Jake Fromm and Tanner Gentry to Covid list, OL Jacob Capra and WR Austin Proehl signed to PS

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welcome back former draft pick Austin Proehl

Proehl has been bouncing around the league on various practice squads (longest stint: Rams) and was recently released from the Chargers practice squad

So good teams have been looking at him

Jacob Capra played 3 seasons at Oregon, finished his degree, and transferred to San Diego State for his last season of eligibility.

UDFA who signed with the Packers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/get-to-know-packers-undrafted-free-agent-og-jacob-capra/ar-BB1gjQyh

He's been on their practice squad.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Proehl has been bouncing around the league on various practice squads (longest stint: Rams) and was recently released from the Chargers practice squad

So good teams have been looking at him

Jacob Capra played 3 seasons at Oregon, finished his degree, and transferred to San Diego State for his last season of eligibility.

UDFA who signed with the Packers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/get-to-know-packers-undrafted-free-agent-og-jacob-capra/ar-BB1gjQyh

He's been on their practice squad.

Position versatility seems like something our coaching staff likes in olineman.

Edited by The Jokeman

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am sorry? What did I get wrong? 

Josh is on IG in close contact with Tanner Gentry. If he doesn’t have the vaccine league rules may provide insight into JA’s vaccine status. 

Nothing in what was posted shared why Fromm is on the list. And if Fromm isn’t vaccinated, which is entirely possible, it’s wild to me that an emergency player wouldn’t be vaccinated. 

I'm not even going there.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am sorry? What did I get wrong? 

Josh is on IG in close contact with Tanner Gentry. If he doesn’t have the vaccine league rules may provide insight into JA’s vaccine status. 

Nothing in what was posted shared why Fromm is on the list. And if Fromm isn’t vaccinated, which is entirely possible, it’s wild to me that an emergency player wouldn’t be vaccinated. 

So the NFL has just let him break every rule for an unvaxed player so far?

41 minutes ago, Mango said:

Did Jake Fromm getting covid/close contact cost the Bills a 2nd for Mitch?

More likely Tanner Gentry getting covid/close contact and smooching Josh (just kidding on that last but) made the Bills think "oh ***** we better hang on to Mitch".  But I could be wrong, I don't think they would have parted with Mitch for a pick, even a 2nd.  I think they would have wanted to exchange the risk of downgrading at backup for a player who might help them NOW

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

So the NFL has just let him break every rule for an unvaxed player so far?

who do you mean by "him" and what rules have been broken?

42 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Uh-oh. There’s pics all over IG of Gentry at a party next to Allen and Gabe. 

Can you say more/share screenshots?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

More likely Tanner Gentry getting covid/close contact and smooching Josh (just kidding on that last but) made the Bills think "oh ***** we better hang on to Mitch"

who do you mean by "him" and what rules have been broken?

Josh, and he's clearly vaccinated. When have you seen him masked during interviews, on the side line?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Josh, and he's clearly vaccinated. When have you seen him masked during interviews, on the side line?

Well, I've seen Josh unmasked doing interviews sitting next to Beasley, also unmasked.  So either the NFL has decided it's OK for the players to do interviews unmasked and sitting right next to each other, or Mr. Toothgap quietly hauled his freight to the vaccination station.  I dunno.

I tend to agree with those who argued that the Bills were not going to sign Josh to a long-term deal this preseason unless he got vaxxed.  Would suck to guarantee him money and then have him do a Dawkins or Sweeney.  But who knows.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I've seen him unmasked doing interviews sitting next to Beasley, also unmasked.  So either the NFL has decided it's OK for the players to do interviews unmasked and sitting right next to each other, or Mr. Toothgap quietly hauled his freight to the vaccination station.

Interesting. Maybe FDA approval changed his mind?

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Interesting. Maybe FDA approval changed his mind?

I doubt it.  IF something changed his mind (which I don't know), IMHO it would be his competitive nature coming to terms with the reality that he could take all personal precautions to avoid getting Covid and still get sidelined for a game by NFL rules if he's declared a close contact of someone who isn't as careful. 

He might think the rules suck, but they're still the rules and he'd still be sidelined. 

For a guy who said missing a game was more painful to him than playing on a broken leg was, that just might be a factor.

6 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Is it Mitch time?  RIP Allen's MVP chances if he misses any games.

Hope not.  Cross your fingers!

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

For those counting at home, I think that is 10 days (on the list Tues Nov 2, off the list Thurs Nov 12).

On 11/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, Limeaid said:

Not sure why 4th QB would cost a trade.

The theory is that when Fromm went on the Covid list, there was concern about an outbreak in the QB room thus we better not trade any of them.

The fallacy there is that I don't believe the Bills signed Trubisky as their backup for Josh because they considered him as a potential trade piece

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.