OBJ drama in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who does ***** like this??

I know nothing of this specific situation. Maybe he really whipped it out and was swinging it around.

But my college room mate also got the same charge for peeing behind some shrubs on the walk home from the bar. He was in public, and it was technically out, so there is your exposure charge.

I dunno. Just sayin.

Just now, Mat68 said:

I think it is officially a Baker and Cleveland thing.  Stefanski also alienated Diggs in Minnesota.  Cleveland has a foundational issue imo.  On paper they look great.  Something is severely off.

The Browns will never achieve anything with Haslam running the show. As we know in Buffalo, it all starts at the top. Haslam is toxic and will therefore always hire toxic people in some fashion.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I know nothing of this specific situation. Maybe he really whipped it out and was swinging it around.

But my college room mate also got the same charge for peeing behind some shrubs on the walk home from the bar. He was in public, and it was technically out, so there is your exposure charge.

I dunno. Just sayin.

The Browns will never achieve anything with Haslam running the show. As we know in Buffalo, it all starts at the top. Haslam is toxic and will therefore always hire toxic people in some fashion.

Sounds like he got physical with the cops again. If you’re peeing behind a building and get busted, take the ticket and walk away in shame. I can’t tell you what he actually did, but I can tell you this is the second time he’s had a physical altercation with police and he’s done in the NFL.

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Sounds like he got physical with the cops again. If you’re peeing behind a building and get busted, take the ticket and walk away in shame. I can’t tell you what he actually did, but I can tell you this is the second time he’s had a physical altercation with police and he’s done in the NFL.

Must not have bought Baker's 'Getting Along With Our LEO Friends' DVD.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I aint defending the dumbass at all. He definitely made a number of bad choices if that's what folks are tweeting about this morning.

OBJ clearly wasn't "washed" like he was labeled.  Speaks volumes that he can walk into a new team, new playbook, new QB, etc and immediately produce while in Cleveland where he had been for a while they couldn't get him involved.  

Who the problem is in Cleveland is a legit question...Baker, HC, GM?  All of them?  If I was the Browns, I would clean house right now...fire everyone in the FO and Coaching Staff and bring in a new regime to work with Baker this next season one last time before they are forced to make a decision on Baker.  Its easier to reset the office than give up on the first pick in the draft who has at times looked like he could be a franchise guy.  

I would also look to trade Hunt or Chubb.  D'Ernest Johsnon filled in quite nicely when needed, they can afford to move one of the other RB's.  Use them to bring back some cap space and draft capital to help boost the rest of the roster.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I just posted something about this in the Cowboys thread.  It's the same situation in both franchises.   The owner is the leader, and not everyone who gets to be an owner is a great leader.   Hard not to reach the same conclusion about WFT, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I just posted something about this in the Cowboys thread.  It's the same situation in both franchises.   The owner is the leader, and not everyone who gets to be an owner is a great leader.   Hard not to reach the same conclusion about WFT, too.  

How do you feel about the Bills ownership?

And the Sabres?

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

How do you feel about the Bills ownership?

And the Sabres?

Hah!  Good question.  Not to cop out, but I don't follow hockey at all, so I really don't have an opinion about how the Sabres are managed. 

I think Bills ownership is very good.   I think they have the right touch between involvement and hands-off the football stuff.   They help and support the football people.   Most importantly, they learned quickly from their experience with Rex, really learned.   They recognized what's special about McDermott, and they collaborated with McDermott to get Beane, and then they collaborated with McDermott and Beane to get Allen.   I think it's a great thing, for example, that the owner can go on interview trips to see Allen but still not control the decision making.   Stuff like that is important. 

So, I think the Pegulas deserve credit.   Why that ability doesn't or hasn't translated to the Sabres, I can't say.   I mean, we all know that different kinds of organizations require different kinds of leadership.   It's not one-size-fits-all.   Just because I can lead an organization of 20 people doesn't mean I can lead one with 150 people.   Maybe leadership of a relatively large organization requires some skills, and leadership of a relatively small organization requires something different.   I don't know. 

And there's more than that.  I don't think Terry Pegula takes on projects expecting to fail, and I don't think Kim is much different.  They are purposeful, determined people.   In that way, they are like McDermott.  Maybe they got lucky when they found McDermott, but the lessons they've learned from him will not be lost on them.  They can see that their leadership of the Sabres is what will determine their success, and I'd be amazed if they haven't consulted with, and continue to consult with, hockey gurus about what behaviors they should adopt.  

Why haven't they succeeded after many false starts?   I don't know.  But I'm still betting on them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.