Washington Football team looking to trade for Trubisky per Chris Trapasso tweet - tweet later deleted

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree to a point.  But, if Josh goes down for any extended period of time the Super Bowl is probably out of the question anyways.   If you can move Trubisky for Scherff or Curtis Samuel and a pick Id be fine with it.

Why would we take Curtis Samuel? WR is the last thing we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I like having Trubisky for insurance in case Allen gets hurt. 

regular season with Josh set to return, yes.

postseason, do we really think Mitch could win it all for us? I did just posit this to a friend who said he thinks Mitch could absolutely win us one. I remain highly skeptical. Would take a hell of a run. 

5 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Trubisky for fitz and a draft pick?

I actually think this deal makes a ton of sense. Fitz is hurt rn but he loves Buffalo, he’s going to be the backup regardless if he’s in Buffalo or Washington and Washington gets a QB they can see if he can be their future. Bills get backup insurance plus a mid round pick for their troubles 

Just now, Nineforty said:

regular season with Josh set to return, yes.

postseason, do we really think Mitch could win it all for us? I did just posit this to a friend who said he thinks Mitch could absolutely win us one. I remain highly skeptical. Would take a hell of a run. 

We need Allen for the playoffs and to win the Super Bowl. Mitch could definitely keep things rolling in the regular season.

Trubisky to KC for Mahomes?

He would be on our team, but we could still make fun of him for being a back up.  

"Pat...PAT!  Josh needs some Gatorade, buddy!  If you're not doing anything how about ya chase one down for him?!"

It is a tremendous waste of money and not even doable, but possibly worth it just for the snark.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I like having Trubisky for insurance in case Allen gets hurt. 

I'm sure that was the reason he was signed - the Bills were an erg or two away from losing Josh Allen for 3-4 games last season (and perhaps could have gotten better play from a good backup).  We wound up splitting those games, 2-2.  You want a backup who could at least do the same.

The year the Eagles won the Superbowl, they had a good backup.

On the other hand...if Washington could trade us a quality piece that would put us over the top in exchange for a quality piece that would help them, Fair.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

That's a "season lost" IMO.

Superbowl or bust this year. 

I could be wrong,  but I think Greg S means we would still win enough games to make the playoffs and have a shot at the Superbowl when Allen comes back (as opposed to missing the playoffs and sitting on the sofa come January) 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.