Feliciano injured - week to week

5 Wide

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The reasoning that some of the local media have given is that they don't want to risk him to injury since he's the only real backup center option we have. (Although that's where Felciano has also played in the past).

That's just stupid logic.  So, if Bates really is our 3rd (we're assuming the 2 starts are interchangeable & they're the best guards) best option, keeping him on the bnech for the scenario of Bates getting hurt THEN Morse gets hurt?

Geez, by that logic, shouldn't we keep Allen safe, cuz if he gets hurt, then Trubisky gets hurt that leaves us w/ only Davis Webb?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Not rooting for injury... But this is very good news for the Bills. I have very little faith that McDermott would have made the move to bench him. 

It is what it is. 

Last season, the OL did seem to improve when he came back.  But perhaps playing better than Brian Winters at RG may not be the highest of high bars.

I'm not gonna say it's "good news" for the Bills until/unless we know for sure that someone better will replace him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last season, the OL did seem to improve when he came back.  But I guess playing better than Brian Winters may not be the highest of high bars.

That’s exactly it. The line was struggling last year until he came back.  

he has been much worse this year, no doubt. But I just worry that the alternatives are, as people are suggesting Ike or signing Forrest— not really going to be the upgrade people want. 

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That’s exactly it. The line was struggling last year until he came back.  

he has been much worse this year, no doubt. But I just worry that the alternatives are, as people are suggesting Ike or signing Forrest— not really going to be the upgrade people want. 

I'm not ready to say he's worse this year.  But last season, he struggled against the best DLmen -  he must send Father's Day cards to Chris Jones and Cam Heyward.  He was OK against others.  I believe the thought was with a full offseason to strengthen and condition, he'd improve - and that has not happened, either with Feliciano or with Ford.

I know 76 brings a lot of fire and hype but yeah, he’s had some real rough stretches this season. Unfortunately, I don’t think Ike has done all that much better. He got walked into the backfield a couple times yesterday. I’ve seen some others mention Ryan Bates, and I’ve also wondered why they haven’t bothered giving him a go at guard. I understand they view him as their backup center and I wonder if they’re getting him prepared to eventually take over for Morse. And not that I think Morse has been bad, but I’m also not sure he’s been good enough to justify his salary right now. They must think Bates has a shot to become a long term starter for them at some point. They traded for him and he’s made the roster outright these last few seasons. 

I also wonder how Dawkins is doing. He’s probably not in the best shape after his COVID ordeal, takes a while to truly recover from that, especially for athletes. I like Williams at RG and Brown at RT, even though he’ll surely take his lumps as the season goes on. 

I doubt they go trading for a guard, or really anyone…

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Is the drop off from Feliciano to Ike Boettger that drastic?

Well, if there is a measurable drop off, then it’s s real problem now isn’t it,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not ready to say he's worse this year.  But last season, he struggled against the best DLmen -  he must send Father's Day cards to Chris Jones and Cam Heyward.  He was OK against others.  I believe the thought was with a full offseason to strengthen and condition, he'd improve - and that has not happened, either with Feliciano or with Ford.

i have said this before, but our interior Oline is serviceable. They are going to get beat against elite Dlinemen (Chris Jones, Hayward, and yesterday Raekwon Davis); they will be meh enough against everyone else. 

The problem is that all the playoff teams seem to have those Beastly interior d-linemen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Worst starter at any position in the entire league in 2021.

Can we please keep a grip?  (I know, probably too much to ask)

On a per-game basis, Bills are still leading the league in PF (32.7 ppg) and 4th (I believe) in YPG with >400 ypg.

That just doesn't happen, even with Mr. Prestidigitation back there under center, if 1/5 of the OL is the "worst starter at any position in the entire league"

2 hours ago, 5 Wide said:

Calf strain per McDermott.  Ike gets his shot to sturdy up the LG spot for the foreseeable future.

That's gonna depend upon how Brown's back injury progresses, I assume.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I have nothing against Feliciano as a person, but it never made sense to resign him in the first place and especially deciding to lose 20+ pounds without even consulting the team about it.

Do we know that for a fact?  How?  (Not doubting you, just asking for the source - article, tweet, whateves)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.