Pelissaro says Duvernay-Tardif to Jets for TE Dan Brown

Hapless Bills Fan

Can you imagine? 

One year, you’re starting for the the Chiefs and blocking for Mahomes. 

Then the next year you’re on the front lines fighting a pandemic. 

A year after that you’ve lost your starting job.

And a few weeks later a pandemic still rages on but now you’re on the NYJ blocking for Mike White. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Duvernay-Tardif opted out last year and lost his starting RG spot to rookie Trey Smith

Dan Brown, who I've never heard of, is a 7 year vet at TE who has played for Baltimore, Chicago, and the Jets.

9 receptions on 13 targets for 103 yds in the past 3 years.

Looks like primarily a STer

Such a blockbuster deal at the trade deadline

He is closer to home at least. And still paid more per half game than as a doctor for a whole year ha ha. Crazy those NFL salaries!

I did think the Bills should have got him. He's a good RG. I'm surprised he lost his job. Might be more a salary cap issue as if Smith does an OK job his salary is much lower.

17 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

He is closer to home at least. And still paid more per half game than as a doctor for a whole year ha ha. Crazy those NFL salaries!

I did think the Bills should have got him. He's a good RG. I'm surprised he lost his job. Might be more a salary cap issue as if Smith does an OK job his salary is much lower.

I'm not sure what the bolded means - you think the Chiefs should have given a conference rival a piece that might make them better?

L D-T missed preseason with a broken hand.  Trey Smith looked good in pre-season, and played well at the start of the season, so no reason to bench him for a guy in his last contract year.

OTOH it is D-T's last contract year, so if he wants a new contract it helps him to see the field.  Trading him is a "friendly" and the Jets are not looking to be a threat.

34 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Seems like a nice trade for the jets.

I’m guessing KC was mainly just clearing cap space?

That, and probably doing a decent thing for a 5 year vet who played well for them, in his contract year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Duvernay-Tardif opted out last year and lost his starting RG spot to rookie Trey Smith

Dan Brown, who I've never heard of, is a 7 year vet at TE who has played for Baltimore, Chicago, and the Jets.

9 receptions on 13 targets for 103 yds in the past 3 years.

Looks like primarily a STer

The next Lee Smith?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.