If we trade for a RB, who would you want?

Milanos Milano

Trade for a RB   

113 members have voted

1. 1. What RB would you trade for?

• Saquon Barkley
    • CMC
    • D’Andre Swift
    • Other RB, please specify
    • No trade for RB, roll with Singletary and Moss

47 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why would it be unrealistic? He is due for a contract in 2 years, and they might not want to sign him to a new contract. It doesn’t hurt to ask. We are ready for a SB right now, and Saquon would be the missing piece. We can worry about the contract mess next year after we win the super bowl with him this year. It would be worth it. 

He's only a missing piece if he's on the field.  He's missing another game tonight.  Remember what a great acquisition Sean Merriman was?  

56 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think we are a start RB from being nearly unstoppable on offense. What would you do given we are nearly built for a super bowl run already. 

I’ll trade for the running back that will look best getting stacked up at the LOS 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I’ll trade for the running back that will look best getting stacked up at the LOS 

That would be Barkley. 

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's only a missing piece if he's on the field.  He's missing another game tonight.  Remember what a great acquisition Sean Merriman was?  

Our team is much much further along than the Merriman piece. We just need another guard and a star RB. 

Some of you live in fantasy land too much. This isn’t the NBA or MLB where blockbuster trades happen at the deadline. 
Teams will surely deal some aging vets on the last year of their deal for picks. But most teams are not out of the playoff hunt and are not going to unload young elite talent, and that seems to be what most expect. And Beane will probably catch some hate cause he didn’t make a blockbuster deal. In reality there are very few players actually on the trade block despite the rumor mill that swirls yearly 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Some of you live in fantasy land too much. This isn’t the NBA or MLB where blockbuster trades happen at the deadline. 
Teams will surely deal some aging vets on the last year of their deal for picks. But most teams are not out of the playoff hunt and are not going to unload young elite talent, and that seems to be what most expect. And Beane will probably catch some hate cause he didn’t make a blockbuster deal. In reality there are very few players actually on the trade block despite the rumor mill that swirls yearly 

LOL tell that to the rams with Von Miller. Good teams find a way to get better. No more excuses. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

The Rams traded for Von Miller today. I don’t care what other teams are doing. If you can get a guy that can put us in the super bowl, go do it. These draft picks will have a hard enough time making our roster in the first place.

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL tell that to the rams with Von Miller. Good teams find a way to get better. No more excuses. 

You clearly did not read what I said. 
Aging vets on the last years or their deal. You can beat your drum all you want but almost every player you want is NOT available. 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Rams traded for Von Miller today. I don’t care what other teams are doing. If you can get a guy that can put us in the super bowl, go do it. These draft picks will have a hard enough time making our roster in the first place.

As I said above, aging vets on the last year of their deals may be available. Not young elite talent. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

You clearly did not read what I said. 
Aging vets on the last years or their deal. You can beat your drum all you want but almost every player you want is NOT available. 

Everyone has a price. The problem is Beane isn’t willing to make big boy deals. That’s his problem. In order to hit the next level, you have to be willing to go out on a limb. He’s afraid because he doesn’t want to whiff and be put in a predicament. Our team just doesn’t have enough to talent to beat a team like TB or the rams because of the line battles. We need to trade for a OG and a RB that is better than what we have. The RBs available in the draft this year or in FA are not good enough. 

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone has a price. The problem is Beane isn’t willing to make big boy deals. That’s his problem. In order to hit the next level, you have to be willing to go out on a limb. He’s afraid because he doesn’t want to whiff and be put in a predicament. Our team just doesn’t have enough to talent to beat a team like TB or the rams because of the line battles. We need to trade for a OG and a RB that is better than what we have. The RBs available in the draft this year or in FA are not good enough. 

Please tell me how many trade deadline deals that actually made an impact the last 20 years? Guys under 30 years old? It doesn’t work in the NFL and you can’t blame Beane for teams not wanting to part with talent. 
And just to be clear, that New Orleans team yesterday sure as heck didn’t have enough talent to beat Tampa, and they did. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Swift.  

He’s immediately our primary back.  Allows Moss to be what he should be, the rotational back.  Swift is also a great receiving back, giving Josh another threat in the passing game. 

Moss would more likely be snapless or inactive...

What happened to Phillip Lindsey? If the Texans don't want him, he could be a cheap option. He's always been super quick at hitting the hole and getting upfield with top speed to separate.

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Goodfellas GIF

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Barry Sanders couldn’t run behind this offensive line

You sir are 100% correct. RBs are a dime a dozen. There's no way we're getting a CMC/Dalvin Cook/Kamara type and even they wouldn't succeed much with this offense

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can’t blame Singletary for running into the back of Mitch Morse because Morse is getting pushed 5 yds into the backfield or because Feliciano is getting beat like a drum. I think both Motor/Moss can be capable backs with better, more physical linemen 

Wait until he has to go against Vita Vea. Yikes

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.