NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So how many more drafts do we need to sure up the lines? 1 , 2? What if he take me another Ford? At some point you just have to go out and get talent. 

All I know is, if Daboll insist on using Allen as a battery ram, if he gets hurt, he needs fired ASAP. 

I get that you are on a crusade right now, but you don't make any sense.

What are you even talking about? At some point we have to get out and get talent? Really? What has been Beane doing past 4 years?

You (as well as rest of us) have absolutely no idea if there was any OL available for reasonable price and you also have absolutely no idea if that is what can potentially change outcome of SB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll admit it I'm disappointed.  I feel like we're strong enough everywhere except the Oline to win it. This seasons SB also seems like its there for the taking. Hope I'm wrong, but I have visions of a playoff loss with JA running for his life and no rushing attack. Sorry that's not what I want either. Hope Beane proves me wrong. Its his job to build a SB winner and it's not just the trade deadline today either. Our line being good enough is a mirage IMO and today felt like the last chance to improve it. So shoot me.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s just sad honestly. Knowing how close we are to winning a super bowl. We are a few pieces away and it hurts knowing we aren’t getting those pieces this year. 

It's frustrating. We are a lot closer than many think. You see other teams making moves while their window is there and some realistically don't have the chops, yet.  Beane has done nothing though I'm sure he's tried, within his budget of course. Sometimes I think he's more concerned with Beane counting instead of taking a risk in going for the gold. O line acquisitions are tough because you want to protect your QB. Especially if they're young and franchise material which is why I can't see Jville parting with Norwell unless it's an outrageous offer. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It subconscious. I really don’t want to think or talk about the trout.

I'm actually very fond of trout.  I have a killer recipe that calls for it to be brushed with egg white then crusted with rosemary and ground walnuts and baked on parchment.

I also like it whole, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with coarse salt, and grilled.  If you got lemon infused olive oil so much the better.

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Just win a super bowl. Whatever you have to do to do it. Just win. No more excuses. 

Again, what are you talking about? There are 32 teams in the league and 10-12 of them have realistic chance to win it all. And if Bills don't win it, you will call it "excuses"?

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Again, what are you talking about? There are 32 teams in the league and 10-12 of them have realistic chance to win it all. And if Bills don't win it, you will call it "excuses"?

Yes. No more “winning is hard.” Just win it. Just win. Don’t care what we have to do it. If it means making trades so be it, if it means trading up in the draft, so be it. If it means hiring a new OC, so be it. It’s time, it’s time to win a super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

11 minutes ago, Beerball said:

If Beane would have ever mortgaged the future for the present today was the day to do it.  Time will tell which approach works. Rams almost seem to have a disdain for draft picks whilst Beane covets his.

Rams win a SB it was worth it.

Bills eventually win a SB with this core group it was worth it.

As an advance middle aged fan I am tired of looking to tomorrow.

I might be in the minority; however, I don't ever want to see Beane mortgage the future for the present day. I would rather have the next 15 years of solid, competitive, playoff caliber football with no SB wins, than mortgage the future for a 1-2 year SB run (and maybe a win) and then drift off into mediocrity - again.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

10 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'll admit it I'm disappointed.  I feel like we're strong enough everywhere except the Oline to win it. This seasons SB also seems like its there for the taking. Hope I'm wrong, but I have visions of a playoff loss with JA running for his life and no rushing attack. Sorry that's not what I want either. Hope Beane proves me wrong. Its his job to build a SB winner and it's not just the trade deadline today either. Our line being good enough is a mirage IMO and today felt like the last chance to improve it. So shoot me.

Just out of curiosity, what o-lineman would Beane have gotten in a trade today that would put the team over the top in terms of winning a SB? What o-lineman of that caliber ever is acquired in an in-season trade?

Beane has built this team from a doormat to a team that has won 20 of the last 26 games they've played, got to the AFC Championship game last year, are currently tied for the 2nd best record in the AFC, 1st in pts scored per game, and 1st in pts against per game. I'd say he has done a pretty damn good job of building this team toward a SB winner. There isn't a team in the NFL, including past SB winners that didn't have issues somewhere on their team. The Bills aren't perfect, but they are currently capable of beating any team they play. That pretty much makes them a SB contender.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Not a trade, but the Rams just cut Desean Jackson...any chance we kick the tires on him?

He's still got top end speed and might be good depth especially if our injury luck runs out at some stage. 

I don't think so.  If he's not happy being the Rams #4 WR behind Kupp, Woods, and Jefferson, he's not gonna be thrilled at being the #5 WR on the Bills behind Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, and Davis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

At least the Dolphins did not get Watson. Bills should have firm grasp on the AFC EAST for a while yet. I think the only piece Beane was after included a beast DE. Looks like he tried but not exactly the easiest to acquire. Season part 2 is underway and it's gonna be fun. Think about being a Browns fan today....wasn't this supposed to be THEIR year? We should all be very happy with the direction and management of this team.

I wanted a guard too by the deadline today... So when its speculated or reported that Beane reached out to every legitimate potential suitor for a trade at that position (Beane has shown that he always does his due diligence in this area) that would be an upgrade and got no bites, that's a Buffalo Bills problem that we need to lament? Just making sure I have this right... Also, someone list all the guard trades that occurred today that the Bills "missed out on" so I can be mad that we should have offered more. And no, that one the Jets got would not have been an upgrade.

Basically what I am saying is its quite likely the Bills tried to upgrade that position today.

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just out of curiosity, what o-lineman would Beane have gotten in a trade today that would put the team over the top in terms of winning a SB? What o-lineman of that caliber ever is acquired in an in-season trade?

Some would argue that Laurent Duvernay Tardif could be a better OG than anyone on our team.  I dunno - he's coming back from a broken hand in preseason, a year off, and was available because a 6th round rookie outplayed him.   So it's not a clear-cut "yeah he's better" thing.

I would have like to see us make a push for Brandon Scherff from the WFT.   It's a bit of a risk because he'd be coming back from a knee injury and hasn't played since week 4.  But he's an excellent guard IMO and could be an improvement.  The thing is, he's got an $18M salary and is a FA next year, so you're not gonna see Beane giving up a high pick for a 9 game rental.  I wondered if this might be a case where we send them Trubisky and a lower pick for Scherff and they keep part of his salary, but that's just a lot of moving parts.  I thought that was the most likely case.

Teams just don't normally trade healthy, starting OG who are capable of playing at a high level because everyone needs better OL play than they've got

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.