A Few Thoughts about the Dolphins Game (Part II), in no particular order

Virgil

39 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Doesn't Josh have some history with Wilkins specifically? I am not sure but I feel there was something in the past.

IIRC, Wilkins was ejected in one of the games against us in his rookie year, though I don't remember exactly why. 

21 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

IIRC, Wilkins was ejected in one of the games against us in his rookie year, though I don't remember exactly why. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=christian+wilkins+tossed+from+game&oq=christian+wilkins+tossed+from+ga&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i160l3j33i299.19256j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Wilkins threw a punch

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

Somewhere between the drought and today, we all got a little spoiled. 

Spoiled!!??

WFT u talking about Willis? 😆 

When it’s 3rd and 15

I don’t have to sit and hope he can make the play 😎 

I know he CAN make the play more often than not

The first half was a Trick

The second half was a Treat 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

I wish I had time and knew more about O-line play because there was a distinct difference in performance between first and second half. The play calls seemed similar yet both the run and pass blocking were better.  Maybe they just played better or maybe it was a scheme change. Either way nice adjustment.

Refs missed calls both ways. They missed Pass Interference on White and they called hands to the face on their d-lineman when he was lifting shoulder pad not helmet.

The punter is a problem.  He's not good at anything.  He doesn't have a strong leg, shanks as many as Bojo did, and he hasn't bee that good at pinning teams deep.  Bad signing so far.

Hughes was a beast. Oliver had one of his best games. Allen was great at times but still missed Sanders deep with a ball with no arc. All QBs miss from time to time and Allen has shown more deep ball accuracy this year. You just wish he would consistently put some air under the ball and let our WRs make a play.  Nitpicking I know but that was another missed TD.

One more thing. Lofton kept saying they were playing zero coverage with no safety. To me that is when you play man coverage and blitz your safety. Looked to me they were playing four quarters with four DBs lined up about 12 yards off the LOS.  What did others see?

I have an out of town friend who is a Dolphins fan and basically he is starting to feel about the Bills the way we felt about the Patriots for so long...

You expect two automatic L's on the schedule when it comes out and expect at least one to be a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I wish I had time and knew more about O-line play because there was a distinct difference in performance between first and second half. The play calls seemed similar yet both the run and pass blocking were better.  Maybe they just played better or maybe it was a scheme change. Either way nice adjustment.

Refs missed calls both ways. They missed Pass Interference on White and they called hands to the face on their d-lineman when he was lifting shoulder pad not helmet.

The punter is a problem.  He's not good at anything.  He doesn't have a strong leg, shanks as many as Bojo did, and he hasn't bee that good at pinning teams deep.  Bad signing so far.

Hughes was a beast. Oliver had one of his best games. Allen was great at times but still missed Sanders deep with a ball with no arc. All QBs miss from time to time and Allen has shown more deep ball accuracy this year. You just wish he would consistently put some air under the ball and let our WRs make a play.  Nitpicking I know but that was another missed TD.

One more thing. Lofton kept saying they were playing zero coverage with no safety. To me that is when you play man coverage and blitz your safety. Looked to me they were playing four quarters with four DBs lined up about 12 yards off the LOS.  What did others see?

They mixed more single high and zero coverage in as the game progressed. Beasley’s resurgence forced their hand. 

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

100%.  He makes every punt look a lot closer than it should be and then when he does get it off the adventure continues.  When he was brought in this offseason we were told about his prowess for pinning teams deep, but I haven't noticed him being substantially better than other punters so far in that regard.  I did hear it mentioned that McBeane liked the idea of special teams continuity and they have Bass, Haack and Ferguson all signed through the next three years, so hopefully we aren't stuck with pisspoor punting for another two and a half seasons just for the sake of a consistent holder...

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

10 - The Bad Guys? - We've been at the bottom of the league and disrespected for so long, that it's strange to think of other teams hating our smugness.  Seeing Allen waiving goodbye to Dolphins defenders caught me in the moment.  I've seen him spin the ball at defenders or flex his arms out, but it usually seemed like him hyped up in the moment.  In this case, I will admit that Josh was taunting.

There’s a saying in politics, but it’s true in sports too: “The party (team) in power is always smug and arrogant;

the party (team) not in power is always insane.”

Let’s be honest: the Pats did cheat a little, but their dominance over us (and the rest of the NFL) did make us all a little nuts. Everything was unfair, a cheat, rigged by the NFL. and we hated their arrogance. Just say the names: Brady. Welker. Gronk. Edelman. 
Haha. The shoe’s on the other foot now, so let’s enjoy the kicking we give the rest of the league. 
Nicely done as always, Virgil. Enjoy the Taming of the Jaguars! Just don’t be (too) smug ….

2 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Allen waving bye — to a team we’ve dominated for four years — did not sit well on me. I’m sure that defender legit caused him to do it. But reserve that for a team that has bullied us, like the Titans or Chiefs.

It happens in the moment, based on what's going down on the field.

You don't plan ahead of time who you're gonna talk smack to. If you're doing that, then you're already losing.

34 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

100%.  He makes every punt look a lot closer than it should be and then when he does get it off the adventure continues.  When he was brought in this offseason we were told about his prowess for pinning teams deep, but I haven't noticed him being substantially better than other punters so far in that regard.  I did hear it mentioned that McBeane liked the idea of special teams continuity and they have Bass, Haack and Ferguson all signed through the next three years, so hopefully we aren't stuck with pisspoor punting for another two and a half seasons just for the sake of a consistent holder...

I want to see them draft a punter in the later rounds next year.  Haack is terrible.  I'd rather have Bojo and that says a lot.

33 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I want to see them draft a punter in the later rounds next year.  Haack is terrible.  I'd rather have Bojo and that says a lot.

no way, bojo can't hold- the packers are missing kicks left and right with him. the coach basically called out bojo 2 weeks ago after all the missed kicks in cincy.

his punting is not where it needs to be but he is money on holds. 3pts

4 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Allen waving bye — to a team we’ve dominated for four years — did not sit well on me. I’m sure that defender legit caused him to do it. But reserve that for a team that has bullied us, like the Titans or Chiefs.

its the fish dude. we are sworn and mortal enemies. i want to beat the ***** out of them every time we play and rub it in. we should hate their guts with everything weve got.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.