NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

My hope is Beane can move Trubisky.  Top choice for an IOL.  But if not, see if you can move MT for a 3rd or 4th.

Trubisky was always a one year rental insurance policy.  The years half over, move him.  Sure, there's some risk. 

I'm on of those (in the minority it seems) that wants the Bills to be good for the next decade vs the all-in on the one year.

This.   Cam or get the WFT to throw in Fitz.   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Fletcher’s dead cap is philly’s problem, not the Bills.  

Correct.  Cox to the Bills is a bit intriguing.  He potentially could fill in as the "old vet" next year when everyone else leaves.

The issue is the $16M salary next year but if he agreed to a restructure with a small cut in pay that hit could go way down.

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

If we need to rely on Trubisky, we are screwed anyways so I'm OK with trading him for assets. He's not gonna turn into Nick Foles and win us a championship so might as well trade him. Could flip any picks we receive and get help for this season.

Tough to flip picks into help for this season though, today is the trade deadline.

If Wash doesn't/can't offer any IOL that would help for us this year, I would still like Beane to move Trubisky for a decent draft pick.  IMO, would be a great overall move by Beane - picked up a top level backup QB for half a season and moved him out for a decent draft pick. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lots of chatter on Twitter that Bills and WFT discussing Trubisky trade. Trubisky is trending in my Twitter feed over it too. 

Also chatter that Saints have inquired too on Twitter.

They probably don't want to part with Scherff or any of their DL studs, and Bean probably wants plug n play upgrades, not draft capital. 

Also lots of Khalil Mack to the Bills chatter and speculation.  Seems to be unsubstantiated for the most part and more or less happening because Bills, along with the Cowboys, also inquired on Von Miller which seems confirmed.  

Seems people assume with the Buffalo connection we would also be calling about Mack.  I can’t see how we could even trade for him though given his contract size though, so doubt there is much to this.  Not to mention he’s not healthy right now either.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Correct.  Cox to the Bills is a bit intriguing.  He potentially could fill in as the "old vet" next year when everyone else leaves.

The issue is the $16M salary next year but if he agreed to a restructure with a small cut in pay that hit could go way down.

I think he has like 3-4 years before he’s a UFA. His cap hit next year is $26M. I don’t know how much of that is tied up with Philly. But he is SUPER CHEAP after 2022. 

Converting his salary to a bonus alleviates a lot of the issues I believe. I don’t think he needs to take a pay cut at all.

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

They probably don't want to part with Scherff or any of their DL studs, and Bean probably wants plug n play upgrades, not draft capital. 

Bills would have a real hard time taking on his contract BUT Wes Schweitzer is a completely different story. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think he has like 3-4 years before he’s a UFA. His cap hit next year is $26M. I don’t know how much of that is tied up with Philly. But he is SUPER CHEAP after 2022. 

Converting his salary to a bonus alleviates a lot of the issues I believe. I don’t think he needs to take a pay cut at all.

Those are void years.  He would be an UFA in 2023.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/fletcher-cox-9822/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I said that two weeks ago in the hypothetical trade thread. Would upgrade edge blocking and would only cost a 7th round pick - hell maybe even less like swapping a 6th for a 7th

in what feels like was 25 years ago, my friend and I would draft teams in madden.

He would always complain because I wanted to draft something absurd like 43 rosters spots, and we only played 2 games max with these teams each time.

One of my last picks would always be Lee Smith as my 3rd tight end. Which I would sneak in as my 2nd tight end for the elite blocking in two TE sets.... so all that to say I'M IN haha ironically, unironically. just get er done! haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.