NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So now what are we going to do?

well most years we would start predicting who would land in our laps at pick 12 in the NFL draft while hoping the team would show progress while losing to get us a better draft pick. Now we are stuck watching a team that is tops in most defensive categories and one of the better offensive teams in the league.  Dang it Beane.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Is it stuck?

Is this from the Dr who was posting last night using his iPad?

Typed "humble penis" and I think he explained that he uses it all the time because it was convenient, but had spell check issues...

I have so many questions for his patients at his practice - damn HIPAA.

😄

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

well most years we would start predicting who would land in our laps at pick 12 in the NFL draft while hoping the team would show progress while losing to get us a better draft pick. Now we are stuck watching a team that is tops in most defensive categories and one of the better offensive teams in the league.  Dang it Beane.

You’re the only one who understands me. Every other response thought by “we” I meant the Bills, but I meant us, as in we the posters. What are we going to speculate on now? Certainly not the 32nd pick in the draft. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Put your penis in the sky all you want...however that "quality starting level guard" hasn't played a down since 2019 and even though he was coming back the Chiefs still upgraded his spot in the offseason. So, I think you may ne overstating the good doctor's quality on this one a tad..

I swear, I've tried to edit that line several times now and it still shows as "penis in the sky". I can't seem to fix it. 

Ghosts, I tell ya. Ghosts!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

@Hapless Bills Fan @nucci @Rc2catch @ColoradoBills

Fair enough. You're all correct in the sense that trade deadline deals for offensive guards haven't happened at the rate that I would've thought over the past several years. I stand corrected.

On the other hand, the Chiefs just traded away a quality starting level offensive guard. Granted, it's quite possible they wouldn't have traded with us for any amount, but the fact that this trade occurred showed that acquiring a starting level guard was not some totally improbable penis in the sky fantasy. It happened.

Duvernay-Tardif was legitimately a starter on a Superbowl team in 2019.

Duvernay-Tardif was outplayed by a rookie OG this season, thus making himself expendable in a trade

There's some question as to whether his year off, and his broken hand in preseason, impacted his level of play

But even if we say "OK, showed he could start 2 years ago", there aren't many of these guys sitting around on the benches of other teams.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He was so bad at OG in 2019 he was benched.  "quality starting level" is a bit debatable but yes it was an OG now traded

at deadline.

Duvernay-Tardiff missed 2 games in the middle of the 2019 season.  He started in 17 games, including all the playoff games and the Superbowl.

He was on injury report for those two games and was given a game designation of "out" for the first and "questionable" for the second.

To refer to that as "so bad at OG in 2019 he was benched" is just plain wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

This is the second time IN A DAY that "penis" has auto-corrected to "penis" on these boards.

😱😱😱😱😱😱

So it's not just me!

Someone set "p i e" to always auto-correct to penis.

I claim innocence!!!

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Duvernay-Tardif was legitimately a starter on a Superbowl team in 2019.

Duvernay-Tardif was outplayed by a rookie OG this season, thus making himself expendable in a trade

There's some question as to whether his year off, and his broken hand in preseason, impacted his level of play

But even if we say "OK, showed he could start 2 years ago", there aren't many of these guys sitting around on the benches of other teams.

Duvernay-Tardiff missed 2 games in the middle of the 2019 season.  He started in 17 games, including all the playoff games and the Superbowl.

He was on injury report for those two games and was given a game designation of "out" for the first and "questionable" for the second.

Well he must have pissed somebody off, they traded him to the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

So it's not just me!

Someone set "p i e" to always auto-correct to penis.

I claim innocence!!!

I just got this joke. I had no idea why all you all have been talking about penis.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just going by the talk earlier in the year in a thread about the KC OL.

His game fell apart in 2019 and here is a tweet about it.

PFF KC Chiefs

@PFF_Chiefs

#Chiefs G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is coming off the worst season of his career, despite playing 1,000+ snaps for the first time. • 59.7 Overall (Career Low) • 54.3 Run Block (Career Low) • 27 Pressures (Career Worst) • 5 Sacks + Hits (Career Worst)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm just going by the talk earlier in the year in a thread about the KC OL.

His game fell apart in 2019 and here is a tweet about it.

PFF KC Chiefs

@PFF_Chiefs

#Chiefs G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is coming off the worst season of his career, despite playing 1,000+ snaps for the first time. • 59.7 Overall (Career Low) • 54.3 Run Block (Career Low) • 27 Pressures (Career Worst) • 5 Sacks + Hits (Career Worst)

I personally don't put a huge amount of stock in PFF evaluations of OL, but you do you ....and in any case, he was NOT benched, he played the entire season except when injured, and the entire post-season ending in the Superbowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.