NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s just sad honestly. Knowing how close we are to winning a super bowl. We are a few pieces away and it hurts knowing we aren’t getting those pieces this year. 

This is kinda dramatic. We’re still a SB contender even after not making any trades. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone has a price. At some point you have to be aggressive with picks. 

And you're assuming it was just picks.  What about players and salaries?  Being aggressive is one thing but overpaying is another.  You can't expect them to make a deal that is going to fleece themselves.  Beane has built through the draft and FA in the off season and most of his trades have been to get rid of players for picks.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-gm-brandon-beane-trades-down-for-first-time-here-are-his-21-deals-involving/article_8c510e8e-0e73-5793-a089-60f1d6fd7c66.html

His last trade deadline trade,  a 3rd and a 7th for Kelvin Benjamin.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

And you're assuming it was just picks.  What about players and salaries?  Being aggressive is one thing but overpaying is another.  You can't expect them to make a deal that is going to fleece themselves.  Beane has built through the draft and FA in the off season and most of his trades have been to get rid of players for picks.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-gm-brandon-beane-trades-down-for-first-time-here-are-his-21-deals-involving/article_8c510e8e-0e73-5793-a089-60f1d6fd7c66.html

His last trade deadline trade,  a 3rd and a 7th for Kelvin Benjamin.

So how many more drafts do we need to sure up the lines? 1 , 2? What if he take me another Ford? At some point you just have to go out and get talent. 

All I know is, if Daboll insist on using Allen as a battery ram, if he gets hurt, he needs fired ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 1

Listening to Sal Cappacio make a bunch of excuses for the Bills not making a move at the deadline.

Saying nobody knows what Guard was available, and at what price.

This team is taking a gamble with this offensive line, it’s been poor all season, and I’m to believe that nothing was available?

Also, we don’t have top end speed at WR, and Diggs isn’t that kind of game breaker, so our offense with have a deep cap.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone has a price. At some point you have to be aggressive with picks. 

This ^^^

For better or worse, McBeane & co feel their draft skill is better than anyone we could trade for. 

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is kinda dramatic. We’re still a SB contender even after not making any trades. 

The expectations are a little higher from the crew who made Diggs happen. Especially when our needs seem obvious. 

It would be interesting to find out who was being shopped and what they were asking for. That way we could accurately grade trades. 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So how many more drafts do we need to sure up the lines? 1 , 2? What if he take me another Ford? At some point you just have to go out and get talent. 

Ideally, none.  The talent can just be acquired in the off-season without giving up players or picks.

But likely at least 1 draft.  What ifs? are always a part of the draft.  You live and die by them.

Disappointed in front office this season. If you’re close to a Super Bowl contender it’s ok to overpay a little. Had they traded up in draft to get Najee Harris I feel like they would be undefeated right now and in the driver seat for division and home field. As is now I think division is gonna be a dog fight and have serious doubts about home field. At this trade deadline I felt it was imperative to upgrade OL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Also, we don’t have top end speed at WR, and Diggs isn’t that kind of game breaker, so our offense with have a deep cap.

I'm not sure I agree with the need to bring in a "top end speed" WR, but if you're of that persuasion....DeSean Jackson was just released by the Rams.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Ideally, none.  The talent can just be acquired in the off-season without giving up players or picks.

But likely at least 1 draft.  What ifs? are always a part of the draft.  You live and die by them.

So no talent acquisition to push for a super bowl this year? Our roster is good enough to win now? 

32 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think a team like the Rams would absolutely destroy the Bills upfront…. Assuming both teams stay healthy and are in the SB, not sure how the Bills keep Josh upright for a full 4 quarters.

We have no answer for Miller and Donald. 

• Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So no talent acquisition to push for a super bowl this year? Our roster is good enough to win now? 

I think the roster is good enough to win this year, yes.  And again, no talent acquisition this year doesn't mean that they didn't try to acquire and upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think a team like the Rams would absolutely destroy the Bills upfront…. Assuming both teams stay healthy and are in the SB, not sure how the Bills keep Josh upright for a full 4 quarters.

Are you ok?

Its not like you to be negative about something...

23 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s just sad honestly. Knowing how close we are to winning a super bowl. We are a few pieces away and it hurts knowing we aren’t getting those pieces this year. 

Guess we will see you next year then...

If Beane would have ever mortgaged the future for the present today was the day to do it.  Time will tell which approach works. Rams almost seem to have a disdain for draft picks whilst Beane covets his.

Rams win a SB it was worth it.

Bills eventually win a SB with this core group it was worth it.

As an advance middle aged fan I am tired of looking to tomorrow.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.