Washington Football team looking to trade for Trubisky per Chris Trapasso tweet - tweet later deleted

CorkScrewHill

2 minutes ago, skibum said:

Trubisky is a great insurance policy, and there is nobody else on the roster to fill that role. They would need to get Fitz in return, and I can't see Beane making a trade without improving the team for this year's playoff run, so any deal would also have to bring another player back to Buffalo. Preferably an interior OL.

Why would he trade Trubisky for a pick unless they were out of the playoff mix? If anything, Beane should be sending picks with Trubisky to get a nice return for this year's playoff run. I'm thinking Mitch plus a day 3 pick for Fitz plus a Guard. 

Yep.  I'd like to believe we're building a dynasty.    

But we've never even once won a Super Bowl.  So if there's a chance this year to make a run, we need to do it.   In other words, if anything, we should look to gain assets, not lose  them.  Trubisky may never play a down for the Bills.  But, man o' man, it would suck if our run this year was torpedoed by an Allen injury and we didn't have a viable backup.  

I don't think we should be trading away assets this year, and I definitely don't want to see Trubisky traded away.  We can win a playoff game or two with Trubisky under center IMO -- obviously he's a big step down from Allen, but I wouldn't mind our chances if we had to start him in a WC against the Browns or somesuch.  

Unless we're just completely bending Washington over -- and this is Dan Snyder we're talking about so it's not like that's out of the question or anything -- don't do it.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, without a drought said:

They should get a comp pick after he signs somewhere else for next season, so they probably get a 3rd if he stays. Hard to imagine a trade being worth it for little overall return and having no insurance against a Josh injury.

Probably not a comp pick. We usually pick up several high quality FA, who want to come here and work on short term, not super expensive contracts.  We would have to "neutralie" or counterweight all those before they would think about a comp pick for us.

44 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We send them Mitch. They take on all of Brandon Scherffs contract and we have an all pro guard.  Make it so. 

It has to be a deal for a player that will help THIS season.  Don’t trade Mitch for a worthless 4th or 5th round pick 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, without a drought said:

They should get a comp pick after he signs somewhere else for next season, so they probably get a 3rd if he stays. Hard to imagine a trade being worth it for little overall return and having no insurance against a Josh injury.

It’s not certain but definitely possible, considering that the Bills won’t have as much cap space to sign FA’s.  Pretty sure this was part of the reason why Beane’ signed him

This actually makes a ton of sense all the way around.  And I’m sure Mitch is tired of holding a clipboard.  He got his reset.  An extra 2-3 months of being a backup probably overkill for him.  I’m sure he’s ready to ball again and there’s a fair amount of teams who’d play him the rest of the season.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.