Get ready...we also called on Von Miller

Hebert19

1 minute ago, jletha said:

Being the 1 seed is a huge advantage now, and we are in the drivers seat to get it with the Henry injury. Make a move now to ensure it, even if its a bit of an over pay IMO.

Bills vs Ravens for the #1 seed. Maybe the Bengals and Raiders join the party but I think it comes down to BUF and BAL.

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Bills vs Ravens for the #1 seed. Maybe the Bengals and Raiders join the party but I think it comes down to BUF and BAL.

Ravens schedule is much harder than ours. Was going to be the Titans, could still be, but without Henry is going to be tough.

19 minutes ago, jletha said:

Ravens schedule is much harder than ours. Was going to be the Titans, could still be, but without Henry is going to be tough.

I think the Titans are in trouble. They probably will still win their division but losing Henry is a devastating blow. Not only does the run game get much weaker but it hurts their passing game as well. Teams will tee off on Tannehill now without the threat of Henry running the ball down their throats.

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

Yet they dump for today and save for tomorrow. 

49 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Yes, knowing that Miller only has this year left on his contract. "Soon" for the Broncos is as "soon" as they get a real QB.  Which isn't this year barring some miracle on the Watson front today.

So it likely just came down to who cared less about their draft picks.  And when the Rams are involved, they're gonna win that every time.

They would still want him out of the AFC, all things being equal.  I can see the Bills offering a late 2nd and 3rd.

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

They would still want him out of the AFC, all things being equal.  I can see the Bills offering a late 2nd and 3rd.

I mean maybe.  Denver doesn't play Buffalo this year and Miller's a UFA at the end of the year so really they aren't dictating much.  He could easily play out the season for the Rams and sign with the Chiefs in March.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I don't disagree but o/line play depends on the cohesion of the unit. A freak pass rusher doesn't.

Our Oline changes every other week.  Cohesion is over rated.

19 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Calling it now. LAR trades Von Miller to the Bills for two 4th round picks. 

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe they do want him out, idk……but why would they care?  They aren’t making the playoffs this year, so he won’t be in competition with them.  He’s a free agent after the season.  Him playing in the afc for the remainder of a lost season for Denver is petty.  Imo, Denver took the best deal, regardless of conference.  If they took a lesser deal because they didn’t want him in the afc, their gm should be fired

In the last 3 drafts we have dedicated our top pick in each to DL/DE. Plus Basham in the 2nd and Philips in the 3rd. Throwing a 2nd and a 3rd at a one year rental for Miller seems like an over allocation or resources for the production we are getting. (although improved this year)

I am glad this didn't work. A second and a third would cost us upgrades at OL and or CB. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.