NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

yeah the trade deadline turns into a Big MEH.....aka squat as far as deals by the Beanemeister. I do trust the guy he will NOT turn down a good deal noone offered he a fair enough price in his opinion

lol IMO 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I guess the Bills were afraid of a logjam with Cox

I don't think Beane and the Bills are afraid of anything. IMO, Beane will make any deal he feels helps this team in the short term AND long term. If he doesn't feel it does, then he won't make the deal. He also doesn't seem like the kind of guy that fears the "SB window" might be closing. Rather, he seems more like the kind of GM that will do everything in his power to keep that window open for as long as he can.

I trust him to keep this team cometetive and in playoff contention for a long time - and not give in to urges to pull the trigger when he shouldn't because of some fear that the window is closing. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Really disappointed we didn't get the O-Line and #2 CB positions upgraded.  Glaring needs, especially at the G position.  Really hope not being able to run the ball effectively when we absolutely need to doesn't come back to bite us.  Hopefully Allen can survive the season as well.  He hides so many issues, but it is bound to catch up with us eventually. 

Agree, specifically with the positions you mentioned. All the talk about trading for a RB, or getting Mack/Cox despite having to give up draft capital and absorb huge salaries, was laughable.

But I was was desperately hoping a mid round pick would have used to address one or both of our glaring needs. Kyle Fuller in particular was who I was hoping the Bills would target. If Tre goes down, the Bills D is in trouble.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

@Hapless Bills Fan @nucci @Rc2catch @ColoradoBills

Fair enough. You're all correct in the sense that trade deadline deals for offensive guards haven't happened at the rate that I would've thought over the past several years. I stand corrected.

On the other hand, the Chiefs just traded away a quality starting level offensive guard. Granted, it's quite possible they wouldn't have traded with us for any amount, but the fact that this trade occurred showed that acquiring a starting level guard was not some totally improbable penis in the sky fantasy. It happened.

how often do you type the word, "penis" that it changed on your autocorrect?

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Really disappointed we didn't get the O-Line and #2 CB positions upgraded.  Glaring needs, especially at the G position.  Really hope not being able to run the ball effectively when we absolutely need to doesn't come back to bite us.  Hopefully Allen can survive the season as well.  He hides so many issues, but it is bound to catch up with us eventually. 

Nonsense on cb#2. On a team with a top franchise QB, you pay one corner. Our #2 (Wallace with Jackson backing him) have been MORE than serviceable for that model, especially with how much $ we have allocated in D-line, left Tackle, and future WR $ coming for Diggs. Levi is solid, even though he's unspectacular. And he knows the communications and disguises of this scheme and how to execute them at a high level.

Bummer. I was really hoping for an upgrade at positions of need.

The AFC seems pretty wide open this year.

But we don’t know what type of deals were out there. So it’s hard to blame Beane for not making a move without knowing what moves (if any) he could have made.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I don't think Beane and the Bills are afraid of anything. IMO, Beane will make any deal he feels helps this team in the short term AND long term. If he doesn't feel it does, then he won't make the deal. He also doesn't seem like the kind of guy that fears the "SB window" might be closing. Rather, he seems more like the kind of GM that will do everything in his power to keep that window open for as long as he can.

I trust him to keep this team cometetive and in playoff contention for a long time - and not give in to urges to pull the trigger when he shouldn't because of some fear that the window is closing. 

I’m telling you, something about Cox rubs Beane the wrong way.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a shame this all has to end in 7 minutes…

Come on, if Da'rick can have 70+ pages, so can the trade that didn't happen! 🤣

I can't understand why we didn't trade late round assets for questionable players!?!  Pitchfork is lit, just LMK where we're meeting up to march on OBD...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.