MNF - Giants at Chiefs 8:15 ESPN

ngbills

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Actually family practice and urgent care , so that covers just about any field to some extent.  This iPad Pro is convenient but it really does take liberties with autocorrect. 😀😂

In that case I'm just going to assume that humble penis is that medical condition where you can't relieve yourself into the trough because everyone is watching. As I recall, the therapeutic involved more beer.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't have a lot of time this morning for work reasons so one reflection for you.....

The biggest issue with the Chiefs offense last night was Patrick Mahomes. Even watching the condensed game on GamePass on my commute this morning I was rewatching plays where he was drifting out of the pocket and holding the ball looking for kill shots when there was a clean pocket and open guys for him underneath. He is mentally way off at the moment. If KC hadn't been able to establish a decent run game with Williams and Gore they lose this game. Yes, his weapons beyond hill and Kelce are not great. Pringle and Robinson are JAGs, Hardman is a gadget player only. But when Mahomes just stood in the pocket, executed his read and got the ball out it looked like the KC offense from last year. The throw to Kelce where he ended up fumbling it was a classic example.  Mahomes takes the snap, reads the coverage gets the ball out on time and has Kelce for a nice gain (he has to hold onto the ball). Why he isn't doing that more often I have no idea. He is making his pass protection look worse than it is by drifting into areas of the field that the blocking scheme is not designed to protect. That was just flat out bad.

Who would have thought?…..State Farm Guy is now a liability.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't have a lot of time this morning for work reasons so one reflection for you.....

The biggest issue with the Chiefs offense last night was Patrick Mahomes. Even watching the condensed game on GamePass on my commute this morning I was rewatching plays where he was drifting out of the pocket and holding the ball looking for kill shots when there was a clean pocket and open guys for him underneath. He is mentally way off at the moment. If KC hadn't been able to establish a decent run gamNe with Williams and Gore they lose this game. Yes, his weapons beyond hill and Kelce are not great. Pringle and Robinson are JAGs, Hardman is a gadget player only. But when Mahomes just stood in the pocket, executed his read and got the ball out it looked like the KC offense from last year. The throw to Kelce where he ended up fumbling it was a classic example.  Mahomes takes the snap, reads the coverage gets the ball out on time and has Kelce for a nice gain (he has to hold onto the ball). Why he isn't doing that more often I have no idea. He is making his pass protection look worse than it is by drifting into areas of the field that the blocking scheme is not designed to protect. That was just flat out bad.

It looked to me like the biggest issue with Mahomes was on 3rd and long.  They would also find a way to convert those in the past.  Now, he looks hesitant.  It's as if he turns into Tyrod Taylor and will hold the ball and only throw to guys who are wide open.

5 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Here's a quote from Patrick, the bolded part I could never see Josh or a number of other top tier QBs saying:

"We can move the ball on pretty much every coverage," Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said. "We have answers for every [defense]. But you've seen it every game pretty much that there's been times when we stall out or we don't execute or I throw the ball and I don't hit the right spot or the receiver doesn't see it the same way I do or penalties or turnovers."

every bad game Josh has had he always says things like "I need to be better" or "this is on me." he never groups in the team with the loss, he rarely uses the word "We" after a loss, it's always "me." The "We" stuff comes after wins not L's.

Absolutely. And it’s not the first time he has run his mouth like that, notably after last years championship game. Allen would never do that. Would take it upon himself or the team as a whole, but no specific player or position group. Allen clearly has better intangibles and that actually counts for something, sometimes quite a lot when it comes to team chemistry. Mahomes looks to have regressed to training camp 2018. At least he got paid.

Chiefs aren’t going anywhere with that D. They are still a dangerous team but it’s starting to look like only any given Sunday dangerous. TB figured them out. Drop the safeties, take away the big play and the Chiefs are just not good enough to sustain long drives consistently enuf. And I suspect it’s only going to get worse this year as the season progresses all other things being equal. I’m actually a little surprised that it took as long as it did for opposing DCs to adjust.

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

Mahomes has a GIANT ego in case anyone has missed that previously. He was bragging about the team aiming for 20-0 this year before the season started. It’s been great watching him struggle and lose games this year. I hope they keep right on struggling and losing. 

Madden curse still playing a role!?  Lol! 

I think that the problem with Mahomes may be that because of his great early success on a team loaded with offensive talent he simply hasn't mastered many of the QB skills he needs for success now that there's less offensive talent around him.  His own raw talent and the talent around him masked Mahomes' shortcomings, but now they are starting to surface.    His problems seem to stem from recognizing coverages and decision making which are common problems from QBs much earlier in their careers as starters.   He doesn't seem to be able to find alternatives to his first or second receiver choices nor to have the patience to throw underneath coverage -- he's always looking to make the big play even if it's not available.

5 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Well the guy on twitters ticket hit for 125k

Bet 1000 at 125x that Mike white would lead the league in passing yards in week 8

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/32528020/bettor-wins-125k-mike-white-career-week

OK, which TBD poster mysteriously started posting from the Lanai Four Seasons today??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.