[Edit -Released by Raiders] Henry Ruggs involved in a fatal car crash, "DUI resulting in death" charges expected

DCOrange

50 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What does "street gutter character" mean to you?

If you can't figure that out then you're either oblivious or intentionally ignoring it.

I don't know, could it have meant John Gotti? Or one of the old "Westies" Irish gang?

If anything, you are the one making racist assumptions and implications imo. If you can't figure out how then you are either oblivious to this or intentionally ignoring it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

If he gets out within the next 5 years I would say his career is not over.  NFL is littered with child / women abusers, rapists, drug and alcohol abusers, etc.  As sad as it is, I’m sure some team would give him a chance (Chiefs, Ravens, Browns).

i  wrote 10-20 and I agree if he gets out 5 in years he might still have a shot at the NFL,  I think post Ray Rice backlash the NFL has changed in that regard.  Good test case will be Deshaun Watson,  I wouldnt be shocked if he never plays on the NFL again.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

i  wrote 10-20 and I agree if he gets out 5 in years he might still have a shot at the NFL,  I think post Ray Rice backlash the NFL has changed in that regard.  Good test case will be Deshaun Watson,  I wouldnt be shocked if he never plays on the NFL again.

Let’s hope ! 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/judge-rules-that-former-las-vegas-raiders-henry-ruggs-blood-alcohol-test-from-deadly-crash-allowed-as-evidence-204811319.html

A judge ruled on Tuesday that blood alcohol tests will be allowed as evidence in the case against former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III, according to ESPN.

Had this test been thrown out there is no dui. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/judge-rules-that-former-las-vegas-raiders-henry-ruggs-blood-alcohol-test-from-deadly-crash-allowed-as-evidence-204811319.html

A judge ruled on Tuesday that blood alcohol tests will be allowed as evidence in the case against former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III, according to ESPN.

Had this test been thrown out there is no dui. 

Why in the hell Wouldn't they be allowed?!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, T&C said:

Maybe read the original article yahoo butchered in posting?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34232294/judge-rules-blood-alcohol-test-results-allowed-evidence-case-former-las-vegas-raiders-receiver-henry-ruggs-iii-charged-fiery-crash-killed-woman-dog

Ruggs is charged with multiple felonies, including driving under the influence resulting in death and reckless driving. A police report said that Ruggs refused to take a field sobriety test on site.

"There's obvious time constraints in applying for a search warrant for a blood draw," Justice of the Peace Ann Zimmerman said. "Under the totality of the circumstances, there is more than sufficient evidence for a finding of probable cause for the issuance of the search warrant in this case.

"Nobody has mentioned so far that Mr. Ruggs was seriously injured in this accident and transported to the hospital, so he would have been unable to submit to field sobriety tests. Coupled with his refusal to answer questions, this does not result in a reward. ... Motion to suppress is denied."

A lawyer for Ruggs, David Chesnoff, had argued there was no probable cause for the tests, which were taken about two hours after the pre-dawn crash. Authorities say Ruggs' blood alcohol content was 0.16 -- more than twice Nevada's legal limit. But Chesnoff said that officers on the scene knew they didn't have enough evidence for probable cause, that involvement in the fiery crash wasn't enough.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, T&C said:

A blood draw should be mandatory when the person who caused the accident has to be taken to the hospital and can’t do a field sobriety test. Every state should have that law in place. 

• Agree 2

On 6/16/2022 at 9:56 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

5 years with elite training, eating prison food, missing the incremental changes in technique and verbiages

hed be a big project, with big distractions and a very short shelf life.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, T&C said:

Because they could have been faulty?  Taken incorrectly,  etc...

I don't know much about this case.  Not sure what kinda tests. 

If you know you're gonna fail... Always refuse... You're going to jail no matter what.  Time is a friend before they get it LEGALLY against your will.

Why give them evidence willfully?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because they could have been faulty?  Taken incorrectly,  etc...

I don't know much about this case.  Not sure what kinda tests. 

If you know you're gonna fail... Always refuse... You're going to jail no matter what.  Time is a friend before they get it LEGALLY against your will.

Why give them evidence willfully?

He didn't. He was unconscious.  DWI lawyers always challenge the physical evidence of intoxication--that's the bulk of their business.

But probable cause was never in doubt here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He didn't. He was unconscious.  DWI lawyers always challenge the physical evidence of intoxication--that's the bulk of their business.

But probable cause was never in doubt here.

Honestly, I don’t know the gap between punishments if he was drunk or soberly going 150 mph and killed someone. 

my gut says it can’t be they drastically different but you never know how local laws stack qualifiers

On 6/16/2022 at 6:48 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What does "street gutter character" mean to you?

If you can't figure that out then you're either oblivious or intentionally ignoring it.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I don't know, could it have meant John Gotti? Or one of the old "Westies" Irish gang?

If anything, you are the one making racist assumptions and implications imo. If you can't figure out how then you are either oblivious to this or intentionally ignoring it.

If you don't know, I won't tell you?

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Honestly, I don’t know the gap between punishments if he was drunk or soberly going 150 mph and killed someone. 

my gut says it can’t be they drastically different but you never know how local laws stack qualifiers

From what I could see, in Nevada, reckless driving with death resulting is a Class B felony with 1 to 6 years.  Ruggs is charged with4 felonies and is looking at 40 years.

He won't be some team's project---except maybe the Mean Machine.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

From what I could see, in Nevada, reckless driving with death resulting is a Class B felony with 1 to 6 years.  Ruggs is charged with4 felonies and is looking at 40 years.

He won't be some team's project---except maybe the Mean Machine.

Ruggs is finished as a NFL player. Also, to suggest there was no PC is laughable and ridiculous. Almost as bad as " the glove doesn't fit." Defense attorneys will try anything to get their client off. Sometimes the ***** sticks...

Edited by newcam2012

On 6/16/2022 at 9:44 AM, Bill from NYC said:

How many mobsters or gangs play NFL football? You playing stupid doesn't fly.

It's a racist implication, plain and simple... that crap may play in PPP, but not here. 

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

How many mobsters or gangs play NFL football? You playing stupid doesn't fly.

It's a racist implication, plain and simple... that crap may play in PPP, but not here. 

Oh stop. In your quest to appear ever so enlightened on the internet, you made racist assumptions, placed black people in an inferior class, and came off as close minded. I was not the only one to recognize this, as it was ever so obvious.

Blocking you will be a distinct pleasure and I humbly ask you to return the favor and block me.

So long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.