Roll Call -Who’s going to the game?

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m hearing 35% -but it’s just an educated guess..

3 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I'm down in Orlando area the weekend of the Tampa game and checked in on tickets...wow.  Nosebleeds starting from $250.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

They're averaging 88.7% capacity for the season.

I couldn't find anything official, but best guess I could find for the playoff game there was about 20,000 Bills fans.  That would have been about 33% of the stadium.

Since ticket prices for this game will be significantly less, I wouldn't be shocked if your 35% guess was pretty accurate.

I’ve been to three Bills games in Jax. I swear the Bills fans were WELL over 50%. When we look at estimates for a playoff game, remember they couldn’t even pretend to be a playoff team for Halloween right now. There may be some Urban Meyer/Trevor Lawrence enthusiasm, but I suspect that is wearing off. PLUS, things are starting to get cool up north and even I like the idea of a long weekend in Florida right now!

The son and DIL looked into the Buc’s game but tix were insanely expensive. Cheap seats were at least $250 and good seats were $900+. They will be in FL already (going a couple weeks before Christmas to be with her family in Sarasota) but they just bought their first house. WAY out of their price range. On a whim, the DIL calls a friend who works for a major corporation….and they land 2 seats on the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench 20 rows up! It’s a Christmas Miracle!!! 

Enjoy everybody! I’m going to miss this one but would have loved meeting up! Represent and bring home a big smile after a big win!   🤞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

They're averaging 88.7% capacity for the season.

I couldn't find anything official, but best guess I could find for the playoff game there was about 20,000 Bills fans.  That would have been about 33% of the stadium.

Since ticket prices for this game will be significantly less, I wouldn't be shocked if your 35% guess was pretty accurate.

i heard it was closer to 88.8% gugs!  (Sarcasm).  Chandman, I didn’t know you were a Jax guy.  I’ve been to a bunch of those games.  Unfortunately I have a meeting in Naples early Monday morning, or would’ve been there.  It’s only 4 hrs from Tampa.

Have a ball brother with the gang.  I remember for the Jags playoff game lot x or z was awesome.  I felt like I was in Hammers lot.  Went with a buddy who was a Jax fan so had to protect him in the lot.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

They removed the tarps for the playoff game and it was a near sellout. Even with the tarps back in place, I think it’s actually about the same for this game (35%) as it’s not a good matchup nor worthy of the long trek from WNY. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, is at or near a sellout already and ticket prices are outrageous!

I swear Chand, the entire upper deck was a sea of red, white and royal blue in 2017.  It was awesome.  That’s sad considering that was a home playoff game for them.

BTW, I agree Jax is a great city to move from up north. Jax and Tampa are my two favorite cities in FL.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve been to three Bills games in Jax. I swear the Bills fans were WELL over 50%. When we look at estimates for a playoff game, remember they couldn’t even pretend to be a playoff team for Halloween right now. There may be some Urban Meyer/Trevor Lawrence enthusiasm, but I suspect that is wearing off. PLUS, things are starting to get cool up north and even I like the idea of a long weekend in Florida right now!

The son and DIL looked into the Buc’s game but tix were insanely expensive. Cheap seats were at least $250 and good seats were $900+. They will be in FL already (going a couple weeks before Christmas to be with her family in Sarasota) but they just bought their first house. WAY out of their price range. On a whim, the DIL calls a friend who works for a major corporation….and they land 2 seats on the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench 20 rows up! It’s a Christmas Miracle!!! 

Enjoy everybody! I’m going to miss this one but would have loved meeting up! Represent and bring home a big smile after a big win!   🤞

Damn Augie, I need to get me some better contacts!  Good for them, that’s going to be a hell of a game.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Why do the tarp stand ins that refer to themselves as Jaguars fans scream the name of the county that the stadium resides in?  We don't yell about Erie county.

Maybe we should. That would be a great rebuttal. Jags fans annoyed the crap out of me last time I was there. (Playoff game)

14 hours ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

We're coming down from NC for the game.     We have not bought parking yet----which are the lots best for visitors?     

E. Bay Street heading to the stadium from the south, along the riverside. I don't recall the price but it’s the cheap lots and a bit of a hike to the stadium. It’s where MANY Bills fans were at the playoff game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

K Gun, Augsburg can you get you into the White House Press dinner if you give him enough time.

EF Hutton listens to him.

Nobody listens to ME. I don’t know people, but we know people who know people. My wife was working with the kids on networking as soon as they were potty trained. She met resistance, but she persevered and it has paid off. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

i heard it was closer to 88.8% gugs!  (Sarcasm).  Chandman, I didn’t know you were a Jax guy.  I’ve been to a bunch of those games.  Unfortunately I have a meeting in Naples early Monday morning, or would’ve been there.  It’s only 4 hrs from Tampa.

Have a ball brother with the gang.  I remember for the Jags playoff game lot x or z was awesome.  I felt like I was in Hammers lot.  Went with a buddy who was a Jax fan so had to protect him in the lot.

Lot X was definitely a surreal experience that day. I wasn’t really even that mad we lost, I was just happy the weight of the drought was lifted. If you would have told me at that moment we’d be where we are right now, I’d have probably suggested a psychiatric evaluation 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Gordio said:

I was down in Orlando for the week and me, my son & his two friends decided to go to the Florida Georgia game in Jacksonville last Saturday.  Awesome experience, game sucked but the atmosphere and tailgating were off the hook.  Bills game on steroids.  Couple observations for those out of towners who are going.

- The stadium is way nicer then I remember it.  I was there in 2001 and I thought the stadium kind of sucked.  But they have two huge Jumbo, one in each endzone, great site lines & the concourses are pretty wide.  I mean it is not one of your nicer stadiums in the league but it is way nicer than the ralph imo.

- This one is important, I didnt have a pre parking pass which seemed like you needed to park close to the stadium so being out of town and not familiar with the area I found myself parking about a 20 minute walk from the stadium.  Off of a street called Phillip Randolph Blvd.  yeah big mistake.  Never been so scared walking back to my car.  It was a scene and not in a good way.  We got in our car and got the hell out of there but not the nicest neighborhood.  I would highly suggest not parking anywhere close to there and trying to find some other way to drive home.  We jumped on the 95 South from there and believe me I never been so happy to be on a thruway.  I personally have never seen an area as bad as this and I went to Canisius and have been down the east side of buffalo many of times.  I will leave it at that.

Anyways safe travels to whover goes to the game, have fun!

The Georgia/Florida game is known as The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party. I've never been, but I hear it is outrageous. Odd because a typical Jags game tailgate scene is pretty weak. From what  I've seen, at least. 

I've been to a couple Bills games there and the tailgating as actually OK---because Bills fans were tailgating! 

I took the ferry from The Landing one time, but the Landing is no longer, so dunno if there is way to go via water, right to the game. The other time I parked in a dicey neighborhood, but I didn't feel in any sort of danger. It was like 5pm in the afternoon, after all.  Maybe at night it is a different story.

Still trying to get stuff done so I can go. Is there a designated tailgate/bar for pregame?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jax is my adopted town, been basically here for a quarter century. We chose it (north Florida) because it isn’t as hot & humid as the rest of the State, still being in the continent vs an island. Huge city (area-wise) purported to be the nations’ largest. Great, modern infrastructure allows good flow of traffic considering 1.2 million population. 

Anyway, seeing my Bills play live Sunday with 7 friends/family from WNY. Lower right endzone (far side) as the TV cameras show. My Son -who has garnered nefarious acclaim for leaping off a Port-O-John through a table when we played the Jags in the playoffs, will be in full regalia with me. Best place for Bills fans to meet up in town is Wing It! in Mandrin. It’s Jacksonville’s Bills Bar. This is the Bills 2nd of 3 Florida games this season, with Tampa still to play. We’ll park along the St. John’s River -as most visitors do. PM me if you want to hook up then.

P.S. Make sure @Hapless Bills Fan, @Simon or  @BuffaloBill flip the Gameday Threads on!😉

Who's Coming?

Wing It was founded by some cousins of mine. I don't even know if I've ever met them. My sister has. But  by the time I got here, they had sold it (no more beef on weck after that, I heard). I went  once. A bit of a drive for me on game day. I drink ya know.

The atmosphere was really good for the most part. Lots of crazy screaming Bills fans. But I was a bit disappointed they only served beer and wine. That was probably actually good for me, since I can only drink a beer or two and the wine wasn't appealing. And I like to sit at the bar, and maybe  the Bills game was on one TV at the bar, and not in front of me. So i had to wrench my neck around or turn in my seat. Not complaining too much. Just saying, if you are going solo and really don't like sitting at a table, when there is a bar available and/or need a bigger booze selection than beer, keep it in mind.  But coming with a group from out of town, absolutely.  

I'm taking about the one on Old St Augustine Rd. The original I think. And  this was several years ago, things may have changed.

Edited by The Dean
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not being an alarmist. Just letting you know:

I'm getting texts from friends saying the local TV channels seem to be predicting a major Noreaster (or some such storm) for this weekend. Flooding, winds and such. The beaches are probably the most in danger. But I'm in no mood to be concerned about this weekend's weather. Maybe as bad as Hurricane Matthew, says one of these texts. We'll see.

I'll take a look tomorrow.

For those whose plans it might impact, something you may want to take a look at.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

The Georgia/Florida game is known as The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party. I've never been, but I hear it is outrageous. Odd because a typical Jags game tailgate scene is pretty weak. From what  I've seen, at least. 

I've been to a couple Bills games there and the tailgating as actually OK---because Bills fans were tailgating! 

I took the ferry from The Landing one time, but the Landing is no longer, so dunno if there is way to go via water, right to the game. The other time I parked in a dicey neighborhood, but I didn't feel in any sort of danger. It was like 5pm in the afternoon, after all.  Maybe at night it is a different story.

Still trying to get stuff done so I can go. Is there a designated tailgate/bar for pregame?

No clue about the tailgating.  I was there in 01 and the tailgating was weak too.  In fact we were the stars of our parking section since we brought two kegs and were doing keg stands.  People were acting like they never seen that before but good times.   This time the tailgating was unreal I think because it was the georgia/florida game.  The smokers were huge, people doing shots all over the place setting up full scale bars in the middle of parking lots.  I even seen a whole gator roasted over a fire like you would do with a pig.  It was wild.  Beautiful girls everywhere too.  I told my son who is a senior this year in hs you are nuts not looking at schools down in the south.  Anyways fun time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.