Roll Call -Who’s going to the game?

Chandler#81

Jax is my adopted town, been basically here for a quarter century. We chose it (north Florida) because it isn’t as hot & humid as the rest of the State, still being in the continent vs an island. Huge city (area-wise) purported to be the nations’ largest. Great, modern infrastructure allows good flow of traffic considering 1.2 million population. 

Anyway, seeing my Bills play live Sunday with 7 friends/family from WNY. Lower right endzone (far side) as the TV cameras show. My Son -who has garnered nefarious acclaim for leaping off a Port-O-John through a table when we played the Jags in the playoffs, will be in full regalia with me. Best place for Bills fans to meet up in town is Wing It! in Mandrin. It’s Jacksonville’s Bills Bar. This is the Bills 2nd of 3 Florida games this season, with Tampa still to play. We’ll park along the St. John’s River -as most visitors do. PM me if you want to hook up then.

P.S. Make sure @Hapless Bills Fan, @Simon or  @BuffaloBill flip the Gameday Threads on!😉

Who's Coming?

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why do the tarp stand ins that refer to themselves as Jaguars fans scream the name of the county that the stadium resides in?  We don't yell about Erie county.

It is a little bit of a unique situation there in that every square mileof the city of Jax equals every square mile of Duval county.  Believe it's the only city in America where the city engulfs the entire county.  Think it also makes it the largest city in America in square miles because of this if I recall.

I almost was going to go the game.  Does that count?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m hearing 35% -but it’s just an educated guess..

I’m guessing more.  Seemed like 25-30% Bills fans for the Wild Card game a few years ago, but obviously the Jags are in, um, a slightly different spot than they were back in 2017z

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m hearing 35% -but it’s just an educated guess..

They're averaging 88.7% capacity for the season.

I couldn't find anything official, but best guess I could find for the playoff game there was about 20,000 Bills fans.  That would have been about 33% of the stadium.

Since ticket prices for this game will be significantly less, I wouldn't be shocked if your 35% guess was pretty accurate.

Just now, RiotAct said:

I’m guessing more.  Seemed like 25-30% Bills fans for the Wild Card game a few years ago, but obviously the Jags are in, um, a slightly different spot than they were back in 2017z

They removed the tarps for the playoff game and it was a near sellout. Even with the tarps back in place, I think it’s actually about the same for this game (35%) as it’s not a good matchup nor worthy of the long trek from WNY. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, is at or near a sellout already and ticket prices are outrageous!

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

They removed the tarps for the playoff game and it was a near sellout. Even with the tarps back in place, I think it’s actually about the same for this game (35%) as it’s not a good matchup nor worthy of the long trek from WNY. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, is at or near a sellout already and ticket prices are outrageous!

I'm down in Orlando area the weekend of the Tampa game and checked in on tickets...wow.  Nosebleeds starting from $250.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jax is my adopted town, been basically here for a quarter century. We chose it (north Florida) because it isn’t as hot & humid as the rest of the State, still being in the continent vs an island. Huge city (area-wise) purported to be the nations’ largest. Great, modern infrastructure allows good flow of traffic considering 1.2 million population. 

Anyway, seeing my Bills play live Sunday with 7 friends/family from WNY. Lower right endzone (far side) as the TV cameras show. My Son -who has garnered nefarious acclaim for leaping off a Port-O-John through a table when we played the Jags in the playoffs, will be in full regalia with me. Best place for Bills fans to meet up in town is Wing It! in Mandrin. It’s Jacksonville’s Bills Bar. This is the Bills 2nd of 3 Florida games this season, with Tampa still to play. We’ll park along the St. John’s River -as most visitors do. PM me if you want to hook up then.

P.S. Make sure @Hapless Bills Fan, @Simon or  @BuffaloBill flip the Gameday Threads on!😉

Who's Coming?

Unfortunately not me.

Safe travels.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It is a little bit of a unique situation there in that every square mileof the city of Jax equals every square mile of Duval county.  Believe it's the only city in America where the city engulfs the entire county.  Think it also makes it the largest city in America in square miles because of this if I recall.

Yes, Duvall County and Jacksonville were consolidated. There are other "communities" but all are now part of Jacksonville/Duvall

Haven't yet decided if I'm going. I'm swamped with work and haven't been felling great, so falling behind. I'll be a game time decision,

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes, Duvall County and Jacksonville were consolidated. There are other "communities" but all are now part of Jacksonville/Duvall

Haven't yet decided if I'm going. I'm swamped with work and haven't been felling great, so falling behind. I'll be a game time decision.

Oh, and I think Jacksonville is the largest (by area) city in the Continental US Alaska has bigger ones.

• Like (+1) 1

I was down in Orlando for the week and me, my son & his two friends decided to go to the Florida Georgia game in Jacksonville last Saturday.  Awesome experience, game sucked but the atmosphere and tailgating were off the hook.  Bills game on steroids.  Couple observations for those out of towners who are going.

- The stadium is way nicer then I remember it.  I was there in 2001 and I thought the stadium kind of sucked.  But they have two huge Jumbo, one in each endzone, great site lines & the concourses are pretty wide.  I mean it is not one of your nicer stadiums in the league but it is way nicer than the ralph imo.

- This one is important, I didnt have a pre parking pass which seemed like you needed to park close to the stadium so being out of town and not familiar with the area I found myself parking about a 20 minute walk from the stadium.  Off of a street called Phillip Randolph Blvd.  yeah big mistake.  Never been so scared walking back to my car.  It was a scene and not in a good way.  We got in our car and got the hell out of there but not the nicest neighborhood.  I would highly suggest not parking anywhere close to there and trying to find some other way to drive home.  We jumped on the 95 South from there and believe me I never been so happy to be on a thruway.  I personally have never seen an area as bad as this and I went to Canisius and have been down the east side of buffalo many of times.  I will leave it at that.

Anyways safe travels to whover goes to the game, have fun!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.