NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I like having him as the backup but it's not like we can get anything for him down the line this is likely a 1 year pitstop for him, so if you can get good value for him I'm not sure you can say no.

Actually, indirectly, we might well get something for him.  If we lose more FAs than we sign, we're entitled to compensatory picks.  How much do you think a starting QB who signs for $10m+/yr is worth in that formula?

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

... but we then won't have a credible back up. Fromm and Webb can't play.

I assume we will sign someone if that trade actually happens. But I am not one to worry about the backup QB. The way this offense is playing we are not winning games if Allen goes down whether Trubisky or Webb replaces him. I would trade any backup QB for a 2nd rounder, no hesitation.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, eSJayDee said:

Actually, indirectly, we might well get something for him.  If we lose more FAs than we sign, we're entitled to compensatory picks.  How much do you think a starting QB who signs for $10m+/yr is worth in that formula?

I think that might land you a third rounder. He could well get paid this offseason given the weak draft.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If true hard to turn that down. We picked him up for nothing. I don't understand why Washington would do it though. Isn't Fitz back soon?

Why would WE do that?  Does nothing for us this year, in fact takes away our QB insurance during a possible SB run. 

I get the idea of sacrificing Trubiski at the altar of "sustainable success", but you have to win 1 before you can win 2 or 3.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I assume we will sign someone if that trade actually happens. But I am not one to worry about the backup QB. The way this offense is playing we are not winning games if Allen goes down whether Trubisky or Webb replaces him. I would trade any backup QB for a 2nd rounder, no hesitation.

Trubisky can definitely get you to 2-2 in a four week injury window. Fromm gets you to potentially 0-4. He can't throw. There's a reason why teams prioritize credible backup qbs. Also, there is no one left to sign.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not the slightest bit funny.  And used upthread several times.  And lame, and annoying.

Thin skin aye, 🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.