this point.  Completely forgotten man.  That must be eating away at him.

He'll be a Raider by noon.

Maybe they could create a reality show featuring a twitter war between ODB's father and Zay Jones' father...

• Haha (+1) 1

If Odell Beckham came here, he would do so knowing that some games he may eat, and others, he may have 0-2 catches.  

If he’s cool with that, bring him on board.  

I have zero worries about him in our locker room or his meshing with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would at least make a phone call if I’m Beane. If he WANTS to play in buffalo I can’t see him hurting the team. Keep a few things in mind, this roster can basically police itself. The “culture” and “process” is established. That excuse for new players is long gone especially when discussing short rental players. The key guys in the locker room I have to think hold everyone including themselves accountable. 
Also remember the money side. Beckham more than likely is playing a half season rental aiming for a new large contract in the offseason. Good chance he’s gonna be on his best behavior or he might never see another decent contract. I don’t think it’s a must have kind of move, nor do I think he needs to be rushed into the offense but in 4-5 weeks it might be a genius move to have him. 

This pretty much echoes my view on the matter. As much as OBJ’s a malcontent right now many former teammates have stated he’s one of the hardest workers in the locker room. Beane will place a call to his agent and do a heat check. We should also keep in mind that Sanders’ contract is up at the end of the season, so being able to choose between him and OBJ next year might be appealing to Beane…. Plus…. There is comp pick potential with big name WRs if they can ball out a bit down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

WR isn’t the answer for the offensive problems.  

While I agree...it certainly wouldn't hurt to have another guy that requires doubles.   Knox may go completely uncovered in a 4WR set with sanders Diggs Beckham and Beasley. Ha

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hey! The man has to sleep Sometime!

ya know, I’m beginning to think he’s an AI/MediaMachine/Bot. Think about it. Our screen names typically fit into 3 categories; Bills players, monikers/nicknames, real names. “You Only Live Once in Ohio”?? Everyone knows there’s no life in Ohio. 🤷‍♂️😳

Indeed; some would say living there “once” is enough! ;)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Emmanuel Sanders had zero catches in a game for the first time in his career Sunday. He laughed about it. It was Beasley's day. They all know they will get their share with JA17 behind center. We don't need a whiner on the team ruining the locker room.

What some Bills fans here simply don't get is... that if ODB had a game like Sanders with no catches...he would most likely do the opposite of Sanders did and do his head down, shoulders slumped whining thing. 

The very last thing this team needs is a whiner when he isn't getting the ball or his father posting vids about how wide open he is. 

Beas stated that he knows the team is full of receiver talent and doesn't mind if the throws don't come his way in a game. Because he knows there will be other days when he is busy like this past Sunday. 

In their last game Mayfield took a hit, got up and fist pumped to show he was alright. The crowd cheered. Meanwhile...

"But as cheers greet a fist-pumping Mayfield, Beckham walks right past him with his head down and shoulders slumped.

There is no high five or congratulatory word as the two players pass each other.

The claim that Beckham disassociated himself from the rest of the team in the locker room becomes credible."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chris Simms thinks the Bills should get him, and I don't disagree. The offense needs something else. The receivers aren't as great as everyone seems to think.

These receivers are damn good. Top five group, certainly.

Having said that, if they think he'll fit the locker room, and he's willing to come in for cheap enough that we think we can afford him, sure, bring in Beckham. I doubt those two conditions turn up aces, but if they want to do it, they've certainly earned my trust, as the great majority of their moves have turned out really well.

8 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What some Bills fans here simply don't get is... that if ODB had a game like Sanders with no catches...he would most likely do the opposite of Sanders did and do his head down, shoulders slumped whining thing. 

The very last thing this team needs is a whiner when he isn't getting the ball or his father posting vids about how wide open he is. 

Beas stated that he knows the team is full of receiver talent and doesn't mind if the throws don't come his way in a game. Because he knows there will be other days when he is busy like this past Sunday. 

In their last game Mayfield took a hit, got up and fist pumped to show he was alright. The crowd cheered. Meanwhile...

"But as cheers greet a fist-pumping Mayfield, Beckham walks right past him with his head down and shoulders slumped.

There is no high five or congratulatory word as the two players pass each other.

The claim that Beckham disassociated himself from the rest of the team in the locker room becomes credible."

If that’s what Odell is about, he’s not coming here.  

Why would he come here thinking he’s about to be a focal point of the offense?  

Not even Diggs is the focal point of our offense. 

IF he ends up here, he knows what’s up…. and Josh Allen has respect from players in our locker room and league-wide that Baker does not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.