If we trade for a RB, who would you want?

Milanos Milano

Trade for a RB   

113 members have voted

1. 1. What RB would you trade for?

• Saquon Barkley
    • CMC
    • D’Andre Swift
    • Other RB, please specify
    • No trade for RB, roll with Singletary and Moss

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I love some Bills bashing.  Not really.  I find it weird.  It's almost neurotic here. I hate to break you all some bad news.  These ranking came out yesterday.  Read em & weep. Get angry!   Bills at #5.  Yeah I now.  PFN sucks and only we know our line ***** sucks.  I think they are a little over rated here? and more like average.  But the narrative that a RB cant run behind this line is garbage. 

The Bills are the first of five teams on this list to rank inside the top 10 both in terms of the run and pass game. They are a marginally better unit against the run compared to the pass, but they’ve been solid this season in both.

Their numbers in the passing game are somewhat elevated by the escapability and mobility of Josh Allen. Nevertheless, it’s clear on tape that the OL has stepped up significantly from last season.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-in-the-nfl-ranked-for-2021/

We. Have. To. Have . A. Whipping. Boy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

why would we trade for another RB??? Have you all seen our guys run block?

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

They’re not going to trade for a running back just like they didn’t draft one when half the fan base thought for sure they were definitely going to spend a high round pick on a running back despite picking Singletary and Moss in the third in back to back years. The problem doesn’t fall on those guys. It falls on the OL up front for not getting a consistent push and opening up lanes for them. Both backs have exceptional vision, that’s one of my favorite things about them. Both guys are very good at finding the crease and punching through it. The problem is that every other handoff these dudes are being tackled the moment they get the ball. I also wonder if it’s scheme a little bit as well. Daboll is a very clever and creative play designer but I feel like he can be inconsistent as a play caller. Sometimes it feels like he’s determined to make something work despite the opponent shutting it down play after play. “We’re gonna pound the rock inside!” Opposing defense: lol no you’re not, you tried eleven times already and you’ve got four yards. 

With our o line I dont think we will ever be a run first team. I think we are more what we saw against dolphins 4th quarter, dice you up on short passes, then once the defense is spread out run the occasional draw or qb sneak to bring up the lbs then go back to dicing with our dangerous recievers.

But I still stand by activating brieda against the jags, give him some screens and dump offs and see how he does and see if josh likes it. Brieda has home run ability, moss and Singletary have to run over people they can't out run anyone. If brieda is terrible then at least we know and it's against the jags and we move on.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

He's the new TJ Yeldon.

I hope not, brieda at least has blazing speed. I feel like the passes I've seen go to moss, alot of the passes he has open feild, imagine if instead of moss you have the fastest guy on the feild with the ball in his hands with space. I could be wrong and he's terrible but who cares if he's bad for 1 game against the jags, just send him back to inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I went with these 3 RBs, because I think given those teams situation, they would be the most “realistic” option. 

We can always address this in the draft next year. There are no good RBs in the draft this year and no good FAs. 

I honestly don’t know how anyone could choose just continue to roll with Singletary and Moss, they are terrible. 

Why address a dire position of need next year when our SB window is open right now? We are considered by most to be the best in the AFC. We should be trying to acquire G's to open holes for our current RB's and keeping Josh off his back and running for his life.

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Melvin Gordon and it isn't close.  

At least of the realistic options.  

Sure I'd want CMC or Aaron Jones but...

I've seen a lot of Gordon this year, and he does have plenty left in the tank. He's not a speedburner but he's got more speed to get outside than either Singletary or Moss, and he's also more skilled in the passing game than either of them. And the Broncos really should be willing to take whatever they can get for him at this point. Not a thrilling acquisition, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've seen a lot of Gordon this year, and he does have plenty left in the tank. He's not a speedburner but he's got more speed to get outside than either Singletary or Moss, and he's also more skilled in the passing game than either of them. And the Broncos really should be willing to take whatever they can get for him at this point. Not a thrilling acquisition, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

Isn't Gordon a fumbler?

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I went with these 3 RBs, because I think given those teams situation, they would be the most “realistic” option. 

We can always address this in the draft next year. There are no good RBs in the draft this year and no good FAs. 

I honestly don’t know how anyone could choose just continue to roll with Singletary and Moss, they are terrible. 

That's the thing ... they're not. They're solid to good, but not great. You don't get a 5.1 YPC by being terrible, you simply don't, and they're both really really good pass blockers, which the Bills greatly value for the obvious reason.

People seem to want a top five RB, and that's a misuse of resources. We're not going to run an RB enough to make it worth paying huge $ for one or using big draft capital on one.

We need a guard, maybe a CB, much more than we need an RB. A lot more.

Edited by Thurman#1

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

Swift.  

He’s immediately our primary back.  Allows Moss to be what he should be, the rotational back.  Swift is also a great receiving back, giving Josh another threat in the passing game. 

The Lions aren't trading Swift. I don't know why anyone thinks he would be available. He's a young and talented player on the 2nd year of his rookie deal.

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Lions aren't trading Swift. I don't know why anyone thinks he would be available. He's a young and talented player on the 2nd year of his rookie deal.

Oh, I agree - Simply picking from the options, as he'd be a home run back for us.   Do I think he'd be available?... No chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.