Epenesa blocked FG

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I find it interesting they have Epenesa and Groot lined up in the gap between the Gs and OTs with Star and Butler inside them.  AJ and Groot are obviously the ones they rely on to block the kick, so I'm assuming analytics tells them this is the optimal position for blockers?

42 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Go to 0.50 on this video, Epenesa got just enough to change the trajectory

Thanks for the tip.  I watched the video and went right to the 50 second mark, and you can pretty clearly that AJ partially blocked and redirected the kick.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TPS said:

I find it interesting they have Epenesa and Groot lined up in the gap between the Gs and OTs with Star and Butler inside them.  AJ and Groot are obviously the ones they rely on to block the kick, so I'm assuming analytics tells them this is the optimal position for blockers?

I think it's more about geometry.

4 hours ago, TPS said:

Star and Butler are supposed to be ones pushing the offense line absorbing as many linemen as they can.

AJ and Groot are the ones supposed to be jumping up to hit/redirect ball.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.