Melvin Ingram to Chiefs

aristocrat

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤷‍♂️ Moving Chris Jones back to DT and having a quality DE to help generate pressure is a good move for them.

We'll see what else they do

I don’t buy it. Sorry. That D is not good in the secondary or LB. Ingram isn’t that big of a difference maker. If he was, he wouldn’t be on his third team in less than a year. Fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t buy it. Sorry. That D is not good in the secondary or LB. Ingram isn’t that big of a difference maker. If he was, he wouldn’t be on his third team in less than a year. Fact. 

You think it's a bad move to make an acquisition that lets them move Jones to the position where he played better last season?

I'm not saying it's "enough", I'm just saying it's a positive move.  Like I said, we'll see what else they do.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You think it's a bad move to make an acquisition that lets them move Jones to the position where he played better last season?

I'm not saying it's "enough", I'm just saying it's a positive move.  Like I said, we'll see what else they do.

Why isn’t Jones playing there now if that’s where he should be playing? Is
Ingram even an every down DE at this point? He seems like a Mario Addison type player. 
Does he make them better? How much? I’m with you, let’s see what their per game sack numbers look like before and after Ingram. 
That team last night looked like a 4-4 team. One decent DE doesn’t all of a sudden fix their problems. 

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

What moves do we need to make? We’re top 5 in offense and defense. Why not let our 3 defensive ends we drafted grow and get better?

LA is setting themselves up for a 1-2 year window max……too many 1st round picks given up for players with large contracts.

The window is wide open now, and windows don’t stay open for long. Sometimes “grow and get better” isn’t the best option when your goal is a championship in the short term. Doesn’t mean that there won’t be long term growth for your young players. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ingram has 10 tackles and 1 sack in 6 games with the Steelers this year.  He would not make the Bills better.  If the Steelers thought he made them better, he would still be there.  They are in the midst of a competitive division run and the let him go for a sixth.  KC is bad enough that he is probably an upgrade for them. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

A buddy of mine who is a Broncos fan said the Bills were after Von Miller; and they got out-bid by LAR. 

Thanks for coming on to post an unsubstantiated rumor from a nobody.  That stuff plays great here.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Coming off COVID?

Yup.  But it happened.

It’s a great trade for KC.  It’s a team that had one expectation.  Winning the SB.  Their pass rush was lacking.  They traded almost nothing for an improved pass rush.  Will he be enough?  Probably not, but the price was negligible

6 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Dude Melvin Ingram isn’t and never was an elite pass rusher. There was a reason he signed a contract in July and traded by November. He has 1 sack in his last 13 games.

You can’t keep trading draft picks away for a 1-2 year run…..you gotta replenish that roster with cheap rookie deals. 

I understand your points.  What 6 th round pick from this years draft is doing anything on our roster THIS YEAR ?  Ingram is not top tier elite RIGHT NOW, BUT WAS BEFORE AND CAN FLASH AT TIMES , but neither is the guy from Denver that was put as a complimentary piece for Donald.  However, Ingram was good enough to help contribute to us losing to Pittsburgh and he can be a complimentary piece to someone like jones and ford in KC.  Watch and see. You can always possibly do something to get a 6 th round pick back before the next year.  When your roster is going to have little change over because you have most of your base talent filled  , going for known talent cheaply is more likely to impact your roster currently.  You can’t keep the same Old thinking of stocking late round draft picks for the future while holes in the current roster prevent you from a title NOW!  Bills are not filling roster spots NOW with cheap 6 th round picks.  They are also 6 th round picks for a reason.  Unlikely to even make the future roster. Not talking about giving up early picks like first two rounds.

It’s a no brainer to give a 6th for a guy like Ingram. Not sure I would have given up what LA did with their move for the DE from Denver, but their d roster is arguably better than ours and adding to Donald and Ramsey while the Rams look like a possible one seed makes a lot of sense. Have to look at each move individually and I bet that move pays off.    Why shoikd the Bills hold onto some “ potential pick” for the 2022 season when you have o line and Arguably still issues getting sacks when everyone is touting how you are a Super Bowl contender THIS YEAR?  We are almost a shoo-in for our division and trying to land a 1 seed with a bye and home field advantage. How  many years does that scenario set up?  Heck, The pats and the others could make big moves by next year and suddenly we are in a battle for the wild card , not the #1 seed!  My point is make a move for THIS SCENARIO THIS YEAR BEcause it is so unique.  Also just as likely for a street FA to make the roster as a 6 th round pick is with our roster.  🤔😊

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

If you think this team is primed for a SB, you are delusional.

Those ratings are a product of the opponents they played.

I bring this point up in just about every thread but if it’s not us in the super bowl as the afc representative explain who it is and why…pre Derrick Henry injury you could certainly make a case for the titans since they beat us but that was after big back to back road games so even with him I think we’d be the favorite in a rematch . Ravens maybe? They’ve got a lot of injuries and we haven’t had much trouble slowing down Lamar in the past. Chargers haven’t looked great the past few weeks 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

The guy looks washed up.

He has one sack on the year and the Steelers had benched him against the Browns.

He had seen reduced playing time in the previous 2 games.

Maybe the Steelers are on to something because they started winning again ;)

I don't think this move will do much for the Chiefs.  It's good for Ingram, he'll get more playing time. 

He's not the same post knee injury.  There's no thrust and diminished lateral movement.  Either the leg is arthritic or weak yet.  Also, just like shoulders with linemen, if there's one bad knee, the other is probably on borrowed time from the same forces and repetitive hits.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.