Thoughts on the WR rotation? A team and B team.

Sammy Watkins' Rib

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen it mentioned.  It seems like in the last few weeks we have increasingly seen the trio of Kumerow, Davis and McKenzie get playing time together while all three of Diggs, Sanders and Beasley are on the sideline. It's interesting to me that rather than say plug one of the B team guys in with two of the A team guys are vice versa it seems like the game plan has been to just roll out two completely different trio of receivers. No idea if the idea is to just rest all three of the A team receivers at the same time or if it is to run completely different plays with the B team. Maybe give the B team guys confidence in their ability to be legitimate playmakers on their own and help their growth? Maybe this is more common then I realize around the league but I can't recall the Bills ever running receiver personnel like this in the past.

Yea we are run heavy out of these packages and it's very gameplan specific. I never want to trot out the B team unless our guys somehow all need a breather at the same time or its garbage time. Point is to have your best playmakers on the field at all times to help you succeed. 

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have not seen this, so I'd like some kind of verification that this is actually ''thing" before commenting.

Happened at least twice in the Dolphins game that I recall. Cool thing was I was in the stands (first time at a home game since 2007) so it was easier to see who was in the game and who was on the sidelines at the same time. I can't recall run or pass though. Would be kind of foolish to go three wide with a particular grouping and always run though. I believe it is a "thing" but not to the extent that we will see it more than a handful of times in a game. 

Maybe having less options with the flexibilityof the TE has something to with it. Another idea is that the Bills are trying to set up a "tendancy" with that grouping so they can play OFF of the tendancy to get a surprise factor with passing out of that combination, when they need to....

Screwing up the other team's "analyitics" is now part of the move-countermove game.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.