NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Turns out you can't force teams to trade players just because you have a weakness you want to fill.

Well, that's not much of an observation.   The reality is that the teams that need players enough NOW that they would be willing to trade their much beloved draft picks..........those teams really don't have much cap space.    That wasn't really the case immediately prior to covid.   Teams had gotten better at cap management.   So with less cap space to work with.........contenders need teams to eat cap space as well as give up the player.   That was going to make it more difficult.    Look at what the Rams had to pay for Von Miller.   That was A LOT for a 32 year old free-agent-to-be and the reason is because Denver also ate $9M in salary.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally don't put a huge amount of stock in PFF evaluations of OL, but you do you ....and in any case, he was NOT benched, he played the entire season except when injured, and the entire post-season ending in the Superbowl.

There was other talk besides PFF about his diminished play.  I meant he was benched from starting this year.

Bottom line:  IF the Bills traded Sweeney for him I wouldn't think it fixed the OL.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It is a blast.

….but when it’s over and the result is you’re left by the car with your shirt askew, alone (no player, no picks) and have to ask yourself, “wait, what did I just do?”

Well, somebody was right.

...me...I am the person I am talking about being right.  

51 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Disappointing.  Windows like this don’t stay open.  Wish they were a bit less “midwestern” in their approach at OBD.

If they win the SB this year.........they will look like geniuses for having not expended any future assets to improve.

But if their deficiencies cost them,  eventually Bills fans will forget that they didn't make moves.

Bills fans have largely forgotten that Polian sat on his hands while AFC East teams were making big moves in the early 90's.

The Redskins team that beat the Bills in XXVI...........they would have been miles over the salary cap..........and the Cowboys somehow stole Charles Haley from conference rival San Francisco.

Polian was especially determined to prove he was right about 265# NT Jeff Wright and FS Mark Kelso.........two major physical mismatches against NFC East teams in those SB's.

I don't think Beane is stubborn but winning that 1st SB when the window is THIS OPEN is critical.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What a take

Well that about sums it up, don’t know what to tell ya champ. If we wanted to improve, we would have upgraded somewhere. Sorry facts bother you. 

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think a team like the Rams would absolutely destroy the Bills upfront…. Assuming both teams stay healthy and are in the SB, not sure how the Bills keep Josh upright for a full 4 quarters.

Our Oline has struggle with less. We aren’t winning a super bowl yet, so might as well prepare for it. I thought going into this year we would, but I’ve seen enough Oline play to tell you we aren’t. 

8 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Beane is just laying down feelers so he can get them in the off-season just like Diggs and Sanders. 

It’s always next year. When do we make the push? When do we finally win the super bowl. Tired of waiting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think a team like the Rams would absolutely destroy the Bills upfront…. Assuming both teams stay healthy and are in the SB, not sure how the Bills keep Josh upright for a full 4 quarters.

In that potential matchup.......I actually think a healthy version of this Bills defense might be able to really shut down the Rams offense.    But it seems that the Bills have resigned themselves to Josh Allen being his own best protection this season.   He's at the height of his athletic ability right now......he's been evading pass rushers and then bowling over back 7 defenders at a rapid rate this season.........so maybe he could put up 4 TD's anyway..........but I hate seeing them expose Allen as much as they are doing this year, IMO.   Would have liked to see a physical presence added to that OL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well that about sums it up, don’t know what to tell ya champ. If we wanted to improve, we would have upgraded somewhere. Sorry facts bother you. 

You can't just call another team and tell them to give you a player. 

Unless both teams upgrade there is no deal to be made. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I figured Beane would be making and taking calls (as all GMs should be doing this time of year) but never expected anything major to actually happen. 

It’s just sad honestly. Knowing how close we are to winning a super bowl. We are a few pieces away and it hurts knowing we aren’t getting those pieces this year. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

You can't just call another team and tell them to give you a player. 

Unless both teams upgrade there is no deal to be made. 

Everyone has a price. At some point you have to be aggressive with picks. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes… they would just need Allen to carry the offense like he’s been doing the past year and a half….

At some point, leaning and relying on Allen to do everything is going to break Allen and he will be out a few weeks due to injury. It’s sickening and maddening at the same time. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.