Chris Lindstrom, OG, Falcons, should be the target.

Estro

This guy checks all the boxes as a trade candidate:

- young

- inexpensive 

- has another cheap yr. left after this yr.

- very talented @ a position of need

- the Falcons stink & could perhaps be convinced into selling off assets.

The reason a deal like this doesn't happen is if the Falcobs decide they are going to blow it up this offseason, as they should, they'd probably want to keep good, young OL around.

It would take a big offer, perhaps a 2nd and 4th rounder, which I'm still not sure would be enough to entice the Falcons, but it'd be a big get for the Bills.

Dawkins-Lindstrom-Morse-Williams-Brown

& then in this coming years draft you go get Lindstroms younger brother, Alec, who's supposedly a pretty good C prospect.

Lindstrom plays RG with the Falcons so you'd have to figure out who shifts Ober to LG between he and Williams.  I realize that's not an easy transition, but it'd still be a big upgrade over what we currently have.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Estro said:

This guy checks all the boxes as a trade candidate:

- young

- inexpensive 

- has another cheap yr. left after this yr.

- very talented @ a position of need

- the Falcons stink & could perhaps be convinced into selling off assets.

The reason a deal like this doesn't happen is if the Falcobs decide they are going to blow it up this offseason, as they should, they'd probably want to keep good, young OL around.

It would take a big offer, perhaps a 2nd and 4th rounder, which I'm still not sure would be enough to entice the Falcons, but it'd be a big get for the Bills.

Dawkins-Lindstrom-Morse-Williams-Brown

& then in this coming years draft you go get Lindstroms younger brother, Alec, who's supposedly a pretty good C prospect.

Lindstrom plays RG with the Falcons so you'd have to figure out who shifts Ober to LG between he and Williams.  I realize that's not an easy transition, but it'd still be a big upgrade over what we currently have.

I like the thought process

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, @GunnerBill, @John from Riverside, what are your thoughts on Will Hernandez?

Loved him coming out of UTEP.  I remember the incognito comparisons and it showed on his college tape.  Was big and nasty.  

that said, I can’t claim that I’ve watched any tape of him in the pros.  I really have no clue how he’s been playing.  I’m sure he’s better than Mongo.  So are you

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Why would Falcons do it if he is good and has one more year on rookie contract?

Does this matter?  lol   

I even saw Quentin Nelson's name mentioned here in the last few days.  Some people don't give much thought prior to throwing names out there.

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

Does this matter?  lol   

I even saw Quentin Nelson's name mentioned here in the last few days.  Some people don't give much thought prior to throwing names out there.

He is a beast.  He almost put Edmunds in the first row of the stands in the playoff game last year.  He reminds me of a young Incognito with a much better head on his shoulder.

10 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

He is a beast.  He almost put Edmunds in the first row of the stands in the playoff game last year.  He reminds me of a young Incognito with a much better head on his shoulder.

Yes he is.  So why would the Colts trade him? Or is it a Jedi mind trick that Beane uses when talking with other GM's? 😂

Bad teams are not trading young, talented starters on their rookie deals.  A more realistic type of player to get is a veteran guy who can still play but is on the downside of his career.  It makes sense for a bad team to move on from the veteran so they can give a younger guy a chance to play and develop, shed some salary (if not this year, then next), and obtain some assets.  The Von Miller of guards.  The Jerry Hughes of guards (if the Bills were a bad team).  What guards fill this profile?  I have no idea, but I suspect that many on this board do.  Does Norwell fit that profile?

Edited by msw2112

41 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, @GunnerBill, @John from Riverside, what are your thoughts on Will Hernandez?

Liked him coming out but his best year in the league was as a rook. He is a FA after this year and the Giants are not bringing him back so they might take a late pick for him if they lose tonight and the season is dead. As a 7th that becomes a conditional 5th if he is still a Bill and plays 75% of the snaps in 2022 I would be for it. Shot to nothing.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Bad teams are not trading young, talented starters on their rookie deals.  A more realistic type of player to get is a veteran guy who can still play but is on the downside of his career.  It makes sense for a bad team to move on from the veteran so they can give a younger guy a chance to play and develop, shed some salary (if not this year, then next), and obtain some assets.  The Von Miller of guards.  What guards fill this profile?  I have no idea, but I suspect that many on this board do.  Does Norwell fit that profile?

I agree with what you are saying generally .. however OL is a bit different though to trading a Von Miller...

The Jags have put their franchise on the back of their rookie QB.. he needs to be kept upright and playing. and developing.. so not sure why they would trade away their best OL for a third or fourth rounder as has been suggested here.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Bad teams are not trading young, talented starters on their rookie deals.  A more realistic type of player to get is a veteran guy who can still play but is on the downside of his career.  It makes sense for a bad team to move on from the veteran so they can give a younger guy a chance to play and develop, shed some salary (if not this year, then next), and obtain some assets.  The Von Miller of guards.  The Jerry Hughes of guards (if the Bills were a bad team).  What guards fill this profile?  I have no idea, but I suspect that many on this board do.  Does Norwell fit that profile?

You are correct and yes, Norwell does. But the problem with those guys on good vet deals is the Bills fitting them under the cap this year. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree with what you are saying generally .. however OL is a bit different though to trading a Von Miller...

The Jags have put their franchise on the back of their rookie QB.. he needs to be kept upright and playing. and developing.. so not sure why they would trade away their best OL for a third or fourth rounder as has been suggested here.

You have heard of Trent Baalke, right?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You are correct and yes, Norwell does. But the problem with those guys on good vet deals is the Bills fitting them under the cap this year. 

You have heard of Trent Baalke, right?

Can't we in theory do what Rams just did? Overpay on picks so Jags will eat all his salary this year so we only pay 700k like them?

Not sure if it can be done with his contract and not sure what would his 2022 cap hit be (which is also relevant to us). 13.000.000?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.