NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

17 minutes ago, BTB said:

…and how would he feel about being part of a 10 man DL rotation?

He would like it, I'm guessing. Get rid of Phillips and/or Butler and you can rotate Oliver/Cox/Lotulelei/Zimmer. All of a sudden our interior d-line looks elite. As someone else mentioned he has almost no cap hit this year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

They will stand pat.   

This is my thinking..  Buffalo spends too much time building a team, a culture and managing the cap (for long term) to blow it up on trade deadline day.    Sure in the early days when they had assets to sell, but not now.  I don't see it happening.  I can almost predict the press conference.  "Sure we had some things we were interested in, but the price and fit wasn't right for the team." ....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

Maybe he is a “me first” guy who wants 90% of the defensive snaps instead of 60-70%?  

Lol glass half empty kinda guy huh..

When have you ever heard of Fletcher Cox as a me first guy??? 
Were you one of those “diggs is a diva” guys too? 

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yes it's a problem.  and Yes, because it's fun to fantasize.

It is a blast.

….but when it’s over and the result is you’re left by the car with your shirt askew, alone (no player, no picks) and have to ask yourself, “wait, what did I just do?”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It is a blast.

….but when it’s over and the result is you’re left by the car with your shirt askew, alone (no player, no picks) and have to ask yourself, “wait, what did I just do?”

Oh, so you had a camera following me last Sat night?

🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

This is my thinking..  Buffalo spends too much time building a team, a culture and managing the cap (for long term) to blow it up on trade deadline day.    Sure in the early days when they had assets to sell, but not now.  I don't see it happening.  I can almost predict the press conference.  "Sure we had some things we were interested in, but the price and fit wasn't right for the team." ....

A winning culture. Adding a player that will help you win does not blow it up. If that is the case there is really nothing built if it can implode that easily. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BTB said:

…and how would he feel about being part of a 10 man DL rotation?

I think we would rotate players less if we had stars like Cox. We rotate them because 60% for Hughes and 40% for AJE gives us better product than 80% and 20%. But if we had guys like Bosa or Cox, no way we use same rotation as now.

If Oliver becomes next Donald next year he will see 80%+ snaps imo.

One thing to keep in mind that's relevant is that the Bills with and draft picks given up in a trade is that worse case are picking in the late 20's in 1st round, so if we trade a 3rd round pick today for an impact player at a position of need it's more like a 4th round pick.

Same is true for the Rams deal for Von Miller, they basically gave up an early 3rd and 4th rounder with the 2nd/3rd rounders they traded.

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

how would making a trade blow it up?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

One thing to keep in mind that's relevant is that the Bills with and draft picks given up in a trade is that worse case are picking in the late 20's in 1st round, so if we trade a 3rd round pick today for an impact player at a position of need it's more like a 4th round pick.

Same is true for the Rams deal for Von Miller, they basically gave up an early 3rd and 4th rounder with the 2nd/3rd rounders they traded.

I get your point that our picks will be late in respective rounds but otherwise your (and not only your, it is often used here) narrative is weird.

Late 1st round is late 1st round, and not "basically 2nd round".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.